“Part of Leeds music history” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 33 Shopping in Leeds
Brussels, Belgium
3 attraction reviews
“Part of Leeds music history”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I have been going here for quite a few years now, as did my father before me. I imagine it's the only place to buy vinyl albums in Leeds these days (unless Crash sells more than 12 inch?). I no longer live in the area and returned recently, managing to buy a few good and fairly unusual records. If I remember there is not as much vinyl as 10 years ago despite the recent renaissance. The buyers have good taste though across a range of genres so I assume it is still worth a regular visit if you live in Leeds.

Visited June 2012

leeds
“jumbo records still great.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

iv been buying records/cds from jumbo records since 1978,i got johnny mopeds,incendiary device on 7" ,still got it.since then iv baught punk.reggae,northern soul,post punk.electro,and always find something i want or something i didnt know i wanted,also the fanzine section has some good reading in it.staff are always helpfull and freindly. you can spend hours in there. brilliant place.

Visited July 2012
“Brilliant selection of vinyl and CD, a must for music lovers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

When I'm in leeds I won't even go here unless I've got an hour and twenty quid spare. A fantastic place to browse at your leisure and flip through the vinyl. There's also a good range of CDs and always a bargain section to rummage. Love it! You will stride away proudly with your cool jumbo records carrier bag and look forwards to going back. Do it.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“My favourite Independent Record Shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

Independent record shops are dying out, and this is one of the best. Genuinly friendly staff, I can be quite difficult with my tastes and they always help. A wide selection of different styles, on Vinyl and CD. And it is great to see vinyl on record shop shelves. Prob not for those after the latest pop release, more for genuine music fans.

After buying loads of Latin records, and being made redundant, I got the chance to go travelling and the music I brought from here inspired my choice of destination, particularly in South America.

Visited April 2011