“Weekend Break” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 89 Hotels in Leeds
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“Weekend Break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Got away for the weekend to Leeds hotel was V.good room was excellent ( superior ) 2nd floor view of the pedestrian area opposite.
Breakfast was as good as anywhere we have stayed and the staff cannot do enough for you.
Price of drinks in bar a bit steep when you consider next door in railway station wetherspoons where half the cost.
Booked a table in the restaraunt on sat night and was dissappointed with the quality of the food would not eat here at night again, however we had a good time overall and got some X-mas shopping done.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Fireblade55

Thank you for posting a review of your stay, I was happy that on the whole you had a very enjoyable stay with us at The Queens. Thank you for your feedback in relation to your evening meal, I will certainly look into the comments made.

Kind regards

Ivar van Diepen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night to attend my wifes Christmas party. Very happy with everything we booked through last minute it was a secret hotel but quite obvious which hotel it was, so that saved me £30 then we were able to check in early and got chatting to the receptionist Kathy ( very nice lady) and ended up with a free upgade which was great considering how busy they were....then to top it off they said breakfast was included which i,d not payed for this really isnt my luck but wernt complaining so all in all nice room great service and lovely breakfast.

Dear wardy33

Thank you for your lovely review of The Queens. I am thrilled you had a super stay with us and that you would recommend our hotel to others. We look forward to making you welcome again soon.

Kind regards

Leeds, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for location mainly for a Xmas do. Very disappointed over priced shabby and very rude staff. Pulled ligament in ankle and was refused entry by doorman unless shoe was on he then proceeded to push me after following me into lift. No empathy shown to a injured woman no apology when reported to manager. Breakfast overpriced paid 15 pounds for 2 toast and 2 teas didn't even come with real butter and had to share one jam between us. Take my advice and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2012
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Gaylerogerhar,

I have noted your account of events with interest. Following investigation it is clear that some crucial details have been omitted from your review and equally from your friends email although it did outline your expectations and demands for compensation along with a reference to a TripAdvisor review being posted. I am pleased to learn from your fiend that you have recovered and likewise the Hotel can confirm that it’s member of security staff has also recovered from the injury sustained from a shoe being thrown and hitting him on the head. Overall a rather disappointing and disingenuous account of what actually did occur.

Cirencester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I was in leeds for a business meeting so I was on a budget. The queens was the same price as the travelodge so I thought I would give it a go and I am so pleased I did. If you are coming by train it's literally next door to the station. It's a proper old hotel full of Art Deco character. I liked the bar area and my room was clean and quiet and comfortable. Staff were friendly. Great proper cooked breakfast. Nothing to fault. If more traditional hotels did this then the dreary travelodges would be out of business.

• Stayed December 2012
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Tom L

Delighted that you had a very enjoyable stay with us at The Queens, congratulations on attaining such a magnificent room rate. We’re obviously also pleased that you chose to stay with us and were able to enjoy all our amenities. Do visit us again soon.

Kindest regards

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We stayed here because a family member was getting married near by and we were travelling by train. Very handy for the stations! Room quality was good, including a fridge, but then we were upgraded to a superior room. Staff were very friendly and attentive. Breakfast was excellent. The decor is a bit dated (faded elegance), but overall the standard of the hotel is good.

Room Tip: Try to get a superior room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear ajkavanagh

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, I was happy to read that on the whole you had a very enjoyable stay and had the opportunity to sample our true Yorkshire breakfast. I have taken note of your comments regarding the Art Deco surroundings and will certainly look at areas which need to be addressed. As you can imagine with a hotel of this size, it’s an ongoing and loving commitment.

Do visit us again soon.

Warmest regards

London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Room lovely. Ordered room service breakfast for 8am, Had to call at 8.20. Arrived 8.40. Asked for vegetarian and coffee...bacon and tea arrived...cold. Insisted on £5 room charge being paid in the moment in cash! Not good service

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear mkfLondon

Thank you for your review, I am sorry that not everything went according to plan and I will certainly look into the comments made regarding your room service. At this late stage I can only offer you my sincere apologies and assure you that this is by no means our usual standard of quality or service.

Thank you again for your constructive feedback and would welcome the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel.

Warmest regards

Cambridge, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Stayed here for work over the last week (3rd Dec - 6th Dec 2012). The staff are wonderful, super friendly etc. And you cant beat this hotel on the location front, its next to the station and in the city centre so only a short walk to good restuarants. However my room (4th floor) was tiny, over looking the main square so extremely noisy and really really dated decor wise. The curtains were filthy, the shower head broken - so I was spurted at all angles, the air conditioning didnt work - it was pretty cold. Breakfast was basic, but staff again absolutely wonderful.
The hotel just needs some money spent on it - its absolutely not 4*s in its currrent state.

Room Tip: Keep away from rooms facing the main road / square
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Natasha B

Thank you for your kind comments relating to the team, I will certainly pass on your kind thoughts; I am sure they will find it as a great source of motivation. I am sorry that you found the city centre location of the hotel to be a little noisy, the windows are secondary glazed and this is usually more than adequate in reducing noise levels. In respect of your comments relating to the temperature of the room, thank you for highlighting I will certainly forward the comments to our maintenance team in order to investigate. I feel sure that had our team been made aware there would have been efforts made to rectify the situation.

I can assure you that this is by no means our usual standard and would welcome the opportunity of restoring your faith in our hotel.

Warm regards

Ivar van Diepen

Been to The Queens - Leeds? Share your experiences!