“Overnight stay in Leeds” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #40 of 89 Hotels in Leeds
Whitby, England, United Kingdom
“Overnight stay in Leeds”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

This was our first experience of staying in a Hilton Hotel , so I was very much looking forward to something a bit special ... The staff were lovely & the location was good but I felt I could have been staying in a good budget hotel .

Room Tip: If you return to the hotel after 11pm press the buzzer & then try the door , the notice does su...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Janet M, PA to the General Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Chris G
Thank you for taking the time to place your comments online via Tripadvisor, further to your recent visit to the Hilton Leeds City.
Please be assured that all your feedback has been noted. I am sorry to read of your disappointment, that our hotel did not live up to your expectations.
Thank you, once again for your valued feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Hilton Leeds City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

The hotel is in a convenient location and the reception bar area is ok . However the room is outdated and although I wasn't there to watch TV - I felt that considering I had booked a suite something better was expected than the old TV stood in some sort of cabinet which I felt wasn't really fitting for a hotel. Also walls are very thin and you can hear a fair bit of noise from outside/other guest. I wouldn't stay here again to be honest.

Room Tip: Don't bother with a suite - big rooms but very outdated!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Lisa W

Thank you for taking the time to place your feedback online via Tripadvisor, further to your visit to the Hilton Leeds City, last December.
I am sorry to read that our hotel did not live up to our expectations.
Thank you, once again for your valued feedback, sorry to read that you feel unable to return.

PENARTH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

My wife,friends and I stayed at the Hilton for two nights in order to see Eric Clapton and The Eagles at the Leeds Arena. The hotel is ideally situated for access to all that Leeds has to offer,shopping,nightlife and concerts.It is also very conveniently placed in respect of the main route in/out of Leeds.as a result you do not get"caught up" in the Leeds one way system.This is especially useful for the first time visitor to the city.
The Hotel is superb!! The staff are extremely helpful and attentive and overall the quality of service is of the highest order.An example of this was clearly demonstrated when we arrived 20 minutes after breakfast had finished on our first morning of our stay.On our way out of the dining room we met the manager and despite our prostestations he organised breakfast for us.He made us feel most welcome and his friendly positive attitude was an absolute joy!
This positive,friendly approach was replicated by all of the staff we came in contact with.
The hotel facilities are excellent,the rooms very comfortable,breakfasts very good (even when you turn up late!!),the restaurant and coffee bar offer very good value for money.
Car parking is available in a small, multi storey,car park linked to the hotel.It is a little"tight" but we had no problem manoeuvering our large estate car into a parking bay.
I have no reservations whatsoever in recommending the Hilton Leeds City,it offers excellent value for money and a quality of service sadly lacking in most "city centre"hotels.

Room Tip: We had rooms on the 10th floor and these were very quiet.No noise at all despite being so close to t...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear BMBPENARTH
Thank you for taking the time to place your kind feedback online via Tripadvisor, further to your recent visit to the Hilton Leeds City.
I am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Great to hear that my team were accommodating and you particularly enjoyed the high standard of service that was offered to you. Please be assured that I will take the liberty of sharing your kind comments with all the team here, as it acts as a great motivator.
Thank you, once again for your valued feedback. Your loyalty to Hilton is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

My friend and I stayed at the Hilton while we were attending the Cherish Conference in May 2014. This was an ideal location - a ten minute walk from the First Direct Arena and right beside the train station - and our accommodation was perfect for a three night stay.

The room was clean, fresh and comfortable. We had three excellent nights' sleep and breakfast provided good choice each morning.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Amanda-Jane C

Maidstone, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Whilst a very central and convenient position in the centre of Leeds, the level of certain areas such as breakfast, a room with a non functional shower and customer service is more aligned with a very very budget hotel. The breakfast (if you can call it breakfast) had virtually no fruit, very limited drinks and a very poor selection of 2/3 hot items. despite having a poor experience and being a HHonours member I thought would see if at check out I was asked if everything was OK? Sadly, i was not and just handed a bill once I had paid - so rather than complain to them then, I will do so on here in order other people do not waste their hard earned monies on this budget hotel in all but the price!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Graeme J
Thank you for taking the time to place your feedback online via Tripadvisor, further to your recent visit to the Hilton Leeds City.
Your feedback has been noted. I am sorry to read of your disappointment, there can be no excuse for the lack of empathy shown to you upon checkout via Reception. We do have Duty Management available contactable via Reception on a 24/7 basis, who would have been delighted to discuss your concerns with you at the time of your stay.
Thank you, once again for your valued feedback.

Hythe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

This is a standard Hilton - clean and friendly and only a short walk from the train station and city centre.

Rooms were very nice and sharp, nightly cost was low for a Hilton. A good business hotel location. Large reception, bar and restaurant. If the price is low - worthwhile.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Janet M, PA to the General Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear RDM-UK
I am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us, finding our hotel very central to your needs.

Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I stayed here with my partner a few days after breaking my arm! The staff were very friendly, particularly those at the front of the spa who were also incredibly helpful seen as I couldn't use any of the facilities with a cast on!

The rooms themselves were okay but a little drab, for the price I was expecting something more. All in all a pleasant stay, great staff and a good location.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Rachel-Rae N
Sorry to hear of your unfortunate accident. I do hope that you are well on the road to recovery.
Delighted to read that my team very accommodating to your needs and helpful in assisting you via our Livingwell Health Club. You are very welcome.
Sorry to read that your room allocation did not meet with your expectations.
Thank you for taking the time to place your feedback online.

Hilton Leeds City

Been to Hilton Leeds City? Share your experiences!