“Would stay again at this price!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Met

You added The Met to your Saves list
The Met
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   King Street, Leeds LS1 2HQ, England (Formerly Metropole Hotel)   |
Ranked #52 of 89 Hotels in Leeds
“Would stay again at this price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night in room 607 and would stay again.
Nice, quiet, clean room at the back of the hotel which looked like it had been recently upgraded. Large, clean bathroom & very comfy bed. Had a peaceful nights sleep. For my evening meal I had fish finger sandwich which came with fries and tartar sauce for £9.95 which I felt was expensive for what it was albeit very tasty. Breakfast was amazing, the restaurant was poorly lit but it didn't affect me much as I sat by the window.
Overall I was happy with my stay.
Now here's what you need to know about being on the sixth floor... there was no phone in this room so I had to order room service by mobile phone. Due to the room being high up, the card machine didn't work so I had to get re dressed and go down to reception to pay. Lastly, the lift only goes to the fifth floor so be prepared to climb stairs after that.
If you don't mind these few minor issues then you'll love it.

• Stayed February 2013
Met-Guest-Relations, General Manager at The Met, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear legoye

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on your stay at The Met Hotel, feedback from guests is always very much appreciated as it allows us to constantly assess our current service and procedures.

I was glad to read that you were happy with your stay and very much enjoyed breakfast in the morning.
Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused by the lack of a phone in your room. I am informed by my maintenance team that the phone had been removed that day as the phone line had undergone some work to resolve a problem and it has now been put back into place.

Once again thank you for your review and I hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Simone Sansom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed for the weekend just for a break and I can't fault the hotel. After reading some reviews I wasn't expecting much but everything was great. The staff, food and rooms were good for what we paid. Breakfast was delicious with plenty of choice and the rooms although smallish were just what we needed. 10 min walk from station and 20mins from main shops and bars. Would definately recommend and stay again!

Dear Atrevor

Thank you for your kind review of your experience at The Met Hotel.

I am pleased to hear that your stay at The Met Hotel surpassed your expectations; we do always endeavour to go above and beyond for our guests. Our rooms at The Met Hotel come in many different shapes and sizes and if you found your room on your last stay on the small side then please do not hesitate to contact us before your next stay and I will find a room that is more comfortable and accommodating for you.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Weekend leisure break, chose The Met due to location in city centre. Some reviews said parking could be an issue but when we arrived there were plenty spaces. £20 for 24 hours parking a bit steep but it is in the city centre. Imposing and decorative reception area possibly raises expectations beyond reasonable as the rooms are okay but by no means grand or large. On the plus side the room was clean, tidy and had what was needed for a weekend stay. Shower was freezing morning and night but friends in other room said theirs was okay. Amusing to see an old style refrigerator sized tv in room and not the flat screen which is the norm in most hotels these days but a weekend break is not for tv viewing so no issues there. Staff very friendly, bar area good and restaurant great for breakfast, excellent quality buffet style food and more than enough options for all tastes. Check in quick and efficient, same for check out. Would definitely stay here again. Could do with turning the heating down a touch in the rooms mind you !!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear NG121069

Thank you for your kind review of your experience at The Met Hotel.

It was really pleasing to hear that The Met Hotel fulfilled the expectations of your stay, we do try and tailor-make our offering so that we can meet the desired requirements of all our guests.
It was concerning to hear of your experience with the shower and for this I do apologise, if you would be kind enough to provide our Operations Manager with your room number then I will ensure that this is looked into immediately. He can be contacted on Joseph.Farrar@principal-hayley.com

Suffolk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed at the Met this week purely because my usual hotels were full. I arrived and was immediately impressed by the building which is beautiful and has been sympathetically renovated.

My room looked good. Well appointed and fresh looking. However, the pillows were dreadful: so uncomfortable, the only thing that disturbed my sleep in fact. A lesson to learn from the Marriott I think.

The kettle was a novelty. It had a 6inch lead that didn't reach any of the sockets - one way to save electricity I suppose. I ended up balancing it near the TV on the back of the unit: saving on electricity could easily turn into an expensive law suit for burns. Not very sensible!

I was disappointed by the ancient tv and how few channels it had but that's not a big deal.

We went out to eat but, having experienced the outstanding breakfast, I regret that. Next time I stay there (and I will stay there again) I will eat in the restaurant.

I would definitely recommend this hotel - just be careful how you manage your kettle!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear TamarTiger

Thank you for your kind review of your experience at The Met Hotel.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the wonderful work that has been done to restore our grand old building.
It was disappointing to hear that you had an uncomfortable stay as a result of our pillows – please rest assured I have now tasked our Housekeeping Manager to replace all pillows that are unsatisfactory.
With regards to the kettle situation that you touched upon, our kettles actually have a extended lead that is curled around the base, which can be used to position the kettle in a much safer position than that on top of the Television. We will now be leaving a small note regarding this in each bedroom as I concur that it is not that clear.

I do hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back to The Met at some point soon and to hopefully welcome you into our restaurant for dinner,

scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Looking for room for sister, daughter and myself. Great value for three people. Spacious clean and freshly decorated accommodation. (Actually got two adjoining rooms with shared bathroom). Lovely breakfast and ideal location.

• Stayed February 2013
Met-Guest-Relations, General Manager at The Met, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear ScotlandLucky

Thank you for your kind review of your experience at The Met Hotel.

I am so very pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast offering and that you found our hotel in an ideal location and convenient in accommodating your family.

I do hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back to The Met at some point soon,

UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I booked The Met through Last Minute and got a really good deal of around £49 for a double room on a Saturday, great value I thought. A minute's walk from Leeds Station and five minute stroll into the centre.

I loved the Parisian-style exterior of the hotel, the reception area is beautiful; a roaring fire, warm and inviting, with a huge staircase. Very friendly and professional service, I felt very welcomed.

My room was small, but fine for one. Really clean, good ensuite with shower and the best bit... the unbelievably soft Egyptian cotton sheets, I had the best sleep I'd had in a while.

Room Tip: Ask for a large double room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Havemonkeywilltravel

Thank you for your kind review of your experience at The Met Hotel.

It was very pleasing to read that you enjoyed architect and character of the building, both on the outside and on the inside - it is something that we are immensely proud of.
Upon your next visit to us, please do make a request for a large double room as you mentioned and I will ensure our team does everything that we can to accommodate your request

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Lovely hotel, full of original architectural features. Very polite staff both at reception and in the restaurant. Comfy room, a little compact for my liking, but functional for one night. Very clean and neat. I only had breakfast and it was fine, no problems at all. Couple of drawbacks - internet connection poor and patchy, and the gorgeous feature light in the magnificent staircase was terribly dusty - really a shame as it is beautiful. Would visit again if I needed to be in the area again

Room Tip: I suppose a front facing room would be a little noisy due to traffic
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear MaggieMeggie,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment regarding your experience at The Met Hotel. We very much appreciate all feedback from guests.

It was very pleasing to read that you enjoyed architect and character of the building – it is something that we are immensely proud of.
I will certainly contact our tech team to try and get to the bottom of your poor connection via the WIFI to ensure that this is improved upon.

I do hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back to The Met at some point in the future,

Simone Sansom

Been to The Met? Share your experiences!