“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 89 hotels in Leeds
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Fantastic hotel. Particularly liked the huge bed! We attend a friends wedding and everything from start to finish was great. Service and the people were very welcoming and helpful, we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Kim R

Thank you for your review, glad you enjoyed your friends wedding, it’s a lovely venue for a little pomp don’t you think? I’ll certainly pass on your kind thoughts to the team as I am sure they will find them a great source of motivation.

Warm regards

1,594 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I have stayed on 2 occasions with my partner for leisure trips at The Queens in Leeds and would only stay at The Queens if staying in Leeds in the future. The last time we stayed was the 24 - 27th August 2013 and the second stay was just as fab as the first. The rooms are to die for, the food is tasty, the staff are extremely welcoming and the location couldn't be any better.

Worth every penny !

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Shanice F

Thank you for your review, we love it too and many others enjoy their Art Deco surroundings. We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back very soon.

Pizzo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I spent the weekend at this hotel for my daughter's wedding. The night before I sampled the restaurant and the dinner I had was absolutely superb, staff excellent in all parts of the hotel and my room was lovely and also soundproof - a very enjoyable stay and I stay in lots of hotels all over the world

Room Tip: I think the higher up you are then the quieter it will be. I was at the side & it was very quie...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear CollettePizzo

Thank you for your review, really pleased that you had a wonderful stay with us and very much enjoyed our hospitality and food. Do visit us again soon.

Warmest regards

Mirfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Probably not the cheapest venu for hire in central Leeds but closeness to the railway station makes it ideal location for people travelling from north, south or Midlands. Sumptuous decor and carpets and restaurant serving good selection of hot and cold quality buffet food for our delegates.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear TitchMirfield

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with the wider travelling community, glad to see that we didn’t disappoint and found it perfect for your conference.

Brigg, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed over for a night out in Leeds and found the location excellent, as were the very friendly staff and the room. The valet parking is well worth the £16 for 24 hours, and the room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was fairly typical hotel buffet breakfast stuff, but all in a clean, warm friendly environment. We would definitely stay again for a night out in Leeds.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Glyn T

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay, pleased that you were able to use our great location for exploring Leeds. Please you enjoyed our Yorkshire breakfast too.
Hope to see you again soon.

Ellingstring
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

We booked in to the queens hotel on the 25th-26th of October.
We didn't really know what to expect
But when we pulled up to the main entrance; we were amazed.
The hotel is beautiful.

After managing to check in early, we got to our rooms
Which were amazing!!
The staff are were so
Helpful there, even though we ordered room service at about 11pm, the staff were still happy and smiling which made the stay 100% better!
The location of the hotel is superb! It couldn't be any closer to the city centre which was great for us!
I would
recommend staying here to anyone, we will certainly be returning here shortly!

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Ellisfern

Thank you for your review, it’s a beautiful building isn’t it? Great that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that you were able to use our fab location for exploring the city.

Do visit us again soon.

Warm regards

Leeds
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

It took 3 attempts to get booked into the room I had actually booked. Initially, I was given the key to a single room, despite having booked a superior double. When I went to complain, I was told I had only booked 2 single rooms (I had booked a single for a friend and double for my husband and me, and this single room also smelled of stale cigarette smoke - it overlooked the Wetherspoons pub and smoking area) I was then given a key to another room which was a tiny double. Again, I went to complain and produced my email confirmation stating the room type I had booked. 3rd time lucky I got the right room. The lifts are a joke. My friend is disabled, and after waiting for a lift for 15 mins, she seriously began to contemplate going down the stairs which she can only do by sitting on them and bouncing down each step. When I arrived at the hotel early in the morning in order to get ready for a wedding, there was no one about at all - no friendly concierge as is frequently stated. As part of the wedding party, we were meant to be able to get a discount on rooms. The online price was cheaper than the alleged wedding party discount, and even then, it was very expensive for a 1 night stay - the cost of my 2 rooms was for 1 night was ridiculous. The facilities do not live up to the price you pay, for example, the televisions all had grainy images, and you only get 2 hours of free wifi. The toilets to not flush well. Door staff at night are rude and inconsiderate, and we had the door shut in our faces at one point despite showing our room keys. It is such a shame as the decor is fantastic, really stylish and the hotel is in a fantastic location.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Spockwilson

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, I was very disappointed to learn that not everything went according to plan. I was very pleased to read however that you found your Art Deco surroundings to be very pleasing. The hotel was built in 1937 and have maintained but of the original architecture. As such our lifts are sometimes a touch slower than their modern counterparts but I’m sure you will agree they have a certain charm.

I was a little surprised to read that you only had 2 hours WiFi as WiFi is complimentary throughout the hotel at all times. I will of course look into all the issues raised with the relevant heads of department and thank you once again for highlighting the problems you encountered.

I would like to assure you that this is certainly not our usual standard of service and would welcome the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel.

Warmest regards

Jacquie Hanson

Been to The Queens - Leeds? Share your experiences!