“Fantastic visit to gaucho” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gaucho

Gaucho
21-22 Park Row | Leeds, Leeds LS1 5JF, England (Leeds City Centre)
0113 246 1777
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #69 of 1,368 Restaurants in Leeds
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Latin, Argentinean, South American
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Leeds City Centre
Description: Gaucho source the finest grass-fed beef in the world from Argentina, along with an offering of many other Argentine specialities which range from Latin American style ceviche to chorizo, Gulf de San Jorge lobster, Patagonian lamb and Argentine gambas to traditional empanadas and fine wine. We also offer the largest wine selection in the world outside of Argentina in our restaurants and guests can buy many of the wines from our wine boutique, Cavas de Gaucho on Swallow Street. With seasonally changing menus served across all of our restaurants, we also offer The Gaucho Lunch menu, either two or three courses, between Monday and Friday.
Tyne and Wear
“Fantastic visit to gaucho”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Visited on a Saturday night with a group of girlfriends. When we arrived they'd assumed that we were celebrating something special, and we were taken to the private dining room - wow what a fantastic experience. The room was lovely, and the staff so attentive to us. The staff obviously really knew their stuff and are very knowledgable about the food and drink. Food was delicious too, we all had steak, and the bread basket was gorgeous. Not a cheap night, but worth it for a special event. And if you can get it, go private dining! Thank you so much Gaucho staff for making our evening so special we enjoyed every minute.

Visited September 2013

Harrogate, Yorkshire, UK
“Good meal but not so good it justifies the price tag”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Booked a table at Gauchos based on a couple of recommendations. I was warned of the high price tag but I have always been willing to pay high prices to get great food.

The interior is a bit OTT and looks more like a Soho lap dancing joint than a high end restaurant but that is just my taste. It clearly suits some people.

The service was excellent, it does come very 'jolly hockey-stick' and the presentation of the steaks on a board is very theatrical and not really required but the waiters/waitresses were very attentive.

The food is good but that is it. The steak I had was tender, well cooked and well presented but not so much so that I felt it warranted the £40 price tag. I have had better steaks for less money.

On the whole I would go back, but there are better restaurants for much less money. The prices they charge are well into Michelin starred establishment territory but without the quality to match.

I can recommend the Lorca Voigner wine. It was an excellent tipple. Shame it cost £44.00 a bottle when I've just seen it from an online supplier for £12.95, but that pretty much sums up this establishment.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great way to celebrate a special birthday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We went for my husbands 40th birthday, I had e mailed just after making the booking and all the staff had been told it was his birthday, everyone who served us from the hostess to the waitress wished him happy birthday and they even made him a card!

The food was fabulous, yes it's not cheap but it's worth every penny, the steak was the best we had ever had! The staff come round and explain all the different cuts of steak and what may be best based on how you would like your steak cooked.

The wine list was extensive, perhaps a bit too much choice (I can't believe I am saying that) but the staff were there to help make choices.

The service was excellent, in fact this is what made the evening, the staff really could not do enough for you. Will we be back? Absolutely!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ioannou
“Meat and no substance”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Excellent meat and that's where it ends. Notice it's cooked on gas ,should be charcoal for the very best flavour pleasant surrounding ,chairs not comfy,waiters pushy ie asked if we wanted water ,I replied sparkling and proceeded to bring 2 bottles only 2 out of the 4 diners drink water.
My wife wanted a frozen margarita and he said no ,it tastes better if not frozen,fair selection of wine ,expensive side orders and then given a bill of £450 not special enough to justify the price and I don't like when they are constantly trying to sell you are in a restuarant not DFS furniture store

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
england
“Fab food but check your bill!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We ate at Gaucho on a Saturday evening whilst on a visit to leeds. I've eaten at Gauchos in London and was keen to see if it lived up to the same standards.

its a very impressive looking restaurant that's finished to a high end spec. very opulent and glamorous. Service from the table staff was very attentive, nothing was too much trouble for her. She had good knowledge of different cuts of meat and was happy to recommend.

Our food on the whole was delicious, empanadas and the side orders were fabulous, but the lobster ceviche was bland and underwhelming (to their credit they took it off the bill.....eventually), there wasn't much taste to the dish and I was expecting it to be packed with flavour, disappointing but not the end of the world!

My husbands steak dish looked and apparently tasted amazing. The chimichuri sauce was fantastic. The desert platter was lovely with a miniature choice of deserts from the menu to share.

However after the meal, the restaurant totally let itself down when we asked for the bill. When the bill arrived it was approx £100 over what we had ordered. We highlighted the issue to the staff who took the bill away for correction.....it took 3 times to get the bill to the correct Bill! There didn't seem to be any urgency to get the bill correct and they were very unconcerned that the bill was so vastly wrong in the first place.

We don't mind paying for a good meal however we do object to having items loaded onto our bill which weren't ours as well as being charged double for a bottle of wine ordered. It made us wonder how many times this could happen in an evening if people don't check their bill and it felt like it was a common occurrence due to the laid back attitude of the staff. Check your bill closely before you pay!

Would we return? Possibly as the food was good however it wouldn't be high up our list as a place to definitely return to due to the issues with the bill.

• Visited August 2013