“Amazing again” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
“Amazing again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Brought our friends here last night as cannot recommend divinos enough and know that if Iam taking friends they will not be disappointed! This is my third visit and every time I go I leave feeling very satisfied. Each time I go I say will try something different but so far always have the same thing. Bruschetta Siciliana to start which is so tasty and then have linguini frutti de la mer but just with prawns only and no other seafood. The pasta is so yummie and you get plenty of big juicy prawns. Always have desert and so far tried creme brûlée, choc fudge cake and last night lemon meringue and each time the puddings were of a large size and so nice. Also must recommend the Pinot Grigio. This went down a treat last night as our party of 6 had 4 bottles. The restaurant is always busy and you can see why. Feel proud that we have such a lovely local good value restaurant which has been recognised by the oliver awards for its fabulous efforts. For 6 of us having 3 courses each, 4bottles of wine and various other alcoholic drinks it came to a reasonable £274, which to some May sound a lot however when we went to another local Italian we spent £240 and there was just 4 of us. Divinos do put a service charge of 10% however always receive such great service and love the food so Iam happy to pay. Thanks divinos and see you again soon.

Willmott22, Owner at Divino, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thankyou for your 5 star review. As very important regular customer, it is an absolute pleasure for me and my team to read all your kind comments. Also, as a Top Contributor here on the Tripadvsior website you know your onions and you know the good from the bad. I am very pleased you put us into the excellent category everytime and it is our pleasure to always make sure that every visit is as good as the last. Thankyou for bringing your friends along and introducing them to the Difference that is Divinos. Not every Italian Restaurant is the same, which is why we have been voted the Best Italian Restaurant in Yorkshire 2014 by the Oliver Awards from the Yorkshire Evening post. As our valued guest here knows, to win this highly coveted award means you have to be 5 stars in every area, which is proof that, when you want an Italian, there is only one place to go..DIVINO'S! Thakyou again for your 5 star review and we look forward to seeing you for a fourth time, with many more friends,very soon. The team at Divino.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
“spectacular”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Classy interior design, very warm and friendly atmosphere created by well mannered and pleasant staff, 100% money well spent. Would definitely recommend this restaurant to anybody who enjoys an evening of fine dining, the overall quality of the restaurant and food is immaculate.

• Visited May 2014
Willmott22, Owner at Divino, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thankyou for your 5 star review. "Spectacular" is a fabulous description of our food, restaurant and service and i am very happy that you used this as your title for your review. As a senior reviewer here on Tripadvisor, you know your restaurants and i am very pleased you appreciated the decor and fine dining that we offer. I am very pleased to read that my award winning team looked after you and you would happily recommend us to everyone reading your review. Recommendations are the life blood of every business and we are never complacent in making sure our guests have a 5 star experience, where we not only meet their expectations, but go the extra mile and exceed them. Thanks again for the 5 stars and we look forward to seeing you again very soon. The team at Divino.
Leeds, United Kingdom
“excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I find it so hard to understand how anyone can complain about Divino. I go there regularly with my family and always receive a warm welcome, good service and fantastic food. Divino deserve to be an award winning restaurant and I believe it is a very tough award to win. I advise anyone who hasn't been there to eat to try it. Ignore the bad reviews you will receive nothing but top quality service and food.

• Visited June 2014
Willmott22, Owner at Divino, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thankyou for your 5 star review. As a valued regular customer your comments are very much appreciated by me and my team. The welcome you receive at Divino is like the welcome you enjoy when you have met an old friend. We are a family run restaurant in the suburbs of Leeds and treat our regular customers like old friends. Nothing is too much trouble as we make sure their tenth visit is as enjoyable and as memorable as their first. Thankyou for mentioning our very recent award where we were voted Best Italian Restaurant in the WHOLE of Yorkshire by the mighty Oliver food critic from the Yorkshire Evening Post. You are quite right to state that it is a very hard award to win, there is so much competition in our category. We are regularly nominated in this category and this year was our year to shine as we amazed the food critic with the quality of our food and the service he or she received. I am not sure what you mean by ignore the bad reviews as the vast majority of our reviews are 4 stars or better, but i appreciate your recommendation for anyone who hasnt yet experienced our hospitality to give us a try. Thankyou again for your 5 stars and me and my team all look forward to seeing you again very soon! The team at Divino.
Altrincham, United Kingdom
“5* Quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Service was outstanding as usual. But most importantly, the food was exquisite. The swordfish was tender and full of flavour and the ingredients on the pizza tasted extremely fresh. The managers expert recommendations for our champagne and wines were also hugely beneficial as we thoroughly enjoyed the crisp and dry champagne followed by a very tasty red wine to go with our main. All-in-all a very high quality meal and I'll be returning soon!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Willmott22, Owner at Divino, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thankyou for your 5 star review. I am really pleased that my manager looked after you on the night you dined with us and his expert knowledge of our wines and champagnes helped you to really enjoy your meal. It is an example of how experienced my team are, that this type of recommendation is second nature to them. All my team are experts when it comes to the food and drinks we have on offer, so you can be assured that every one of their recommendations comes from a huge amount of knowledge of the food and wine we serve. I am really pleased you loved all our food and we all look forward to seeing you when you return very soon. Thanks again for the 5 stars. The team at Divino.
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Great food, friendly staff, excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Went to Divino following a recommendation and was aware it had been awarded the Oliver award. Menu was extensive, ordered from the specials menu and was not disappointed. Lovely food, didn't have to wait long and staff friendly and attentive. Would not hesitate to recommend.

• Visited June 2014
Willmott22, Owner at Divino, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thankyou for your 5 star review. Wheoever recommended you to visit our restuarant, please give them a BIG thankyou from me. I assume this is your first visit to us and i am also going to assume it won't be your last, which is very pleasing to me and my team. I am glad you loved the food and my team looked after you perfectly on your visit and we all look forward to seeing you back again very soon. I am especially grateful that you are following in your friends footsteps and now you are the ones recommending us! It is the best accolade we could receive and wish for when our customers tell their family and friends what a wonderful time they have had with us. I hope it won't be too long until your return. Thanks again for the 5 stars. The team at Divino.