“AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #57 of 89 hotels in Leeds
Chepstow, United Kingdom
“AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Terrible... You couldn't pay me to stay here again! Filthy dingy dirty hotel - had to clean the bathroom myself as had not been cleaned since last occupant! Had to collect my own towels from reception as they were too busy to bring them to the room! Could write my name in the dust on the sideboard! Black mould around taps! Broken cot for my 14 week old baby! Breakfast - everything needed a good clean and food should come with a health warning... New eggs put on top of old eggs, new beans/mushrooms stirred in with old ones.... Urghhhh like I said AVOID!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

305 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

The hotel is a little dated, but used last min.com to make the booking Sunday night with breakfast was £45.00, but they charged 50 pence to use a debt card which I thought was very petty and excessive, we were given room 104 in which the mattress was way past it's sell by date, the reception willingly changed our room. The mattress in room 114 was better but the room was very small with the bed pushed up against the wall, so the use of the bathroom in the middle of the night was a problem,
The corridors smelt of tobacco, breakfast was good, would use the hotel again but only at the reduced price, not recommended for any full price stay, with the window open noisy traffic.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This well run and modern hotel is ideal particularly for holiday makers planning to drive to Leeds and fly from Leeds/Bradford Airport. The room was a decent size and well maintained and quiet. We enjoyed a good meal in their restaurant at a reasonable price and were transported to and back from the airport for a small charge. Excellent value for money and only 10 minutes away from the airport.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I had booked 2 rooms and had specialy asked for a room with a window as I am a cancer patient, we ended up with a room with no windows, no air con, a very noisy small fan that was held together with a elastic band,lamp not working and when we complained to reception, we were told there was nothing they could do! We did not get any sleep as it was too hot.Terrible and unacceptable service of the worse kind I have ever seen. Would never stay in any Britannia hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Ashford
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Get what you pay for and overall it wasn't dreadful but paid a double room and got a twin. Luckily it was only me and I was so tired I couldn't bother to complain. My stay coincided with two coach loads of pensioners so I felt like I was staying overnight in a retirement home. Not my cup of tea!

• Stayed July 2013
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I reviewed this hotel a few months ago and said that our stay was good value for what we paid. I also suggested that room décor was a bit tired. We've been back again and this time we were put in a newly refurbished room It was in a section which is accessed only by walking through the dining room. The room was dominated by a large modern four-poster bed for which the fitted lights did not work and did not even seem to be plugged in. There was a wet towel in the bathroom when we arrived. When I was sitting on the side of the bed, some of the slats underneath the mattress collapsed. We fitted them back into place only to have some of them collapse again before we left. We mentioned this to the receptionist when we were leaving and did not even receive an apology. Other staff were friendly and helpful but we were not at all impressed by this person's reaction. Rather disappointing.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Blackpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

my friend and I booked a package coach trip and this was the "select hotel accommodation" we were given.
starting with the positives : the trip in itself was absolutely fine, the days out were lovely, the Yorkshire dales and everything in it's vicinity were beautiful, and the locals were very friendly. we had a great bit of banter with the coach driver - a nice man with a cracking sense of humour!
now for the negatives : while the hotel was clean, the amenities can be described as basic at best. in a twin room, we were blessed with only 2 drawers and 3 coat hangers, not enough for one lady travelling alone, let alone two on a girlie week away!
while the food was pleasant, the dining room atmosphere was reminiscent of school dinner, no flexibility in timings, and woe betide anyone trying to switch seats on an evening! we felt like 7 yr old kids, rather than the 50 plus grown women we actually are.
with no evening entertainment available, we felt obliged to go straight up to our room as the nearest town was over 6 miles away. we did however have one exciting trip to Tesco's one evening!
the hotel bar lacked atmosphere, for example, there was no music, and though the tv was on, it was on mute. we felt like room numbers rather than guests, I would say if you are looking for somewhere to stay over night as a pit stop, this hotel is fine, however if you are looking for a relaxing trip away in a friendly busy atmosphere, steer clear.
I would have posted this review earlier, however the advertised hotel wifi was non existent. probably for the best though, I was so disappointed with the experience that if I had reviewed this earlier, this review may have been a lot more negative. disappointing.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Britannia Leeds Hotel? Share your experiences!