“Excellent Service & Food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pizza Express - Leeds, Park Square

Pizza Express - Leeds, Park Square
Park House, Park Square West, Leeds LS1 2PS, England (Leeds City Centre)
0113 244 5858
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Leeds City Centre
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Excellent Service & Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Having had an extremely bad experience in one of their restaurants in London I was very apprehensive to try it again. However, I am pleased I was talked into it by my granddaughter! The Sloppy Guiseppe Pizza with extra cheese was really tasty. They also went the extra mile for my fussy eater granddaughter. The place was clean, staff extremely efficient & friendly

Visited May 2014

Zaragoza, Spain
“Great experience for quick meal!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We tried this place for a quick meal. It was clean and functional. I did not pick the pizza so I cannot mention specifically which one we did order but it tasted good. The service was excellent.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Odd place...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Went for mother's day lunch and pre booked online. When we arrived the place was empty and we told the waiter we had booked and he didn't take our names because he couldn't care less. He gave us a standard menu despite us booking the celebration package (3 courses plus drink £17.95). So I asked him about it and also mentioned that we were paying with tesco vouchers and was told quite bluntly that could not be done.
We ordered tomatoe & mozzarella salad. The tomatoes were rock hard and tasteless. We complained and was told that PizzaExpress was SALT FREE! This is barmy. No chef worth his salt would ever endorse such a crazy policy. Apart from the fact that salt is a flavour enhancer, salad means salted. If there is no salt you can NOT call it salad! I think trading standards would have something to say about this.
The waiter just shrugged, He did offer to take them off the bill My daughter had dough balls and she loved them.
The waiter didn't ask if she wanted a drink and I was unsure when she would get her milk that came with the children's menu so I had ask him to bring an orange juice for her.
Then we had the main course. My daughter was ordered a pasta beef bolognase, which was very bland and had hardly any meat. She left most of it. It was also served without a folk making it difficult to eat and was just given a teaspoon.
We had a romana il padrino (chicken pizza) and a Pomodoro pesto romana (pesto pizza) . These were expensive £12.30 & £9.95 compared to some of the good Italian restaurants we have in Leeds such as Salvos.
They tasted nice but could have been better. The main problem was the knives were blunt as were the pizza wheels that were served with them. So it made eating them difficult. The man at the next table was ripping bits of pizza off with his fingers.
Then we had deserts a very small serving of apple & rhubarb crumble. When I ordered them the waiter said he wasnt sure if he had any in the freezer - which was a little disconcerting. They were served without folks, or additional napkins. My daughter ordered a choc brownie that had come out of the fridge rock hard so I had to bash it about a bit so she could eat it. She was very pleased with the strawberry on top, but wanted more fruit. There was only choc brownie, choc fudge cake or ice cream on the menu for her. No fruit - which is rather unhealthy.
During the meal my daughter showed her picture to the waiter and he said yeah thats good and walked off without looking. Also the manager turned up half way through the meal and kept pacing up and down which was very off putting. My old lady friend commented that he made her feel like she had done something wrong.
Also the manager took the adults dessert plates away and left my daughters - another no no. You wait until all the people have finished eating before clearing plates that's just basic good manners.
When I got the bill it was £46.65 (3 soft drinks only), if we had have paid for the so called salads it would have been £56.45 which is extortionate for what we got.
I gave some feed back to the manager who just talked about himself saying that is his style of managing a restaurant and he was unaware of the meaning of salad and said he would feed it back to the food team. No apologies. There were £40 in vouchers yet they only deducted £39.15. What is the point of ripping me off for 85p?
This restaurant lacked atmosphere, had disinterested staff, no concept of table manners and rather bland food.
I should have realised that a virtually empty restaurant on mothers day said it all...

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great with Voucher codes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We had a voucher code for a lunch meal, we had a starter to share 'Dough balls doppio', then for mains we had a Pizza, the choice isn't vast but I settled for Pollo Ad Astra whilst my friend ordered the Etna. It was strange when the dough balls arrived, they come with the dips seperate, the Garlic butter was in a dish, kind of like do it yourself (To be honest this seems quite lazy, although this allows you to control the amount of dip you have on the balls), the mains were great, very fresh pizza dough, good amount of topping. As we had a voucher code, this was one lunch we enjoyed. will defo be returning albeit with a code. thumbs up.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cleckheaton, United Kingdom
“What you see, is what you get”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I've been here twice now with various voucher codes.

Food is good if not great (it is a chain after all) and service is very good. Drinks and extras are expensive and can quickly add up. We used a 2 courses for £10 voucher but after 3 courses, a side salad and a bottle of wine the bill was £55 for 2 - not cheap.

I like the location with an 'after work drinks' kind of feel to it.

Worth a visit but get a voucher 1st..

• Visited February 2014