“Excellent dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Have been to the deer park several times and really can't fault them. The food is fantastic, the service we've received has always been great. Nice to see some great new additions to the menu on this visit. Would recommend to friends definitely!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Southsea UK
“Excellent lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was initially a bit apprehensive as we arrived at The Deer Park for lunch. It is certainly spacious and the open fires very welcoming with the winter weather, but I was wondering if it might be one of those establishments that focus rather too hard on trendy ambience rather than the quality of the food.
Thankfully, my fears were completely unfounded. My Gammon, Egg and Frites was absolutely spot-on: good quality meat, properly cooked, perfect crisp fries, all nicely presented on a hot plate. Everyone else seemed to really enjoy their meal too. Wine and coffee were both good.
Staff were polite and friendly. A minor criticism was that our lunch did take a fair while to arrive, but it was worth the wait.
I'd certainly visit The Deer Park again.

killer_butterflies
“Nice food, average service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We had an impromptu visit here today for my birthday and thought we'd try it having never eaten there before.

We were promptly seated what is a very stylish restaurant but the waitress took our drinks order before we had even sat down.

When we ordered our food we were not made aware what dishes they had run out of until my father tried to order the pie, which I think is wrong, I prefer to be told that something is unavailable before I get my hopes up.

I had the spit roast chicken with aioli, which I very much enjoyed, but as always with chicken breast in restaurants it was a little dry. The Asian slaw was a bit strange too but I enjoyed my meal.

My parents both ordered the burger and very much enjoyed it, though it was very difficult to pick up and eat so they used their cutlery.

The service was quite slow but they were very polite.

We very much enjoyed our meal though other diners seemed to be having a little more difficulty with theirs - a table nearby had a problem with their order and then found something in their vegetable side dish.

Good prices. Stylish restaurant. Lovely clean toilets. Polite staff. Thank you.

yorkshire
“good food service a bit hit and miss”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

party of six went last weekend the menu is ok with good multiple choices
food is good and great atmosphere very trendy tables outside for when summer arrives
service a bit hit and miss main course 2 were served then there was a 5 minute wait for the next 2 then another few minutes for the final main courses all served by 3 differant waitresses overall not bad local to us with no distance to drive good food but service needs to be improved possibly someone in overall control ewatching the tables
straw bear

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great food, Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

We went for a late lunch after a business meeting nearby. We were very impressed by the decor and the log fires, which were burning adding to the sense of warmth we received when entering the establishment.

We received drinks promptly and ordered from their bistro style menu. We shared a garlic pizzette to start which was a good size and full if flavor. For my main corse I ordered the rack of ribs which were amazing again full of flavor and the meat was falling off the bone! My associate decided to have a pasta dish with chicken which she was also very impressed with.

I have already made plans to take family and friends next week. Top marks for this restaurant

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere