“Perfect location for nightlife and train station” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #39 of 89 Hotels in Leeds
Ashington, United Kingdom
“Perfect location for nightlife and train station”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I stayed here in July with my partner for 2 nights, Welcomed by friendly staff, overall the hotel is in a good location, but the rooms our basic yet very clean and comfortable with large flat screen tv on wall.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Janet M, PA to the General Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Dear GreggandDean

Thank you for taking the time to place your kind comments online via Tripadvisor, in regard to your recent visit to the Hilton Leeds City.
Delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.
We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back, very soon and thank you for your valued feedback.

Hilton Leeds City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I recently stayed here for 4 nights. I was given a room on the 6th floor backing onto the train station. When laying in bed at night trying to get to sleep and in the morning when you wake up you can hear the whistles of the trains, and the noise of the train announcers. The room itself was nice - no bath - just a shower which was disappointing. Breakfast was included in my rate - there was a great choice - it was good quality. I do hate when hotels charge you extra for internet access which was expensive here. Hotel is convenient to town and restaurants but I would not stay here again purely due to the train noise. When I checked out I mentioned the noise and they asked if I requested a room change during my stay - but no I did not - but they had my reservation - knew it was for 4 nights and that I was an overseas visitor so they could have allocated a better placed room for people staying more than 1 night.....as once you move into a hotel room it becomes more of a pain to move out again midway through a stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the train station unless you want to hear train noise.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear JC1064
Thank you for taking the time to place your comments online via Tripadvisor, in regard to your recent visit to the Hilton Leeds City.
Please be assured that all your detailed feedback has been noted. I am sorry to read that our city centre based hotel did not live up to your expectations and that you were disturbed by the train station, which is located adjacent to our hotel.
As you can appreciate, rooms are allocated subject to availability. Had you highlighted your concerns at the time of your stay, via Reception, our Journey Ambassador, who is available on a 24/7 basis would have been delighted to assist you and ensure that your stay was to your complete satisfaction.
I am sorry that you feel let down by the lack of empathy shown to you, upon Checkout.
Please feel free to contact my PA, Janet McAteer (via email if you prefer) janet.mcateer@hilton.com with details of any forthcoming stays, and we will ensure that you are allocated a room, more to your preference.
We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back and thank you once again, for your detailed feedback.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Welcomed by friendly staff, room clean although in need of a refurb. Bathroom modern although shame the main room was not. Bed was extremely hard, reminded me of being abroad. View was good, but I was on the 11th floor.
Pool was terrible, again staff where welcoming although the changing rooms reminded me of a grotty council change area, you woud not think you where in a Hilton pool in Leeds.
Breakfast the next morning was really nice again freindly waiting staff around to help.
Overall an average stay with nice staff making up for the tired in need of a make over hotel.

Room Tip: High room, suite level.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear gedxfive

Thank you for taking the time to place your comments online via Tripadvisor, further to completing an online survey, in regard to your recent visit to the Hilton Leeds City.
Please be assured that all your detailed feedback and observations have been noted and shared with the relevant Heads of Department.
I am sorry to read that your allocated 11th Floor room was not to your expectations.
Thank you once again for your feedback.

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Ideal location for shopping as its just across the road from the new shopping centre.
Stayed here 1 night as a treat for my daughters birthday. Very nice hotel , staff are very friendly and helpful. I upgraded the room to a suite for £16 , but I do feel its a bit cheeky to expect another £16 for an earlier check in time . But the room we had was nice and spacious with bathrobes , but apart from 2 bottles of water , nothing greater than a standard room.
We didnt eat here but we did have a nice swim in the pool.
We will stay again

Room Tip: ask for a room at the top , great views over Leeds !
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear graysgirl1722
Your kind feedback is most welcome. Delighted to read that you enjoyed your shopping stay to celebrate your daughter`s birthday. Belated birthday greetings to her!!
Great to hear that you enjoyed your room which was upgraded to a suite for you and found time to enjoy our hotel swimming pool.
We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back, very soon and thank you for your feedback.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

the wine is far too expensive by the glass, for what it is. service very good overall. welcome fine, departure same. food fine. we did eat at the sister hotel twice, that is much better fitted out, more modern.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Joan186225

Your feedback is much appreciated. Please be assured that all your comments have been noted. Delighted to read that you particularly enjoyed dining at the Doubletree by Hilton Leeds City, which is a much newer built hotel in comparison with our 40 year old hotel.

Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I rang up to check availability and price on a room for 3 adults of which i tried 3 times!!!! reception were great and said my room for 3 adults would be fine. He then went on to ask me why i would be staying at the Hilton, If i was then to say business all would of been fine and i could of paid over the phone and booked my room. I told the guy on the phone its a friends birthday and we are not local. (not that it should matter why i want to stay there) conveniently then there were no rooms available for that date and couldn't have 3 adults in a room! This is a joke! I have stayed at the Hilton many of times and NEVER been treated like this! The guy who i spoke to dose not know who is on the other end of the phone, but just presumed because i said it was for a birthday night obviously my request wasn't as important as a business meeting call. I WILL be reporting this. As i said you don't know who is on the other end of the phone!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Janet M, PA to the General Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Jody C

Thank you for taking the time to place your comments online via Tripadvisor, in regard to your forthcoming booking at the Hilton Leeds City.
Please be assured that all your feedback and observations have been noted and shared with the appropriate Heads of Department. I am sorry to read of your disappointment and noted your concerns in regard to our Central Reservations Department.
May I ask that you contact my PA, Janet McAteer directly (via email) if you prefer: janet.mcateer@hilton.com and we will do our utmost that your forthcoming booking is dealt with on the level that you quite rightly expect of the Hilton Brand.
We look forward to hearing from you to confirm your requirements, in due course.
Thank you once again for your valued feedback.

Barnard Castle, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I stayed here with a group of ladies celebrating a birthday, my husband also joined me later for the night.
The rooms had been booked for while and as my husband would be staying the night we changed one of the rooms to a double instead of the town that had been booked, this did not happen and the staff were adamant (rude!!) that we had not changed the booking and offered no help in doing so.
Booking in took forever and the man on reception was rude, arrogant and just plain unfriendly!
We went into town for the evening and upon returning found there was no one to let us in! There was a bell to ring for attention but obviously no one on the other end! We stood for around 20 minutes with no answer and then decided to try and walk thorough the multi storey car park and managed to find our way in! Luckily I had met up with my husband by this time or I could have been on my own! Not good for a lone or young females to have to hang around outside in the early hours of the morning!
Would not stay in this hotel again even if facilities we're to an ok standard!

Stayed June 2014
Dear LyndsayBayles

Please be assured that all your feedback and observations have been noted and shared with the appropriate Heads of Department. There can be no excuse for the manner in which your concerns were dealt with by my Reception team member. Immediate corrective re-training has been carried out on all our Reception Team via my Front Office Manager.
Thank you once again for your valued feedback.
I am sorry to read that you feel unable to return to our hotel. Should you re-consider, please feel free to contact my PA, Janet McAteer via email (if you prefer) janet.mcateer@hilton.com with details of your future booking and we will do our utmost that you experience the level of service that you quite rightly expect from Hilton.
We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back, very soon.

Hilton Leeds City

Been to Hilton Leeds City? Share your experiences!