“Wow! Can't wait to return!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #30 of 1,368 Restaurants in Leeds
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: British, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Situated within the bustling village of Sherburn in Elmet sits The Bon. A family run restaurant mixing traditional values with modern ideas, creating a warm and friendly fine dining experience.
“Wow! Can't wait to return!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

After reading the reviews on here about the Bon, I had to give it a try for myself. I booked a table for two for Sunday lunch and was not disappointed!! How this isn't number 1 on trip advisor I do not know cause nothing comes close. We were greeted by a charming host and sipped on a lovely house red in front of the open fire ( it doesn't get better than this on a cold Sunday without the kids!) we chose the 2 course Sunday lunch and what can I say, I have never tasted anything of this quality before and can't wait to taste the rest of the menu! The staff were superb and well mannered, nothing was too much trouble, the desserts looked out of this world! All I can say is Wow and I have already booked to go again!!

ShaunatTheBon, Owner at The Bon Restaurant & Wine Bar, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Fantastic review ! Thank you so much for taking the time to write. We are all very pleased you enjoyed your lunch with us and we look forward to your next visit

Castleford, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My first time at this restaurant, certainly not my last!
From walking in the door a great relaxed atmosphere, friendly and effecient service, and a log fire.

Starter, main meal and desert out of this world, best meal I've ever had loved every bit of it. So many flavours in one night.

Definitely going back

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Great review, thank you very much for taking the time to write. We are all very pleased you enjoyed your first visit to The Bon and by the sound of it we will see you again quite soon

Looking forward to it

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Definately Better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The restaurant hasn't changed its physical appearance but the food (very tasty and large portions) , the service ( 2 very good ladies when we went) , and the value for money were excellent. We look forward to returning.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your excellent review. We are all really pleased you think we have improved what was already a very reputable restaurant. Looking forward to your next visit when I think you may notice a difference in the physical appearance.

See you then

Tervuren, Belgium
“Marvelous food! Good find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Joining a family celebration, having flown in from the USA overnight I was tired. The 45 minute journey time seemed excessive but how wrong was I. Excellent food, very well presented and with a wine list which showed someone actually new what good wine tastes like, irrespective of the label. I was impressed. So if you are in the area this is worth a try. Staff are friendly enough but a little slapdash. I would have appreciated being offered the opportunity to taste the wine rather than it being dumped on the table but a little bit of training could remedy all this. So well done to the Bon. I would return and a good cure for my jet lag!

Thank you for your excellent review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your first visit to The Bon. I'm not sure what happened with the wine as we do normally offer a taste before pouring. The mistake doesn't sound like it spoiled your night and we also look forward to your next visit.

Once again thank you

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Early bird dinner for two - superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Went for the early bird menu on a Friday evening on a night out, and was not disappointed. Superb food, and a great price. Top quality welcome with attentive service throughout the whole evening from start to finish. We both had the mackerel starter, which was cooked really to perfection and presented with great class. Then we had the pork and lamb. I tasted both. The lamb was the best I have tasted for years. Simple as that. The pork was also brilliant, complemented with some beautiful flavourings in the sauce and cabbage salad.

This restaurant is a bit out of the way, but once you get sat down upstairs you will love it. We will be back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
ShaunatTheBon, Owner at The Bon Restaurant & Wine Bar, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Marvelous ! Thank you for your excellent review. Chef will be pleased, he likes a food mention. We look forward to seeing you again soon