“Nice ambiance, good steak” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Engine House Cafe

Engine House Cafe
2 Foundry Square, Holbeck, Leeds LS11 5DL, England (Holbeck)
0113 391 2980
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #196 of 1,446 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Good for: Doing business
Neighborhood: Holbeck
Shipley, United Kingdom
“Nice ambiance, good steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Pretty much echo-ing everyone else's review... The food is good. I had a feta spring roll which was nice enough and my partner raved about her steak... Sent compliments to the chef about three times. The beef is all Yorkshire and aged, which is apparently a good thing. There isn't a whole lot of veggie choice if you're not in the mood for pasta, but what I tried was pretty tasty.

The ambiance itself was nice and quite tranquil... There are nice views of some Leeds buildings and I love the general feel of Holbeck. The music did loop once while we were there, which seemed a bit odd, but we took it as our cue to depart, so no review available of the coffee or desserts.

Visited September 2013

“Yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Brilliantly tasty butternut squash and feta salad and they even boxed it up for me to take away. Slightly expensive, but saying that it was a massive portion

• Visited September 2013
Yorkshire
“Great Meal with good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Visited the Engine House for the first time on Saturday11th with two other couples. The meal was outstanding coupled with an interesting menu. Three of us had the pave steaks which were outstanding.

• Visited August 2013
Leeds, England
“Beautiful steaks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I visited the engine house on a sunny Thursday evening.
After the initial problems with booking (using a taste card) this was quickly rectified and our lovely waitress was friendly and accommodating even moving us a table outside as there were none available.
We both ordered the pave rump steaks with chips and salad, washed down with a bottle of Sauvignon. The steaks were huge and perfectly cooked. The chips, wine and salad also went down a treat!
Our bill came to £34 which is great value considering the quality of steak and wine.
Overall it was a lovely evening in a great location. Looking forward to my next visit already!

• Visited July 2013
Leeds
“Well worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We visited this cafe/restaurant early Thursday evening 1st August. I had the smoked haddock risotto which was excellent. My wife and daughter sampled the goats cheese and creamed garlic mushrooms on toasted bread. They both really enjoyed those, however, for the main course they both ordered burgers which they both agreed was a mistake (not the restaurants). It was not quite what they expected since one of the ingredients was fennel of which they are both not keen on. Personally I thought they looked and tasted fine.
I addition the ambience is excellent and so were the staff who were always on hand and very helpful. Overall an enjoyable evening, we shall return in the near future.

• Visited August 2013