“Service as it should be” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   City Square, Leeds LS1 1PJ, England   |
Ranked #16 of 89 Hotels in Leeds
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sheffield
“Service as it should be”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed on the night of April 30, 2014 ahead of a breakfast event on May 1. The doorman and concierge were great. The concierge who looked after my car called me by name every time he saw me both on the night of my arrival and the following morning.

The breakfast for our event was lovely and my opinion of the hotel is first class.

I regularly stay at The Savoy in London and the Queens' staff are the equal of the Savoy team, if not even a little better.

Every single team member I encountered delivered outstanding customer service and I was blown away.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Moz01

Thank you for posting a review of your stay,

On a more positive note I was pleased to read that you found our concierge team to be excellent embassadors for Customer service and will certainly pass on your kind thoughts as I am sure they will be a great source of motivation to them; particularly as you liken them to the Savoy team. Please too that you thoroughly enjoyed breakfast.

I do so hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again soon, it would be an absolute pleasure to welcome you back.

Jacquie Hanson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (432)
Wandsworth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed for the 1st weekend in May no real issues staff very pleasent but for a 4star hotel lives off a little of the "art deco" theme decor and rooms could be spruced up a little retainnig same features as tired in places.

Rooms are warm aircon does not really work well and unable to open windows. Function was on when I stayed and guests coming back were a little noisey(hotel cant odds that I know)

Overall would not have an issue returning although for value and decor of rooms some of the newer hotels in Leeds might be better at present

Room Tip: Get one away from lifts
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear WandsworthWomble

Thank you for your constructive review, I was sorry to read that not everything went according to plan and at this late stage can only apologise for the frustrations caused. Please be assured that this is certainly not our usual standard of quality or service and will address the comments raised with our maintenance manager.

I do hope we have the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel and very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Carlisle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

My wife and I arrived on Friday afternoon and we were treated as special by all members of staff. By the time we left on Sunday we felt like royalty. From red carpet at the front of the hotel to the tasty breakfasts in the dinning room you could not ask for better.

Room Tip: Go that bit extra an get Qclub room
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear ppcjs29

Thank you for posting such a lovely review of your stay, I was very happy to read that you had a wonderful time with us and had the opportunity to stay in QClub, it's a treat isn't it?

I do hope we can welcome you both again soon.

Barton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last year and had an amazing time. Took my other half on a weekend away. It was perfect. Very professional and nothing was to much bother. We loved it and will be going back again. The breakfast in the morning was very tasty and was also all you can eat. The room service was also too notch. Local bars near by and right in the center of Leeds. Perfect.

• Stayed December 2013
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Kjh1980

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay, I was thrilled to read that you had a wonderful stay with us and very much hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Stayed here twice. The first time for free due to a lack of hot water. My second visit was on business and booked centrally so had no choice.
It has the trappings of grandeur but is very dated and a bit shabby in places. Modern branded hotels offer just as much at a much lower cost.
Nice staff except for the top hatted doorman who for two days went about the place declaring that the Queens was "slightly better than the Dorchester", poor deluded man.

It's an ok place to stay but my money is happier spent at Malmaison or even the new Premier Inn opposite the new Leeds Arena.

Come to Leeds, it's a fabulous city and one of the friendliest places I've been but pick your hotel carefully. Lots of similar prices for very disimilar quality.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Hugh G

Thank you for your constructive feedback I was sorry to read that not everything went according to plan, as you can imagine the maintenance of such a grand hotel is an ongoing project and will certainly address your concerns with the onsite maintenance team to investigate.

Thank you again for your comments and hope that we can restore your faith in our hotel some time in the future.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for a business seminar. Received good customer service. The decor was nice. Art Deco style. I stayed in a double superior room which was quite nice. Unfortunately the room was cold and the heating was not working and when I told them they Quickly provided a heater which made all the difference. They also responded quickly when the safe broke down twice. This hotel was suitable for the purpose of my visit however i was disappointed that it had no gym which is expected as 4 star level in my opinion. Service in the bar could have been better too as we had to go out of our way to attract attention to be served a drink and would have died of thirst if we wanted another drink. Other than those things. Nice hotel and very close to Leeds station in fact there is an entrance/exit in the Station but it's not obvious. I would stay again for a business trip but not for leisure as I would want facilities such as a gym.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear KempoQueen

Thank you for taking the time to post your constructive review I was pleased that on the whole you had an enjoyable stay with us and will certainly look into the comments made in relation to the maintenance issues expierenced.

Please be assured that this is not our usual standard of quality or service and would welcome the opportunity to restore your faith.

Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

recently stayed here for a conference. The hotel is very comfortable and my corner room was really perfect. What made the hotel so good though was the staff who went out of there way to help me - The lady at reception (sorry I dont know her name) and Dave Pinney at Conceirge really went of their way to be help even though they had plenty of other guests to help too. Excellent.

Room Tip: corner room at no extra cost best
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Joanna B

Thank you for posting a review of your stay, I was thrilled to read you had a wonderful conference and will certainly pass on your kind thoughts to the team, Dave in particular as I am sure he will find them a great source of motivation.

I hope to be able to welcome you back soon.

Jacquie Hanson

Been to The Queens - Leeds? Share your experiences!