“Pleasantly Surprised” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 89 Hotels in Leeds
Bray on Thames, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on a business trip. Didn't have particular expectations but was pleasantly surprised. To the hotel's credit: a) the reception staff are very friendly b) the gym is well equipped c) room was spacious, with some nice finishing touches. Perhaps there could have been a little more information about facilities in the room. All said-n enjoyable stay, and if back in Leeds would strongly consider using again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
louisest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, July 8, 2014

Matt Byram

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Cheddar, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

One of the most enthusiastic welcomes at reception I think I've ever had...even though I'd never stayed here before! Good check in. Comfortable room with a few nice touches, that you often don't get in hotel chains like this, including a complimentary bottle of water, biscuits, a couple of mints and some aromatherapy spray/fluid for a good nights sleep (not that I needed it). Breakfast was fine. Only niggle was I couldn't get onto the free wifi. About a 15 minute walk from the centre and 10 minutes from the train station.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Having stayed here many times over the last 15 years, it is nice to see that something's haven't changed. The hotel is still quite a grand affair, just a little tired in places (nothing that a makeover wouldn't correct).

The staff were very helpful and friendly and the hotel presents everything you would expect in the Holiday Inn group.

Stayed June 2014
louisest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, July 2, 2014

Scarborough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Had a good nights stay last night.

Great location near the city centre, only about 10 mins walk to the main shopping area. The hotel has a reasonable amount of parking at £10 for an over night parking.

We had a great, warm welcome from the front desk staff, Matt & Hayley were very welcoming. Our room was not ready, but we had arrived early, which was not a problem. We left our bag and went into Leeds shopping.

We had taken the deluxe double room, which was clean and tidy but a little dated in its decor and furniture. We had chocolates and a bottle of wine in the package. I must be honest don't bother getting it, you would be better getting a bottle from the supermarket. I had to take it to reception as it was not drinkable in my opinion, and they offered a couple of drinks in the bar as an alternative.

We had a good nights sleep and well cooked breakfast. Again we got a warm welcome by the restaurant staff. On check out Matt was on duty again and made time to ask how our stay had been and time in Leeds.

Yes we would return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't get the drinks package and chocolates in your room, buy and take with you.
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that in the main you enjoyed your stay with us.

Evesham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

After a long days work I was hoping to relax in the room with some room service and good tv. Unfortunately the hotel made sure this did not happen. After getting up every 2 minutes to answer the phone or door to sort out poor wifi and having to send back my incorrect room service order 3 times I lost the will to continue. I wouldn't stay here again if it were the only hotel with rooms available in a 300 mile radius.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback regarding your recent stay.

Here at the Crowne Plaza Leeds we strive to provide each of our guests with the highest level of service and customer care and I deeply regret that on this occasion, we have failed to deliver this.

The feedback we receive from our valued guests enables us to target problem areas and, wherever possible, take the necessary actions to ensure problems can be avoided in the future.

On a final note, may I once again apologise for the shortcomings experienced during your short break in Leeds.

Dumfries
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

This was our first visit to the Crowne Plaza in Leeds and pleased to find the hotel is so central to everything in the city centre. The new Trinity Shopping Centre is just a short 10 minute walk from the hotel. We parked our car in the underground car park at the hotel which was highly recommended due to the major demolition work ongoing at a building close by causing cars left in the open to be affected by the dust. No doubt this demolition work will be concluded very shortly. The person on reception welcomed us to the hotel and after checking us in offered to recommend restaurants in the city centre if we required.
We had booked a Deluxe room for our stay and were extremely pleasantly surprised to receive an upgrade to the Compton Suite on the 6th floor. The suite was well furnished throughout and extremely comfortable. The view from our room unfortunately overlooked the demolition site and a fair bit of noise could be heard during the afternoon which lasted until 6pm and restarted at 8am the next morning.
After spending some time in the city centre and visiting the new Trinity Shopping Centre we decided to eat in the Grill Restaurant in the hotel. We were extremely surprised to find the restaurant completely empty when we entered and during our meal only one other person entered the restaurant and by 7.30 the staff had started to set some of the tables for breakfast service. The menu in the restaurant seemed extremely limited which could be the reason for the lack of guests. Meals in the first floor bar would have provided us with an alternative option.
The Grill restaurant appeared quite soulless and I feel the hotel is missing a trick by not embracing it`s potential. Would like to see it being developed into a vibrant place to eat and the first choice for guests staying at the hotel. The staff in the restaurant are extremely welcoming and obliging, especially at breakfast, and are a credit to the hotel.
Parking at the hotel is charged at a daily rate of £15 which is OK for a city centre hotel.
Overall we enjoyed our stay at the Crowne Plaza hotel and will hope to return again in the future.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I will certainly take on board your comments with regards to our restaurant.

Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

You know what you should get with a Crowne Plaza and this one doesn't let you down. You get a very warm reception when checking in and the staff are the same.Rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. Breakfast is very good as well.
Will return again

Room Tip: Go for a 6th floor suite

Matt Byram

Been to Crowne Plaza Leeds? Share your experiences!