“Great day out and its free.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Royal Armouries

The Royal Armouries
Armouries Drive, Leeds LS10 1LT, England (Clarence Dock)
44 113 220 1940
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 67 Attractions in Leeds
Type: History Museums, Specialty Museums, Museums
More attraction details
Owner description: Home for the national collection of arms and armour that features five theme-galleries: War, Tournament, Self-Defense, Hunting, and arms and armour of the Orient.
Kirklees
“Great day out and its free.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I liked everything about the place, if it was in London it would have cost me an arm and a leg to take my three grandsons for a full day,
It cost nothing, which to a Yorkshireman is sweet music.

Visited April 2013

• Polish first
halifax
14 attraction reviews
“Super Day Out!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We visited this attraction for the 'Superheroes' special event and had a fantastic day out.
No admission fee but well worth the suggested donation of £3. We met Iron Man, Batman, Obi-Wan, to name a few, and my 7 year olds (and the adults) had a brilliant time.
There were a few kids activities that you could pay extra for, but they were worth the money.
The gift-shop was the only let-down for me: very well-stocked but over-priced (£27 for two sword and shield sets?!) and the café less so but still a little expensive (£19 for 3 sandwiches, 1 soup and 4 drinks, but they were very tasty) but the very low (or free if you're too tight to donate!) admission price balances it out.
Very Easy to get there, we went on the train, very nice journey.
We were there for 4 hours, but including the superhero day there was too much to take in on one day: There was so much to see and learn, we will definitely visit again.

Visited May 2013
England
15 attraction reviews
“Great day out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great for kids, watch put for free demonstrations around the museum. Beware charge for crossbow and jesters yard which could work out a dear do if a couple of kids. There is plenty to see and do around the museum that caters for all ages, there is a cafe as well as picnic areas inside and out.

Visited May 2013
Mirfield, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“fab day out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have visited the Armouries on a couple of times with friends and thought it was time i took my son, so I did do. We spent a whole afternoon there and my son remained wide eyed and open mouthed throughout. There is plenty to see and do, particularly on a first visit. Would definitley recommend it for a family trip.

Visited January 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
57 attraction reviews
“disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Just not sufficiently organised for me. I would have liked to have been taken on a chronological journey through all the presentation but the arrangement of exhibits appears somewhat hap-hazard. I'm afraid it didn't do it for me.
watty