“From a disabled travellers viewpoint” 3 of 5 stars

Discovery Inn Leeds
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Bishopgate Street, Leeds LS1 5DF, England   |
Ranked #50 of 89 Hotels in Leeds
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
“From a disabled travellers viewpoint”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

I am a mobility scooter user able to walk short distances ,the staff were some of the most helpful I have encountered (especially David) but beware users that cannot walk will struggle with step to some rooms, the other 14 people in my group were able bodied and had good time with no complaints Ps the Scarborough Arms next door has good food and many real ales

Room Tip: The hotel was full for our weekend book ahead for big parties
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Korean first
sheffield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

We booked this hotel because it was cheap, but when we got there we were pleasantly surprised! our room was large and the bathroom was big aswell! All clean and the bed was comfy. Easy to find as its right near the station. Would much rather stop here than the also cheap etap. Will be booking here again. :)

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor and had to use a lift then walk up some stairs, but this wasnt a hardship a...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Grenada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

this small inn, with a wonderful story (as told on the walls of the bridge corridor leading to reception) again provided me with what i required. somewhere quiet, easy on the pocket, within a comfortable walking distance of my conference, the shops, and of course the historical surrounding area, including kirkgate market, which was a delight to walk about, and admire.

my room was on the 10th floor, with not much of a view, but that did not matter, as the real stuff was outside to be encountered first-hand. staff was wonderful. good value for money. will stay again.

Room Tip: did not see any of the other rooms, but mine on the 10th floor was in the attic - it was very amusin...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

The entance to this property is located in a block that looks like it is ready for demolition or redevelopment. I could feel my heart sick as we approached it from the railway station.
Once we arrived at reception we were greeted by friendly and helpfull staff. Our room was large and the bathroom was enormous. Both were warm and clean.
This hotel is suitable as a base for those wishing to be out and about but it is not for those who want public rooms in which to relax.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Thurso, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

A decent budget hotel, which I chose due to it's location close to Leeds railway station.
Check in was very efficient and friendly. Quite confusing trying to find my room initially as the hotel used to be two separate buildings.
The strangest thing was no duvet, there were sheets and blankets on the bed. Thought everywhere had duvets these days......
Room was very clean and smart. But big problem was no hot water, which I didn't discover until I was in the shower. Rather unpleasant experience.
I was hoping for an early night due to catching an early morning train, but had to get dressed and visit reception. They were excellent at allocating me another room, and checked to make sure the water was hot. Was offered a complimentary breakfast, but I was leaving before they started serving at 7am.
Got woken about 1am by people returning to the next room, walls must be quite thin as I could tell what they were saying and recognised a Geordie accent!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Newcastle Upon Tyne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

The hotel itself is just a couple of minutes walk from the train station via a set of steps straight opposite the station entrance, which was quite handy as my partner was running late so I was left to carry the luggage. I was unsure at first as to whether I had entered through the correct door, as I walked into a small corridor with nobody around for guidance. There was a small notice on the wall saying that reception was on the 3rd floor, so I nervously entered the lift in hope that I was heading in the right direction. Upon reaching reception, I found the staff to be polite, although my booking could not be found as for some reason, for all it had been booked and confirmed in my name online, for some reason the hotel had my partners name in place of mine for all he was down as my guest. Once that was cleared up I was given a key card and told that my room was on the second floor. I re entered the lift only to find it would not move (reception did not inform me that I needed to use my key card actually in the lift!) Once getting to my floor I found my way around a bit of a rabbit warren to my room. The cleaner was still in there even though it was after 2 o clock. Whilst she was there I requested extra pillows, as the ones provided seemed a little flat, which arrived promptly without fuss. The room itself was clean and comfortable with tea and coffee making facilities ( although the uht milk was out of date by 2 weeks!) The ensuite shower and toilet were also of good standard. After meeting up with my partner, we ventured out for a drink and a meal at one of the nearby pubs and returned back to the room for the evening. It was a bit of a strange experience as we did not see any other guests and as reception was on the floor above ours, we never saw any of the staff until check out!
This was the first time I stayed at the hotel and now that I have found my bearings I will most likely be staying again. It may be helpful if the hotel could offer guests a map of their floor and give clear instructions on how to use the key card for first time guests before they enter the lift. It would also have been nice to be greeted by a doorman, rather than having to look around for notices to find out how to get to reception. All in all a good value for money, comfy but confusing hotel.

Room Tip: Dont forget to pay the £10 deposit for your tv remote control whilst you are checking in, in order t...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Grimsby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

layout of the hotel is very strange,, and people who r staying here going for a night out.. u will probabley get lost looking for your room after a few too many! its a basic hotel . but its right near the train station and not far from the nightlife so best for young people i reckon. id stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Discovery Inn Leeds? Share your experiences!