“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Peterborough, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

stayed two days, the hotel is in an excellent spot near to station and lots of bus routes that take you all over the local surroundings. Concierge was excellent , and when we got to our room it was immaculate and just as expected when booking. Bed was very comfortable so good nights sleep was insured, and breakfast was freshly cooked and set us up for the day. We had evening meal there the first night and although the menu was limited the food was fresh and cooked well. We would definitely stay again

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Jay H

Thank you for posting your review, delighted that you had a thoroughly enjoyable stay with us and very much enjoyed our home comforts. Please visit us again soon.

Ivar van Diepen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (432)
West Midlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I had a superb time staying at the Queen's. The decor is fabulous, an Art Deco gem, recalling the glamour of a past age. However, the facilities are bang up to date and my room had everything I needed for a comfy stay, including a lovely bathroom.

The staff are very kind, obliging and efficient, the little door directly in and out of the station is a real plus, and you can't get more central. I'll be back soon - can't wait to ride in those beautiful lifts again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Dorienne

Thank you for such a wonderful review, thrilled that you had a superb stay with us and that the team made you feel very welcome, I will be sure to pass on your thoughts as I am sure it will be a great source of motivation to them.

Please visit us again soon.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at the Queens Hotel on Friday 23rd august for 1 night this was our 3rd stay and again we thoroughly enjoyed it, check in was quick and we were able to go to our room straight away, we stayed in room 510 the room was lovely very big and very clean the bed was comfy and we had a good nights sleep. The staff were friendly and couldn't do enough to help, the service in the bar was second to none.
We had a full English breakfast Saturaday morning which was very tasty.
Thankyou to all at the Queens Hotel

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear gary s

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, I was delighted to read that you had a thoroughly enjoyable stay with us and had time to sample our legendary breakfast. I do hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again soon.

Consett, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Just come back from 2 night stay with friends. Great location for shops and bars which we'd gone to leeds for. When we arrived our car was taken to be parked and staff booked us in very quickly. Got rooms 520 & 530. These are standard rooms, clean with small bathrooms. Nothing fancy but had a lovely view of the square below. Had a really good nights sleep although had to turn the aircon off as it was extremely noisy. Breakfast was cereals, pastries, fruit and full english and very nice. They don't put a lot out at once so when eggs etc needed replenishing, which was often, there was a little bit of a wait but worth it for lovely fresh food. Staff very good.
The public areas are very nice and the bar area looked plush although we didn't need to use it as a member of staff gave us a brilliant map of Leeds bars and shops. Would recommend going down around Granary Wharf and Canal Wharf on a summer afternoon or evening as it was a great area with a fab atmosphere.(although drinks were a little more expensive)
Would stay here again mainly for the location and service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Julie S

Thank you for posting your review, I was pleased to read you very much enjoyed our central location for exploring the city and that the team were very welcoming and helpful. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments.

Do visit us again soon.

Warmest regards

Bolton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I must say the concierge was excellent (the tall stout gentleman)he made me feel at ease as I was meeting someone who I had not seen for a while and I had arrived on my own. His pleasant smile was nice to see when I was on my way out on my date.
The room had to be change do to a leak and this was sorted immediatey (up garded) the only think that was not right was that I was told the mini bar was free but there was on ly one beer in there as a complentary. Otherwise I could not fault anyone and look forward to my next stay. Please pass these comment onto the concierge he will know who I was.Thanks Susan Selby

Room Tip: The first room I was placed in (216)was excellent for people watching and getting great view of the...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Susan S

Thank you for your comments, I will certainly be sure to pass on your kind review to our concierge team who I am sure will see it as a great source of motivation. I very much look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back some time soon.

Warm regards

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in this lovely old hotel. Staff were so kind friendly & helpful. Rooms & beds very comfortable. Breakfast staff & food very good. Will definitely recommend to friends and come back in the near future. Thanks .

• Stayed August 2013
Dear CarolynC01

Thank you for posting your review, I was very happy to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and as such will recommend to family and friends. I do hope you will be staying with us again soon.

Warm regards

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Dropped in for a quick bite. Went to the bar to order some drinks. Glass that I was served a coke in was dirty. Asked for a st.germain and cranberry. The response was. "What?" It was clearly on the back bar so staff must not know their product. They had no cranberry so they went to look and had none. For a 4* hotel that a pretty basic thing not to have. Ordered a ham hock baguette which took a good 25 minutes considering their were three other people. Eventually it came with a side salad and crisps. I had to go to the bar for cutlery thinking it was self service. The bread was tough as old boots the ham were scrappings and the mustard was almost absent.I noticed a few tables that had been set up for afternoon tea. Upon watching these guests arrive. The waitresses came over within seconds. Brought the drinks to them etc. Checked back on how they were doing food wise. Which came in half the time and must of took longer to make. I left disappointed and after I told my colleague and his response was "what did you go their for, you would of got better at subway. The bills for a gin and tonic a pint of coke and that sandwiches came to almost was well over £20. If anyone from the hotel reads this I think your managers should hire so mystery. diners.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear joelkav88

Thank you for taking the time to post your constructive criticism, I would like to assure you that this is by no means our usual standard of quality and service and will certainly look into the comments made. I would like to thank you for taking the time to let me know.

Ivar van Diepen

Been to The Queens - Leeds? Share your experiences!