I've stopped in Roomzzz many times since their recent opening.(The group is about 5 years old).
On my last visit, commencing 17th Dec. 2012 I had an electric shock from an appliance in Room 207, Swingate, Leeds.
I was staying with my elderly mother. I rang reception about this, who giggled down the phone. Within minutes head office rang the room. Later, electricians came around, said there was a earth leakage, and the PAT safety stickers are out of date. (have photos) Head office rang in the guise of 'customer care' & offered to move us.
This was declined as it was our last night, and my mother is in her late 70s, I informed them that I previously asked the electricians to isolate the kitchen circuit, so we were safe.
On checking out next morning at checkout, the desk 'accidentally' gave me my invoice with the incorrect room number.
On my return home, Roomzzz Head,Mark Walton, wrote to me to say 'Electricians have attended, and reported back no fault on hob or dishwasher'- Untrue, so I contacted Leeds City Council Environmental about my concerns.
They advised me that because the shock gave no physical injury, all they could do was advise me not to take the case further, but they have since contacted the hotel.
My mother has also since contacted the hotel, in tears, and is still traumatised by the whole event almost 1 year on.
I have also sent a letter by 'signed for' post to Roomzzz that was declined, and returned, unopened.
There has been no claim for compensation by us.
Please check green PAT stickers on each appliance are in date.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you for your feedback. We are aware of your stay in December 2012 and take all your concerns seriously. Unfortunately the events described are not consistent with certain facts. You were visiting your mother and we have been in communication with you at the time and your mother and sent all necessary documentation. It was only on receipt of your communication did we send all our documentation.
We take the safety and security of guests very seriously and have considered all your queries very carefully at the time before making a decision. These decisions were not taken lightly. Independent tests were carried out by the electrical contractor and an approved appliance contractor who provided all documentary evidence that we sent to you.
We also discussed this with a representative of the council who was satisfied with our documentation and PAT certificates and findings. This is contrary to your comments. We welcome any scrutiny of the same should this be necessary. Where stickers are missing or washed off as a result of the nature of the equipment and their proximity to daily cleaning schedules a detailed certificate is always available on site.
We aim to operate very responsibly and take serious note of your comments as we have done at the time. Once again we welcome any scrutiny to reassure our guests of the proactive checks and thorough approach we take as an organisation towards the safety and security of all our guests. Feedback available reassures us of our commitment to guest comfort and safety and we continue to focus our efforts in this direction.
Thank you for your feedback.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.