“Exactly what an Italian should be!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Viva

Viva
9-11 Bridge End, Leeds LS1 7HG, England (Holbeck)
+44 113 242 0185
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #162 of 1,389 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Neighborhood: Holbeck
Description: Viva Restaurant serves authentic Italian food in a warm and intimate atmosphere. We offer hot and cold starters, a wide variety of pasta dishes, delicious main courses, and a great selection of pizzas. We are situated in the centre of Leeds, 300 yards from the Leeds Corn Exchange 10 minutes' walk from Leeds Bus and coach station and 10 minutes' walk from Leeds main train station.
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Exactly what an Italian should be!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Aaron the Head Chef id Greek Cypriote, not Italian, Zen the waiter is Albainian not Italian and this Restaurant is situated in Leeds and not Italy but it does not stop it being one of the best Italian restaurants outside Italy that I have ever been to.
Its exactly what you want from an Italian restaurant, relaxed atmosphere and delicious food in an intermit setting.
We ordered off menu which isn't an Issue for the very talented head chef and he made us delicious vegetarian calzones, with perfectly sautéed vegetables (artichoke, broccoli, green beans and spinach). Served with a simple yet tasty tomatoe & basil sauce. Fresh (not dried) parmesan optional.
As with any good Mediterranean place they made a huge fuss of my 6 year old daughter and we received as good a welcome as anywhere (despite not going in for 2 years).
Viva has stolen the crown from Salvos and is now Leeds BEST Italian.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

York, United Kingdom
“Italian food to die for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

We visited Leeds last night for a special birthday and was staying at the hotel opposite. We looked on here for an Italian restaurant nearby and this is literally across the road. From the second we walked in the door we were greeted with a warm Italian welcome by the owner. The food, in my opinion was the best authentic Italian food I have ever had. The service and staff had the best balance of service that made me happy. If you are looking for amazing rustic Italian food that is not too pricey with excellent service, you can't go wrong with this gem.

“Fab!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Lovely food, good service, great atmosphere! The best Italian in Leeds, in our opinion. Maybe even the best ( reasonably priced ish- depending on your income) place to eat in Leeds!

Visited February 2014
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“I've got mixed feelings about this place.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

It's such a tiny place so there's no privacy there. However, if you like being close with people (and I mean VERY close) this is the place for you. I didn't feel exactly comfortable with the staff. Yes, they were absolutely friendly, funny and polite but overly attached. It felt a bit like they were socialising us with other guests. Again, nice and welcoming but at that moment we just wanted to be there on our own with my other half. We ended up chatting to people sitting next to us. Yes, it was nice and friendly, but not exactly what I expected from 1 on 1 date :)

Food was good. Really, really tasty. Nothing like cheap pasta with shop-bought tomato sauce that some restaurants dare to call "spaghetti bolognese". It was a real thing. I especially recommend garlic mushrooms to start. I expected them to be just like from take-aways, but no! A mix of wild mushrooms in a creamy cause, yummy. I'd took two portions of them if I knew :)

However, I am unlikely to come again. Why? Prices. Well over 70 pounds for the dinner for two and two pints? Seriously? Yes, it was good but not that good!

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
nottingham
“Best Italian in Leeds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Love this place, food is always exceptional. Vito and Roberto always make you feel so welcome, appetiser on offer and then a great mix of pasta, pizza and meat dishes. The carbonara and Pizza Salmone are particular favourites but every dish a winner!

• Visited April 2014