“We use this hotel quite often...” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #12 of 89 Hotels in Leeds
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Yorkshire
“We use this hotel quite often...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

We stay in lots of hotels, most serve the purpose, some are good and occasionally we come across one that is really excellent, and this hotel is one of those. The rooms are comfortable, the food is good and the conference facilities are great too, but what really makes it are the staff. They are brilliant.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
louisest, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Leeds very soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
SHROPSHIRE UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I have reviewed this hotel before but this time it seemed even better and we took full advantage of the meals and facilities.Four family members stayed on a dinner B and B package, upgraded as a platinum member. Not booking in advance it was a little expensive but the welcome and solution to problems (all mine!) were first rate. Breakfast was fine and the evening table d'hote had more choice and muchbetter quality food than I expected. The indoor pool is good.
Having inadvertantly left my Ipod in the room safe, this was retrieved for me without fuss and returned to me safe and sound. It needn't have been and for this I am most grateful.

One of the best and would certainly stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kimberley_Bryan, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Davidius,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Leeds. I am thrilled to read that we have exceeded your expectation and delighted you made full use of the Dinner/Bed & Breakfast rate. All you kind comments will be passed onto the staff as this serves as a great motivator.

Thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

A friend and I stayed in this hotel for one night. The hotel itself was very clean, tidy and quiet. The rooms were spacious, well equipped with complimentary water bottles and again very clean. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room temperature was easily controlled. The receptionists were very helpful and did everything for us to make it a peaceful stay.
Would stay there again.

Room Tip: The standard room was excellent. Do not pay extra for breakfast as I personally did not think it was...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Kimberley_Bryan, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Christen W,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Leeds. I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our hotel clean, tidy and quiet.

Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed here on our way back from Skegness and cannot sing their praises loud enough. Checked in and the man on reception was extremely pleasant and informed me that as a Priority Club Member they had automatically upgraded me to an executive room free of charge. This is the first time this has happened without me asking! The room was excellent, well appointed, clean and everything we expected. All of our requests were dealt with quickly and without any fuss. The pool was excellent as was the breakfast the next day. All in all this is the best IHG hotel I have ever stayed in and we may just go back to Leeds just so that we can stay here again.

Room Tip: I only stayed in Executive room so cannot comment on the others.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear ScottieT7275.

Many thanks for taking the time to write such a fantastic review regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Leeds. I am thrilled to read that we have lived up to your expectations and all your kind comments have been passed onto the hotel as this will serve as a great motivator.

We look forward to welcoming you back to us very soon.

Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stayed on business. Price and quality good, glad I took B&B option, otherwise breakfast would be £13. Breakfast was ok but definitely not worth £13. Room was big and clean, complimentary water bottles in room and tea/coffee. Wifi expensive but I didn't use it. I'm a platinum priority club member but got no room upgrade. Shower was an attachment over the bath, I prefer a proper walk in one. Staff friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Richard H,

Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Leeds. I am happy that you found our prices and quality good. We do value our Priority Club guests and unfortunately on this occasion an upgrade was not possible but on your next stay if you would like to contact the hotel directly; the reception team can look into availability on that date.

We thank you again for your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here now a number of times and have never had any issues. I have always managed to get parked and find the whole hotel set up convenient. Reception staff are always really helpful as are the staff in the bar restaurant upstairs. Only negative is the charge for wifi, very expensive when many hotels are free or a lot cheaper.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear GMadcat,

Many thanks for taking the time to write your comments regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Leeds. Thank you for your loyalty and I am happy to read that we continue to provide you the same service that would be expected. I have passed on your kind comments throughout the hotel as this serves as a great motivator.

With regards to our internet; over the last few years we've invested heavily in providing our guests with super high speed, secure internet. Technically, what sets us apart is the amount of bandwidth each hotel enjoys. So, unlike a basic broadband connection, we're able to guarantee excellent speed, not just for a few of our guests, but for hundreds.

In addition we offer 24/7 technical support should you require any assistance. To make all this possible we do need to apply a sensible charge for internet use.

We value and appreciate your comments and we are currently looking at how we meet all our guests’ expectations on the quality and price of internet’.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Manchester UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Broken and unloved

We arrived at the red brick 80's style hotel, slightly on the outskirts of Leeds, yet within easy walking distance to the centre; to be greeted by a broken car park barrier prior to parking in the unsightly concrete car park. The broken barrier was a taste of things to come.

Check-in was argumentative, as I was reminded that my failure to book breakfast NOW on arrival would result in a higher charge for the same in the morning. I get sales, I like sales; it makes the world go around. Just that a "welcome how are you" would of been a little more amicable first.

Our room was reasonably well equipped, albeit a tad dated, but it was broken. The small mirrored wardrobe sliding door fell off its rail on opening, the main curtain was off its track at the end, the tea making facility had only one tea bag, the shower head was stuck on jet mode, the heating was poor and the ironing board disgusting (see photo). Really only minor things, that less than £10 and half an hour of maintenance could not of sorted out, but nobody loved the place to care. A request for a new ironing board was actioned by bringing one almost as dirty, followed by a shrug when this was pointed out.

It was 'death by a thousand cuts', as nothing major was wrong, but just too many minors.

Room had: coffee making, desk and chair, large comfy bed with lots of pillows and fresh white sheets, plasma TV, small broken wardrobe and surprisingly for Crowne Plaza no room safe.

The £10.95 discounted breakfast (OK, I eventually bought the £5 per head deal on check-in) was reasonable in terms of selection of foods, but again unloved. Half cooked sausage etc. Really friendly service by the breakfast staff however.

The hotel had a health club and pool with early / late opening hours, which was a plus.

In summary, when hotels date they slide down a gradual slope, but with no love, care and attention that slope is steep; especially in a city centre with lots of competition. I will be going elsewhere in future.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Nick_From_Manchester,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I am deeply sorry that your stay was negatively affected by the experience at check in and condition of the amenities. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades.

Once again, many thanks for your review.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Crowne Plaza Leeds? Share your experiences!