“Perfect!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Booked the Crowne Plaza as a getaway treat for my girlfriend and I and could not fault one thing! Everything was just perfect and we both thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed February 2013
Kimberley_Bryan, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Coops35,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Leeds. I am thrilled to read that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for recommending our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kimberley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I came here on a flying visit, booking at quite short notice. I arrived at about 8:30pm. The hotel has ample parking both covered and uncovered and parking up was easy. The hotel is well positioned. A Short walk down the road from the train station, about a 10-15 minute walk into the town and it is adjacent to the main dual carriageway in and out of town so access is easy if you have a car.

When I arrived there was no one at the reception desk, however a member of staff appeared quickly. I was checked in quickly by a female member of staff who had plenty of Yorkshire charm, I mean that sincerely!! As a Platinum member I was given either the choice of a free drink or a free desert. I've had better perks but also had less and If I was given a room upgrade it certainly wasn't mentioned to me so I'm somewhat sceptical about that one.

I was given a room on the 5th floor, looking out to the west side of the hotel. The room was well sized, with a decent sized desk with executive chair. Overall about average by today's modern standards. The room had all the appointments you'd expect of a Crowne Plaza, with a flat screen TV and the furniture was contemporary looking The bed and bed linen was one of the more comfortable I've ever had in a Crowne plaza and a good night sleep was had. The A/C in the room was also one of the better one's I've used, it was simple to use, simple to understand and the change in temperature was quick, I'd like more hotels to use simpler adjustments boxes like this one. I didn't make use of the hotels amenities so I cant comment on the rest, but it has a gym and pool facilities which seem to be used by locals as there so it keeps the place busy with people coming and going in the reception.

Overall I think this a well run Crowne Plaza, the staff are friendly and helpful and the room was comfortable, clean and modern. I think the room rate was very reasonable considering my relatively late booking and for what you get. My only criticism would be the parking charges. Whilst I can understand why parking is charged I find it a little cheeky to charge a reasonable premium to charge when the car park is not 'secure'. The barriers were never closed and I think if i had been more dishonest I could of got away without paying. I think if your going to charge you should offer something in return, such as some security. However that is only a small criticism and if I return to Leeds again I will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
louisest, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Leeds very soon and I can assure you that our old car parking barrier will by then have been removed and a new one will have been installed.

Kind Regards
Guest Relations Manager
Matlock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband and I visted this Crowne Plaza on Friday for 3 days (2 nights) for a premature birthday treat. This was the nicest Crowne Plaza I have stayed in. The staff were so helpful, even before I arrived communicating via email to ensure that everything was going to be 100% perfect for our visit.
We had a perfect welcome from Amy at reception, and Jodie and Adrienne at breakfast and dinner were the perfect hosts, I must mention though Matt on reception who could not offer his assistance more efficiently. They even arranged prematurely for some veggie sausages for my breakfast. Housingkeeping attended to your services within 1-2 minutes.
The icing on the cake though was in the Spirit Health Club; Adam Lunn, Personal Trainer took some of his own time to give me a short introduction to help me with my training.
We will definitely go back here again and will recommend it to all my friends and colleagues.

Room Tip: Top floor, room 620. but not some rooms facing over the front of the hotel, 620 is facing to the si...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kate H,

Many thanks for taking the time to write down your comments about your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Leeds. Thank you for all your lovely feedback regarding the hotel and your kind comments have been passed onto the staff; especially the one's you have mentioned, as this will keep motivating them to continue to provide great hotels guests love.

Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Durham UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Booked a family room for my sister in law and daughter for Pre-Christmas shopping trip. Arrived early but room was ready and we were checked in. About ten mins stroll to centre lovely clean, excellent choice for breakfast, bar a bit pricey about £7 for large glass of wine but staff were very friendly could not fault our stay and would definitely recommend this hotel. I have stayed in a few more central hotels in Leeds but this one tops the list mainly for the helpfulness of staff. I will be back again. Thank you, keep up the good work

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Kimberley_Bryan, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Liz21,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Leeds. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the staff, these will be passed onto them and will serve as a great motivator.

Many Thanks
leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I would recommend joining the Priority Rewards scheme!
I paid £20.12 on an offer, but as a member of the loyalty scheme we were upgraded to an execuive room on the 6th floor, recieved a free drink at the bar and This Works sleep product.

This is the second time we stayed here, the receptionist was the same, he is a young man who is so enthusiastic, very friendly (but not in your face). The girl behind the bar, from Liverpool, was also happy in her job - or certainly made the customers feel like she is - oh yes we also got free peanuts - the coated ones - to go with our free drink.

The room was great and the hotel is clean and fresh.

I cant fault the hotel - not had beakfast but we are going back for a couple of days in April so may try it then.

Last time - we have a Living Social voucher for Starbucks, which is just over the road - so that was nice and handy too.

It isnt right in the centre - just a 10 minute walk - only cost £4 inc tip for taxi (it was cold and wet! but can be a nice walk and also very close to the canal walks), very close to the station.

We live in Leeds! However, when there is a deal or if we are doing something special - like the theatre or a gig - it is really nice to stay here and last time it was cheaper than getting a taxi home!!

Last time was in December and it is very close to the German Markets so we had a wonderful time.

There is a really nice restaurant and it is included on the Taste card so may be worth checking out, we didnt recieve the card in time - shame!

Someone said about the price of alcohol, we had two lagers and with a 10% loyalty discount cost about £7-8 and we also had the free drink - I dont think that was dear for a hotel or for a city centre location.

Looking forward to returning in April :)

Room Tip: Join the loyalty scheme for free and you may get a free upgrade
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Leeds very soon.

Kind Regards
Guest Relations Manager
Somerset
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We only stayed one night but everyone was so friendly and helpful we would definitely go back. The rooms were spotless and the food in the restaurant was excellent. There was an issue for me due to Skype 'stealing' the hotel Wi-fi access and then not allowing me in but the hotel staff immediately resolved this for me when all I wanted to do was made them aware of the issue. The service was the best I have experienced for some time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Kimberley_Bryan, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear MichCL,

Many thanks for taking the time to write your reviews about your recent stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Leeds. I am happy to read that you found our staff friendly and helpful and that the service we provided you was great.

Thank you for recommending our hotel.

COLERAINE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed 2 nights,fri/sat and our stay was excellent.Hotel was exceptionally clean from the reception area right up to the bedrooms which in turn were spotless.Staff were so helpful.Thanks for lovely week-end.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments down regarding your recent stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Leeds. I am thrilled that we have exceeded your expectations and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kimberley

Been to Crowne Plaza Leeds? Share your experiences!