“MIDDLE OF THE ROAD” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Nando's - Leeds (Briggate)

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Nando's - Leeds (Briggate)
152-154 Briggate, Leeds LS1 8BR, England (Leeds City Centre)
+44 (0)113 242 7736
Neighborhood: Leeds City Centre
Haddington, United Kingdom
“MIDDLE OF THE ROAD”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Dined at Nando's due to the insistence of our grandsons when were staying at the Crowne Plaza, Leeds. Service was pretty slow, the food fair but I guess you shouldn't expect much else from a chain. They call it Portuguese cuisine but having worked in Portugal I can tell you there is more to that country's cuisine than piri piri. Probably wouldn't go there again unless we are pestered to. However, watching the antics of very pissed and scantly dressed lassies tottering around outside on the pavement was probably worth the cost of the meal. Hilarious and it was freezing cold to boot!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

40% Recommend
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Food nice as usual but Staff pretty grumpy.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My fiance and I recently visited Nando's in Briggate Leeds for an evening meal. We arrived about 10 minutes before our friends and the hostess wanted to seat us on a small table (2 person) which we declined, as we were expecting at least 1 more person. When our friends (2 of them) arrived we had been seated on a table right in the window downstairs. On going upstairs to toilets (on the third floor) I noted a large amount of tables available up there.

We were served within 30 mins of ordering, Food as always with nando's was nice and came as requested. The staff all seemed pretty miserable and had no smiles for customers which was a bit uncomfortable. We paid £22 for two pitta bread/chicken fillets which is a bit steep, so I would have liked a little more service/smiles from the staff, but aside from that food was good.

Probably wouldnt go to that particular one again and my fiance has told me he will never go to Nando's again, he hated it.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Luton, United Kingdom
“Good But Slow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I'm working in Leeds at the moment so needed somewhere I could go on my own, (and quick), so decided on Nandos last week.
The service was very slow, although it was very busy.
The food was very tasty, (and spicy which I like). I think the prices are very high for what you get, but there you go.
Would visit again, (but not when it is busy).

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lunch in Leeds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My Grand-daughter and I went to Leeds to do birthday shopping last week.Jess suggested that we go to Nando's for lunch as I have never been in any Nando's though she goes frequently with her friends.The service was excelent and the staff were very attentive and pleasant.I had a salad with Chicken which was very good fresh and tasty.I also had a glass of house wine which was very nice.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“mmmmmm"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I've tried quiet a few of the Nandos restaurants all over the place and I so do not understand all the hype and rave review it gets, I could get much better value for money else where. Didn't enjoy.

Visited January 2012