“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

3 St Peter's Square, Leeds LS9 8AH, England
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Kendells Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 1,368 Restaurants in Leeds
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Everything was just perfect!
Do remember to book a table, otherwise you possibly do not have the chance to enjoy the food in one of the best restaurants I ever have been in England!

The staff takes care about everything, they take and give you your coat, they even going to open you the door if you leave!

The food was really good and worth to pay a bit more then you usually do in England!
You get the quality and the service for your money!

The only critic I have is, that the menue was written on a large table and you do not have a menue card, which would be less confusing, if you have so much choices like you have here!

Leeds, United Kingdom
“A fantastic experience with top notch service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

I took my mum here as part of her birthday treat before going to the theatre. I had booked the table online and mentioned that it was my mums birthday and also that I needed a table on the outside as I struggle to hear in noises restaurants. From the moment we walked into the restaurant until we left the service we had was excellent and very special. The maître-d asked us if we were attending the theatre and said she would have us out by 7.15, if that suited us- perfect!

The table was perfect in a nice quiet corner. They remembered it was my mums birthday and wished her a happy birthday and gave us both a complimentary glass of bubbly. A very nice touch and a lovely surprise. A basket of Warm bread was brought to the table while we were given time to study the blackboard menu.

We both chose of the set menu which is great value at £19.95 for 3 courses or as we couldn't manage a desert we had 2 courses for £17.95. There's plenty to choice from, about 6 different starters and mains. I selected the salmon and followed that with the steak and garlic mash. I asked for the steak rare and that's exactly how it came, the sauce was very tasty and the mash delicious.

My mum had the goats cheese tart and the lamb. The lamb was pink and I have to say it was the tasty lamb I've had in a long time.

Finally, I'd like to thank the staff for treating my mum so well and for the petit fours which again were a very pleasant and tasty surprise. My mum was raving about the restaurant All the way home as will I be to anyone who will listen.

I'm already planning my next visit for my birthday on the 15th just so I can have the lamb this time.

Just one final point, not only is the food and service excellent there is a really nice atmosphere in the restaurant.

Visited January 2014
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Exceeded my expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

Took my girlfriend here for dinner last night to celebrate her birthday. Had to leave a message on the answerphone when booking as no answer the previous evening but was called back and no problems booking. French cuisine would not have been my first, second or third choice but my girlfriend chose to celebrate here as she has been several times previously and enjoyed the experience. On arrival staff were attentive, wishing happy birthday and providing a complimentary glass of sparkling wine each. The days menu was displayed across several large blackboards. I have seen in previous reviews that some people have a problem with this arrangement, I can't say it posed any problems for a party of just two and found it rather quirky. For a Tuesday evening in January the place was reassuringly busy and the atmosphere was good. The good was very tasty and I found our choice of dishes were generous in quantity. Total cost of two starters, two mains, a bottle of wine and additional drinks was just shy of £70 which was good value. All the staff who waited on us were particularly polite and helpful.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Wonderful dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

This is my favourite restaurant in Leeds. I had been to see the Strictly Live Tour prior to the meal as it was a birthday treat for my Mum and I can honestly say it was a-ma-zing. The service and food is fantastic. The black pudding was beautiful and is like no other black pudding I have tasted before, so soft and creamy, fantastic. The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly and I cannot recommend it enough. If you have never been, go, it is a very special place to dine and a hidden treasure. Keep going, you are all doing a fantastic job!

Luton, United Kingdom
“Thursday Evening A Great Dinner!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Four of us were in Leeds for a few days and we fancied a French Meal so booked in at Kendells Bistro.
We arrived to a very warm and friendly greeting and were shown to our table straight away.The whole Restaurant was lit by candles, candleabras on every table and it was buzzing. Most of the tables were taken and people were still arriving through the evening. The waiting staff were prompt, smiley, knowledgeable and couldn't do enough for you. The food was excellent. We all had delicious piping hot beautifully presented food which we felt was at a very reasonable price. A good selection of house and other label wines, you do have to go and choose your meal from a blackboard however, which means standing very close to peoples tables, which we felt was a bit of a shame. As seems to be "the norm" these days with most places, it was extremely noisy so not sure about a romantic feel for this place.
However, this did not detract from a very enjoyable evening. Would go again.