“Great service, good value for money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Avalon Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leeds
Avalon Guest House
You added Avalon Guest House to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   132 Woodsley Rd, Leeds LS2 9LZ, England   |
Ranked #9 of 21 Leeds B&B and Inns
“Great service, good value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night as we were going to see a gig at the first direct arena. It's only £3.80 in a taxi from the hotel to the arena so handy for city centre. Welcomed by friendly efficient staff, shown to a clean room with a reasonable amount of space. Flat screen tv (small) with freeview, hair dryer, nice bathroom with shower. It is a bit mismatched and some of the decor is shabby but bedding and towels spotless and bathroom perfectly clean. Free wifi and free parking which is brilliant and also complimentary English breakfast which is nice. Great value for money. Will come back if ever come to Leeds again.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Donaghadee, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights 24th and 25th July 2013 whilst visiting my daughter in Leeds. Thought the location was very convenient to town and suburbs and easy to find by car. Also it was great to be able to leave the car when we needed to. We chose the room to the left of the front door which was large and ensuite- the only drawback was the noise of people leaving early in the morning. The staff were extremely good- helpful and attentive and hard working. Very good value for money. We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: rooms near the front door are abit noisy when guests come and go
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Mori, Trentino-Alto Adige, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

With a friend of mine I stayed 3 days, enjoying the guest house, the breakfast and in particular Siryia's kindness! Siryia is one of the staff members: she helped us, gave us all the necessary info to get around Leeds.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
La Crosse, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed at the guest house for four nights while I was at a conference in Leeds and were satisfied with our stay. The proximity to the University was ideal for our needs and the cost to stay was very reasonable for an academic on a budget. The room was small, but very clean and the proprietors tidied up and provided new sundries daily. Breakfast was hearty and filling and our request for no meats was accommodated with eggs and meat-free beans, as well as plenty of toast, juice, coffee, fruit, and cereal. The only real problem we had was on one occasion when we were planning to drive to York and the parking lot was so full that we couldn't get our car out, so our plans had to be changed and we missed out on an opportunity to visit one of our destinations. Otherwise, the stay was comfortable and the proprietors were very hospitable, even letting us use their umbrella one rainy evening. As others have said, a very good value.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed for 2 days in June. I found everyone was very friendly and helpful. I especially liked the breakfast and all the extra help in having my own food from home.
There were minor issues of worn out key of the room which I pointed out to the owners.
Overall, a very good value for money at a good location in Leeds

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Kingston-upon-Hull
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I was very let down by the management of this guest house. I was living in Hull in East Yorkshire and enquired about staying for several weeks whilst I could find somewhere permanent to live in Leeds.In enquired about a weekly rate and they quoted me a price which was slightly more than I was paying in Hull. I travelled over specially the day after to meet the people and had arranged an approximate time to meet.; When I arrived at the guest house the people who answered the door denied all knowledge of the appointment Id made with them and they even went and checked with the manager.Evidently he'd changed his mind and he then said the price of the rooms was £25-£30 per night, quite a good rate, but they pretended that they weren't expecting me. Its possible that this was a language misunderstanding because they weren't native English speakers but nevertheless they are very savvy business people. I felt extremely let down and very angry. I went to another B&B down the road, the Glengarth guest House, but they are run by the same management. I enquired there about a weekly rate but they pretended not to understand. I am also from a diverse background myself and its possible that they had a problem with my diversity also.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Llyswen, Brecon, Wales
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the guest house for 2 nights. The room was adequate but it did have a feel that the room was done on a budget. Breakfast was fine but a few niceties could have been thought of rather than serving orange juice out of the carton!

However, the location was excellent for Leeds Universities and very quiet location. Only 20 mins walk into the city and easy to park the car. The Indian hosts were really friendly and very helpful. Even though I am slightly negative for the quality of the room and breakfast, the price of £50 a night was very reasonable. Nearer to the city centre would have been almost double that!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Avalon Guest House? Share your experiences!