“Nice hotel in leeds city center” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #14 of 89 Hotels in Leeds
“Nice hotel in leeds city center”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Nice hotel, nice swimming pool. Small gym. Just missed the lounge club that i can find in most of the crowne plaza arround the world. They allways have a nice staff on reception. The room is fine with a new bathroom equipment and 42" tv

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
louisest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Matt Byram

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Stayed last night on a sunday reasonable price 59 poumd considering the spa great jacuzzi pool sauna an steam room very clean nice rooms fairly good location however arrived at 2pm no rooms ready was told to come back later so went shopping came back at 6 was then ready now the bed in room 209 was a big problem realy bowed in the middle felt knackered as It was if we were crawling up a hill all nite cos we kept rolling in the middle oh an room cleaners knocked 3 times to clean even tho do not disturb sign was up make what you want of this review it is as honest as can be fantastic hotel just dont stay in room 209 the bed is USELESS

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback regarding your recent stay.

Here at the Crowne Plaza Leeds we strive to provide each of our guests with the highest level of service and customer care and I deeply regret that on this occasion, we have failed to deliver this.

The feedback we receive from our valued guests enables us to target problem areas and, wherever possible, take the necessary actions to ensure problems can be avoided in the future. I will be speaking with my Housekeeping Manager with regards to your issues.

On a final note, may I once again apologise for the shortcomings experienced during your short break in Leeds.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Pros: Room was a reasonable size, staff were very friendly and polite. Pool was great and ideal for a family with young children (we used it twice and it wasn't that busy). Reasonable price for a B&B rate.

Cons: Room was slightly warm and the air con was noisy. WiFi was expensive (didn't use it).

Parking was £15/night, however they honoured the rate that Expedia stated in our confirmation email (£13/night).

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Doncaster, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Well, let me start to say this hotel is so so! But for what you pay, it isn't worth it, hence me giving it a low score. To me it's a glorified premier inn, the premier inn I stayed at in Leeds previously was better than this. Felt like I have been well and truly ripped off, and would NOT recommend anybody to stay in this hotel, due purely to the price value that I paid!!!

Granted...the hotel is clean, the beds are comfy, the staff are polite, they do order taxi's for you on request, but what I might add is this is a service offered in all the hotels I have been in previously, so a small fortune has been spent on this hotel, and what a wasted amount of money that was. The hotel isn't far from the train station...it's within walking distance, but to be honest the taxi's are so cheap you might as well jump in a taxi.

The shower was horrendous, run horribly slow, and this was the case in another room also.

Safe to say I won't be staying at this hotel, ever again, unless it's dropped in price value...I don't mind paying a small fortune for hotels that are worth it...but this one wasn't, no different from a premier inn, im my opinion, the premier inn's I have stayed in, in Leeds previously, are better in general, and better value for money. Very disappointed and feel like I have been ripped off.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

.....in this case because the last two IHG hotels at which I've stayed were the InterContinental in Sydney - with a view of the Harbour Bridge and the Opera House from our window - and the Crowne Plaza at Changi Airport - with its fascinating view of a busy runway. Whichever was the next IHG hotel at which I was to stay was going to be something of a come down after the last two stays. It's certainly not the fault of this hotel that the view from my room was of a demolition site.

There were problems that were within the hotel's control, however. Within minutes of checking-in I took the back cushion from the sofa in my bedroom to reception, so that the burn mark on it (possibly from a cigarette) was not blamed on me. When I checked out two days later the cushion had not been replaced. In daylight I could see a stain on another cushion, which should itself have been replaced.

There are some very positive points about the hotel, including the friendliness of the staff, who most unusually in such an international business seemed to be predominantly from Yorkshire. My room was of a reasonable size, well lit, with a good writing desk and a decent hanging space. The bathroom was clean and well-equipped. Tea and coffee makings are always welcome. Both Radio 3 and Radio 4 were available through the room's television.

The hotel's wifi (now free to IHG Rewards club members of any grade) was acceptable.

The breakfast was perfectly acceptable, except for the milk which seemed to have been watered down (being much thinner than the semi-skimmed milk which we normally use).

The hotel is a little way from the city centre, being a brisk 15 minute walk from Leeds station. It is a striking red brick building, I assume modelled on the mills which used to be so prevalent in West Yorkshire.

The hotel certainly deserves a Very Good rating.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Stayed here about 4 times recently and every time it has been a good experience. The hotel is well appointed and in a good central location. It is about a 10 minute, easy, walk to/from the train station. The staff on check in are great always polite, remember you and are really helpful. The rooms (I just stay in standard double bed rooms) are really nice, I have been on 2nd, 3rd and 4th floor facing in most directions. Nice big bathrooms with baths clean enough to use as a bath! Downside is the lack of mini bar, there are fridges that look like they may once have been but they are empty. Also the sheets are not the best in a hotel of this quality, they don't feel very good quality compared to a standard holiday inn I also stay at. The hotel bar is good, TV and friendly bar staff, beer is expensive at £4 per pint but in line with hotels in city centres. The food in the bar is ok, had one issue with the chicken burger not being cooked but was replaced promptly with a free drink. The restaurant (highly recommend the bed, dinner and breakfast option) was good, reasonable choice and recommend the steak with chimmichuri sauce. Room service is good as well although the pizza is very average (too burnt, no veggies and tiny bits of peppers instead of nice fresh vegetables and meat). Overall I would definitely look to use this hotel on my future visits to Leeds where possible.

Room Tip: Sign up for the IHG rewards and get free drink and/or points on checkin.