“Average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Met

You added The Met to your Saves list
The Met
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   King Street, Leeds LS1 2HQ, England (Formerly Metropole Hotel)   |
Ranked #52 of 89 Hotels in Leeds
Paisley
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Clearly a work in progress. Not sure it can justify 4 stars. £20 extra per night to park isn't fair. Bar too small with under trained staff. Restaurant was average. Room was a good size but needs sound proofing & refurb. Great location & nice staff.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Duvetdancer

I very much appreciate your constructive comments and I will be sure to pass these back onto the team.

Here at The Met we are always looking for possible ways to improve upon our service to guests and your comments will go a great way in aiding us in that.

I hope that we may be able to welcome you back to The Met at some point in the near future and judge the changes that we have made for yourself.

Simone Sansom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two nights with my friends, my daughter-in-law and a friend shared the same room. The room was spacious and very clean, the beds were very, very comofortable. The staff were friendly and made you feel welcome and looked after. Breakfast was served in a large dining area on the ground floor and there were plenty of options to suit all tastes. Parking is an issue, however, as there are very, very few parking spaces which really need to be booked in advance. Great location for the centre of Leeds including the First Direct Arena :-)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Rosey A

It was wonderful to hear that you and your friends had a pleasurable experience whilst staying with us. This is the experience which we strive to give all of our guests.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvienence that you may have experienced within our car park. Unfortuantly due to the age of the building and the space around us we are limited to what we can do with our car park. However we are one of the few city centre Leeds Hotels that can offer any parking at all.

I hope that we may be able to welcome you back to The Met at some point in the near future and hope that you may be able to make more use of the facilities that we offer.

Wallasey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I have stayed a few times at few times at this hotel, staff are all ways very helpful and friendly. Breakfast buffet was fresh and very nice. The rooms seem to be on the small side, with the en-suite being even smaller, but I think the worse problem is the ageing floorboards, it seems that you can hear every one else walking about!

Room Tip: Central to everything hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Marc011
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent experience here at The Met Hotel, through feedback such as yours we are able to consistently monitor our current service offering to our guests.

Here at The Met we are in the midst of an ongoing process to bring the bedrooms more in line with the demands of the modern day traveller and it is comments such as yours that allow us to focus our attentions on specific areas during this process.

The floor boards to which you have made comment are currently high on our list of priorities in our attempt to renovate the building

I hope that we may be able to welcome you back to The Met at some point in the near future to witness these changes for yourself.

Hastings, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

My rating would be higher except that I have a problem with traffic noise and their 'quiet rooms' aren't! The first room I was offered on the 6th floor was small but fairly quiet... except that the door wouldn't close from outside the room!!! Not sure how that didn't get spotted by the cleaners!!! They were as helpful as possible in finding me another room on the 4th floor but it was a disruptive start to my stay having already unpacked. The hotel is potentially good but would benefit from a make-over - it has a tired feel. Quality double gazing would also solve the traffic noise problems. I did appreciate the good shower and the toiletries in the bathroom as well as the large screen TV which worked well. And I enjoyed breakfast.... freshly squeezed orange juice and nicely poached eggs although I always prefer a cafetiere for my coffee rather than what tasted like very strong instant coffee!

Room Tip: The higher floors not on the road side are a bit quieter. The lift only goes up to the 5th floor so...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear ptgrrtt
Please accept my apologies for the initial inconvenience of moving rooms; however it was pleasing to hear that our team was very helpful during this disruptive moment.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I chose this hotel because it has my initials! Although it seemed reasonable in price for a central location. Clean and comfortable for a standard room and a great building. Only ever seen two staff when iv stayed (3 times) who seem very busy.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Metsx6
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent experience here at The Met Hotel. It is through honest and descriptive feedback such as yours that we are able to monitor our level of service and quality which we offer to guests.

I hope that we may be able to welcome you back to The Met at some point in the near future for a fourth visit.

Canterbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed here a couple of years ago and returned to this hotel because I was pleased with my stay then. The hotel is still good - helpful and friendly staff. OK breakfast though a bit over-cooked. Large and imposing reception area and good dining room. The wifi is now free, which it wasn't last time, so this is an improvement. The room was OK and quite adequate - if a bit cramped and really a tad run down - it could do with repainting especially in the en suite. On my first night the fire alarm went off at around 1:00 am. Everyone assembled in the foyer while two fire crews checked the hotel. On returning to our rooms a while later, the alarm went off again but only briefly. We weren't told whether there was an incident or if this was a false alarm. But there was a pleasant letter in the room the next day from the manager apologising for the inconvenience, which was a nice touch. In all, a good hotel which is very convenient for the railway and the centre of Leeds, and I'd stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Larry R

It was very pleasing to hear that you stayed with us for a second time on the back of a previous good experience.
I will be very sure to pass your comments on to our housekeeping, maintenance and kitchen team so that we can aim to improve upon the points which you have mentioned.

I hope that we may be able to welcome you back to The Met at some point in the near future for a third visit and that you may be able to judge the changes that we have made for yourself.

Alfreton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My wife and I stayed this hotel over the bankholiday weekend and all I can say is that I must eco elyes S review as we had the same experience,woken at 1am with the same crowd of patrons standing outside the front of the hotel smoking shouting and screaming and then brought the noise upstairs with them staying in the next room. This went on for 2hours till 3am and only stopped when I phoned reception to complain. As for the room we had a waste pipe running down one corner of the room so whenever apatron in the rooms above us flushed the toilet we was awakened by the noise and by the lift on the other side of the room as our room was next to it. There was no thought to which rooms to put mature guests had there been I sure they could have found us a more quiet part of the hotel in the first place on check in. This is the first time I couldn't wait to get home to get some sleep,relaxing break I don't think so,nightmare definitely.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Holeinone_12

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent experience at The Met Hotel.
Please accept my sincerest apologies for the less than satisfactory stay.

It was most unfortunate to hear of the difficulties that you faced during your stay with us and to hear that other patrons of the hotel did not adhere to hotel rules or respect the wellbeing of others in the building.

The experience which you have described is certainly not indictive of the standards of service and quality to which we strive towards and it is extremely upsetting that this is the lasting impression which you have had.

I would very much welcome the chance to invite you back to stay with us again in order to show you a true example of the high quality of service which we operate to.

Simone Sansom

Been to The Met? Share your experiences!