“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 89 Hotels in Leeds
lincolnshire
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2010

We stayed here on a night away from the kids. We didn't like 1st room and were given a 2nd one. Very spacious comfy beds. Breakfast arrived when ordered. Would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2009

If this hotel had been honest and had accurate pictorial information on the website I would have forgiven a lot. But I feel strongly when reality does not match the description on the website. When I asked reception about this apparent mismatch and suggested that perhaps my room was still awaiting refurb the response was that it was less of a refurb more of a sprucing up.
The hotel does have potential, I do not want to be utterly damning. And I will say from the outset it is very clean. If you can get a deal of £50 or less then go for it. The staff (beyond reception that is) were helpful and tried hard - especially the breakfast staff and the conference support young man. The restaurant and bar have been refurbished but I would suggest that the extractor facilities need an update as unfortunately the open nature of the kitchen meant that as soon as you stepped through the door the smell of cooking was all pervading. This would not take a lot to remedy and it would make a big difference to the first and lasting impressions.
Considering the Malmaison is over the road and a brand new suite hotel Roomz just adjoinng, this hotel needs a little more sprucing to get into the league of its surrounding competitors. I do feel it can be done as the basic ingredients are all there.
Would not recommend a business meeting as the conference room was very tired indeed.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
shropshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2009

We have stayed here on several occasions, when my partner races at Harwood. However this was the first time at the newly named "Cosmopolitan" The refurbishment has been done to a very high standard, and is lovely. The only complaint I would have is the restaurant side of things, The starter took forever to arrive, then instead of having a short break between finishing the starter and getting the main course it arrived as soon as the plates were cleared away. We felt rushed. It was for this reason that we ate out the other three nights we were there. It's not as friendly as it used to be when it was the Golden Lion Sorry!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Surrey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

I booked this hotel through lastminute.com for my husbands 3 day business trip looked like a boutique hotel.As he is in Leeds quite a lot and usually stays at the Plaza,thought we would give this a try.
I asked him about the £1 million refurb he said it had obviously not reached the bedrooms!Old style shabby not like the pictures at all!
No hot water either for his shower!!!!!
I feel the pictures do not show these rooms at all and i will not be using this Hotel again!!!! 4* I think not.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Deputyman, Manager at Cosmopolitan Hotel, responded to this review, November 2, 2009
I am very sorry that your husbands bedroom was not to his liking. The hotel has refurbished 80% of its bedroom stock and the final phase of our refurbishment will be completed in 2010. The pictures on our website represent our refurbished bedrooms. Unlike a number of Hotels, we have invested substantially throughout the recession to ensure our product is constantly improving.

I am not aware of any problems with any individual showers, however my Maintenace Manager is checking all showers as a precautionary measure.

It is unfortuante that we were not made aware at the time of your husbands stay of his dissapointment. We are always more than happy to move guests to alternative bedrooms should they find their bedroom is not to their liking.

The hotel is officially rated as an AA 3 star. We increased our AA rating to 79% on the last visit in July 2009.
Edinburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

I stayed for two nights in this hotel over a weekend with my partner in October. The room was very clean with excellent facilities, and the staff were very friendly. The free wi-fi in the room was fantastic for planning out our days and evenings. Unfortunately, the noise from a nearby nightclub kept us awake until 3am on the Friday, and 9am on the Saturday!! We obviously timed our visit very badly with an all night disco, and didn't get more than an hour of sleep for the whole night. We could hear every song as if it were right next door. The location was excellent for visiting everywhere we wanted to, but unless we could guarantee a quieter room on a future visit, it's unlikely we would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Middlesbrough
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

We stayed on a Sunday night because my partner had a gig, the hotel was in the perfect location, very clean, had all the little touches that make a hotel nice. The staff were pleasant and it was quiet through the night. Parking was close and the bed was comfy, and it's a lovely building too. I would definitely recommend staying there it was perfect for 1 night but I'd have happily stayed longer!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Ormskirk, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2009

2nd time me and my friends stayed at the sal rossa ibiza this year and was not disappointed.friendly and helpfull staff,excellent pool and sun terrace,with free sun loungers, wich is a god send in ibiza,basic but very cheap english style food served at the bar throughout the day.smack bang on the beach. ,an just a stones throw away from the legendary bora bora and the main nightlife.would deffo stay at the sall rossa again

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Cosmopolitan Hotel? Share your experiences!