“Excellent Sunday lunch, good service and accommodating hosts.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #30 of 1,368 Restaurants in Leeds
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: British, Contemporary
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Doing business
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Situated within the bustling village of Sherburn in Elmet sits The Bon. A family run restaurant mixing traditional values with modern ideas, creating a warm and friendly fine dining experience.
England
“Excellent Sunday lunch, good service and accommodating hosts.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Just returned from a superb Sunday lunch at The Bon. Very accommodating hosts,and staff.Relaxing lounge area to chill prior to eating.
For starters we had delicious mussels and chorizo ,the cream sauce was a delight.Also pâté and chutney was brill.Followed by 4 delicious roast beef,a good selection of veg,with an oversize Yorkshire pudding.
The desert trolley was to die for(is there not a magical calorie free one?)We all shared 2deserts between the 4 of us.Followed by coffee.
Brilliant food Shaun and Pam. ,thanks. See you soon
Carol and Ray

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
ShaunatTheBon, Owner at The Bon Restaurant & Wine Bar, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you Carol for another excellent review.
Its always a pleasure to see you guys and nice to sit and have a drink with you in the bar.
We are looking forward to your next visit before Christmas

Regards

“anniversairy dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Me partner and I went to Le Bon for our anniversairy. The service was friendly and the girls were really attentive and provided a very relaxed dining experience. The food was beautifully presented and cooked to perfection. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed the night that was a surprise dinner to Le Bon.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your excellent review and we are so pleased you enjoyed your surprise visit

Hope to see you again soon

Sherburn in Elmet, England, United Kingdom
“Bad customer experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Very rude, met by a young lady behind the bar who proceeded to answer the phone whilst I was talking to her about a booking, that call was obviously that call was far more important than me.

• Visited November 2012
ShaunatTheBon, Owner at The Bon Restaurant & Wine Bar, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
A bit frustrating this one !!

Ok, in your opinion, you had a bad experience but do we really deserve a poor review on here for it ?

Thursday 8th November - Basically, whilst serving drinks to customers, dealing with your enquiry for a table for Saturday night, B also answered the phone. This you saw as rude and disrespectful and you chose to leave in disgust

This review was written in frustration on Thursday the 8th November (but it didn't appear until Wednesday 14th),I was made aware of the incident and rang the guy on Friday the 9th, apologised and offered him a table for a very busy Saturday the 10th. He came on the Saturday, again I apologised for the upset, he dined, enjoyed, shook my hand and said the incident was forgotten.

Wednesday 14th November - this review appears, I rang the man again for an explanation and he told me about writing it prior to his visit, which he thoroughly enjoyed and he told me he would remove this damaging review...........but he hasn't

We were at No.1 at the time, today we dropped to No.5.......simply because of this review

May I add - We do not employ rude people at The Bon

TRIP ADVISOR - is this a true reflection of our restaurant ?

READERS - Make your own mind up

Shaun
Leeds, UK
“Absolutely excellent in every way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My wife and I live about 5 miles from this restaurant and haven't been here for some years - not sure why. I know it was taken over some years ago and we ate there last Friday, with a friend. Sherburn is a funny town centre, and feels quite seedy, but this place is anything but. Parking is easy as there are a couple of small car parks right outside. The building is really old. I had to stoop to get through the fdront door which doesn't happen often. Excellent staff, good menu choice, decent wine list. The bar.lounge area is quite small, but well decorated. We were a bit cold but it was a freezing night. You eat upstairs, so bear that in mind if you have infirm people in your party. Lovely eating area, light and airy, well decorated with pleasant touches. I had Venison stater which was stupendous, Then a pleasant sorbet followed by lamb shoulder and rack for mains. Desserts come on a trolley and the choice and quality was unbelievable. Our favourite was a brandy snap basket which was VERY large!

Their pricing policy is £35 for 4 courses which is incredible value for money. The total bill was approximately £50 a head including 2 bottles of wine. There is an early bird option which I will try next time.

The waitresses told us they saw Truffles in Kippax as their main competitor which I initially felt was ambitious but after a fantastic meal which I couldn't fault in any way, I agree that they are truly 5 star.

Visited November 2012
Brilliant review !! Thank you so much for writing your kind words, it really means a lot to all concerned.

Very pleased with your comparisons too

Hope to welcome you again soon

“poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Upon arrival we found we had an extra guest so informed the lady owner / manageress where she proceeded to tell us how much trouble this would cause her as she had already dealt with two other parties with the same problem which did not concern or interest us and she should not have been explaining these facts too us.She went on to say the table was already set for us but she proceeded to set the extra place so why not just smile and set the place without a fuss as anyone with customer service skills would know we ordered our food and the late arrival ordered a jug of water which he asked for twice and it duly arrived 20 mins later the same happened to another member of the party with a glass of coke had to ask twice the yorkshire puddings were fridge cold and the beef was very chewy good job it was thin the rest of the veg and the potatoes were just average pub food having sat for 30 mins after the main lunch its was left to us to try grab the waitresses attention to ask for dessert which were fine apart from the brandy snap which was so thick you would have required a sledge hammer to make snap the prices being charged i expected far better service and quality of food on a final note upon booking the lunch we asked for two high chairs which we were told was not a problem on arriving its seemed to be so as the restaurant only had one the young girls were very pleasant the venue its self is very nice its a shame the food and service do not compliment the venue having eaten there in the past and finding it good maybe they just had a bad day

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
I am sorry to hear of your bad Sunday Lunch experience with us. I have asked all staff members and no one seems to recall any of the actions you mention, maybe you chose not to say anything on the day. If this is the case, its a real shame as we do try to correct any problems rather than reading about them here.
I also note you have dined with us before and enjoyed, again its a shame you didn't choose to compliment us here when we got it right, never mind.

If you do decide to try us again, please make yourself known to me at the bar and I will be happy to discuss your experience in further detail

Regards