“No Complaints” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 89 Hotels in Leeds
west lothian
“No Complaints”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2010

My husband and I have just returned from a two day stay at this hotel and could not fault it. Rooms are adequate in size and have the benefit of a fridge. The ensuite looked as though it had recently been redecorated and had the added bonus of having lovely thick dressing gowns hanging behind the door. Only had breakfast at the hotel but again couldn't fault it. I did notice that another reviewer said that the food was lukewarm but our buffet breakfast was fine. The staff were very helpful and I really loved the decor. We would definitely stay again!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Kerhie, Customer Service at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, April 20, 2010
Thank you for your positive feedback, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our staff both friendly and polite. We very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Kind regards Kerhie Harrison Customer Service

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
Warwickshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

I stayed in room 214 which looks out over the main City Square. It was a large room and very quite, although at one point it interconnected to the room next door. The bed was comfortable and the room well furnished. The suitcase stand and tea tray though was wedged tightly against the side of the bed, which given the space in the room was a little strange. The bathroom was a decent size. The room was fairly cold and the aircon was stuck on management control so I couldn't change the settings. the bed was covered in sheets, so I would avoid this hotel if you prefer a duvet. Breakfast was more than adequate but the hot food was lukewarm at best. I found all the staff I encountered to be friendly and polite.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Kerhie, Customer Service at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, April 16, 2010
Thank you for your positive feedback, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us in room 214, particularly as it gave you a wonderful view of City Square; and that you found our staff both friendly and polite. We very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Kind regards Kerhie Harrison Customer Service
Edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010

Spent the Easter weekend at this hotel and thoroughly enjoyed it! Check in was a bit slow with only one person on the desk despite a large queue. Concierge were occupied with a large wedding party, but everyone very friendly.

We were allocated a room which turned out to be a mini suite - so thanks very much for the upgrade! Room was very clean and totally soundproofed from the noise from the station below our window.

Breakfast the next morning was in the Bar as I assume that the grill room was bursting to capacity on Sunday morning - complimentary easter eggs and crispy cakes for the sweet toothed in our party.

A big thank you to all the staff - who were know doubt put under pressure over the weekend - will definately be back!

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Kerhie, Customer Service at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, April 7, 2010
Thank you for your positive feedback, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us this Easter, and that you found our staff friendly. We very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

sunderland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2010

I would strongly advise anyone to take the hotel telephone number or to be sure you know exactly how to find it as the sat nav takes you to a scrapyard in the centre of Leeds. I rang the hotel and a real star of a concierge (Daniel) talked us through the one way system then met us at the front door. Friendly and helpful check in; we decided to have an evening meal in the hotel, and we werent disappointed - again superb service, so much to choose from, and an excellent quality of locally resourced produce, three courses for 19.99, excellent value. We decided to have a meal there on our 2nd nite too as there were so many things we wanted to try. Breakfast was substantial too, lots of choice and again friendly helpful people serving. All in all, would thoroughly recommend the place, and would certainly stay here again.

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Kerhie, Customer Service at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, April 12, 2010
Thank you for your positive feedback, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you found our staff both friendly and helpful; I shall certainly pass on your thoughts to Daniel. We very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Kind regards Kerhie Harrison Customer Service
derby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2010

QUEENS LEEDS

My Friend and I have just returned from a weekend away in Leeds staying at the Queens Hotel.

We found the staff to be extremely helpful and cheery and the valet parking a real gem, although the room was small it was warm and very comfortable.

We found the breakfast to be very tasty with a good choice of hot & cold buffet style food.

We would make the Queens our first choice destination Hotel, would highly recommend this hotel to friends and family alike.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Kerhie, Customer Service at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, March 31, 2010
Thank you for your positive feedback, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you found staff extremely helpful and your room comfortable. We very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Kind regards Kerhie Harrison Customer Service
Worcestershire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

My wife and I stayed at The Queens hotel recently having travelled some distance. Our first impression was very favourable. We were greeted cheerfully and courteously by the porters and were grateful for the valet parking. The receptionist was equally helpful and informed us that our suite 201 was one that had recently been refurbished and we would like it. She was wrong!

Suite 201 is dingy with awful views from both windows overlooking roofs with litter on them. We were rather tired and were only staying one night so did not want the fuss of changing rooms. I decided I would get some rest but this became impossible due to a noise which I couldn't make out where it was coming from. It was a grating noise rather like a steel truck being pulled over some rails. It may have been the lift shafts whatever, I still don't know, but it was extremely irritating.

At 6.00pm we decided to cheer ourselves up and ordered a bottle of wine and some nibbles. Room service did not know what nibbles were but eventually we were delivered a "nothing special" bottle of Pinot Grigio (£21) a plate of crisps no more than a bag full (£2.95p) and small plate of olives which were hardly edible (£2.95p) and to this was added a tray charge of £3.50p. Value for money I think not!

The Gala Dinner was a disappointment for a number of reasons the main one being the qualtity of the food which was ghastly.

The Rocket Salad which was described as, dressed stilton ,red grape & rocket salad with crisp bread. Mine had one small piece of stilton, no grapes and the bread was stale. My wife had one grape and a few pieces of stilton and her bread was the same as mine. In other words it was a plate of rocket salad with some dressing!

The Special , slow cooked beef in port with smoked bacon, braised carrots and roast potatoes sounded wonderful, if only it tasted like it! I tried to eat mine but gave up; my wife tasted the beef and just left the rest of the meal.

I won't bother to comment on the rest of the meal suffice to say that we hardly went to the dinner for pudding and coffee! On return to our room we were relieved that the noise had ceased…but it returned in the morning!

The room in which we were served breakfast was in our view totally unsatisfactory. It felt very claustrophobic and my wife had to leave the restaurant before finishing her meal. I had the feeling that the room was not big enough to cater for the hotel if there were several guests and it certainly was not adequate during our stay.

We will not be returning to this hotel and in a way I feel sorry for the friendly staff who are clearly being let down by the management.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for you’re raising your concerns, I am sorry that you had a disappointing experience with us, and would welcome the opportunity to discuss this further with you. I would be grateful if you could email me at kharrison@qhotels.co.uk.

I look forward to hearing from you.

NORTH ENGLAND
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

A pleasant stay. Staff very helpful, they changed my room from twin I had booked to the double I prefered. Breakfast was fine and the valet parking useful. The room was spacious with a clean good sized bathroom. This was a much more enjoyable stay than the those I have had in other Leeds hotels recently. At £65 per night including breakfast it was also good value. At this price I will be using the hotel again

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel

Kerhie, Customer Service at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, March 19, 2010
Thank you for your positive feedback, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Customer Service

Been to The Queens - Leeds? Share your experiences!