“Fantastic Place” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
“Fantastic Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

First of all i don't really write reviews about experience in restaurants. If am not happy i normally write complaint letters. Me and my other half go out a lot and like to try new places. we heard about Divino restaurant a lot from family and friends so we decided to give a visit and we wasn't disappointed. we got really warm welcome. It was a busy restaurant and they still got us a table. Before they guide us to table the tall guy was really pleasant offers us drink at bar we was really pleased my partner had large merlot and i had glass of proseco which was served in frozen glass. We decided to go to the table to the food.one of the waiter took us to the table then presented us the early bird and special menu so we decided to order from special menu the waiter returned to us like few mintues later to take the order. We orders marinated olives. So i had deep fried crab rolls and my partner had salmon bruschetta. I followed this with delicious linguine with seafood and my partner had veal saltimbocca both absolutely delightful. We finished with dessert which we ate outside surrounded by beautiful flowers. All in all a lovely experience attention to every little detail makes it the best Italian restaurant in Leeds. We noticed on the bill an optional 10% service charge which when you consider the whole night we were more than happy to pay. We will definitely call again with family and friends!

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Par Excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

On the 23rd August 2014, I celebrated a milestone birthday with my wife at the Lincoln Aviation heritage centre and experienced the thrill of a taxy ride in an Avro Lancaster bomber, This was a lifelong ambition and I was therefore, absolutely euphoric. On the journey back to Leeds, my wife surprised me further by announcing that we were to eat at this restaurant. Always eager to please me, she confided later, that she had been concerned that I would not enjoy the meal because of my 'euphoric' Lancaster experience. On arrival, we were warmly greeted and shown to the bar. Choices from the a la carte & special menus proved somewhat difficult due to the tempting array of dishes on offer but, we eventually selected from the a la carte menu and soon after, we were shown to our table. Our starter, main and dessert were nothing less than excellent, the gap between courses was exactly to our liking and the service was absolutely impeccable. My wife's concerns were totally unfounded - indeed, the whole of the Divino experience merely added to a very rewarding - if emotional - birthday. Thank you so much to everyone at Divino's. As a very muscular Hollywood heart-throb once oh so nearly said.... "We'll be back".

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Mr”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

A lovely warm welcome and fantastic food Divino is fully deserving of the "Best Italian Restaurant" award. We ordered from the special and a la carte menu..a lamb shank and a ribeye they were cooked to perfection.
We saw they have an early bird menu so we will definitely come back to try it.

Leeds
“Bland food, poor service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

I called in to Divino a few weeks ago with a business colleague. He recommended it after seeing some favourable reviews.
The restaurant was not busy but the service was slow. The food was bland, fish cakes to start with were average and the main, rib eye steak, was overcooked.
Sides are at an extra cost and a ten per cent service charge is automatically added to the bill.
So an assumption is made that you have had good service and therefore Divinos wants ten per cent as a tip!
For all its claims, it is not the best Italian in Leeds.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Leicester
“First class!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

My husband & I dined here on Saturday evening with a friend & even before going inside the restaurant the beautiful display of flowers cascading down the roof and outside the restaurant had us impressed. Even though it was heaving with diners we were given a warm welcome & were soon seated at the bar enjoying apéritifs. Both the à la carte & specials menus offered such a tempting array of dishes, we were spoilt for choice & ended up ordering 4 starters instead of 3. The garlic mushrooms were heavenly, as was the aubergine & goat's cheese, served with delicious home-made bread. My main was the sea bream in a white wine sauce - scrumptious & my husband loved his lamb shank which fell off the bone & hardly needed any chewing. All the staff were friendly & attentive & the service was impeccable. The only disappointment was that we had no room for 3 sweets, but we did share an excellent crème brulée & a perfect tiramisu oozing with liqueur. Well done Divino on your Oliver Award for Best Italian - most definitely a well deserved accolade! We'll be back!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere