“An absolute haven!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ashmount Country House

You added Ashmount Country House to your Saves list
Ashmount Country House
5.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Mytholmes Lane, Haworth, Keighley BD22 8EZ, England   |
Special Price
Dine & receive 20% off
Ranked #9 of 21 Haworth B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
York, United Kingdom
“An absolute haven!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This hotel is a real gem. The accommodation was lovely. The breakfast one of the nicest we have eaten in a long time. The staff couldn't have been more helpful. The location was ideal to explore Haworth. We will definitely return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Lancashire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed in the 'Serenity Spa' at Ashmount for a short get away for my husband's birthday. It was amazing! The staff are professional and friendly, the accommodation with the hot tub etc made our stay a dream. Our evening meal was excellent too. If you're looking for accommodation with period features and where they ' pull out all the stops '...look no further. Many thanks to the staff who made it such a pleasure and look forward to staying with you again.

Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Just back from spending my birthday at the Ashmount. A beautiful and very homely country house with the most amazing backdrop of Yorkshire countryside. Wayne and Claire were great hosts, my room was gorgeous with a huge four poster bed and delicious home-made biscuits, not to mention the most spacious shower I have ever seen!!

There are some lovely quaint shops and pubs just a 5 minute walk away in the village and some incredible views.

We stayed at the hotel in the evening and made use of the lounge room, where we had a great evening chatting with other guests in an environment that felt like home. Very comfortable, cosy and welcoming.

The breakfast was the perfect end to our visit and filled us up sufficiently for our journey. The black pudding here is second to none.

All in all, a great stay at a warm and welcoming home from home, with luxuries you only dream of having all year round. I would definitely recommend everyone tries this place at least once. I will most certainly be going back for more very soon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stayed this week in the Sweet Dreams room as an upgrade to one of the Four Poster rooms this decision was made on the superb copper tub and stunning views however ALL the rooms are fantastic.The Host and hostess are a credit to the hotel very warm and friendly, Food both on the evening and at Breakfast was superb. Thank you for a wonderfull experience. Mark W. :-}

Room Tip: All rooms are stunning
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed here for 1 night as a single person on a business trip - a strange choice but a good price as booked through Late Rooms. What a beautiful place! I was greeted on arrival and shown around, then taken to my gorgeous room - the heating had been put on in readiness for my arrival (which after an hour's drive in the rain was very welcome).

The room was perfect, the bathroom spotless and those little extras made me feel that this was indeed a great hotel - home-made shortbreads and complimentary Sherry in your room - very nice indeed.

There was no formal bar area but an honesty bar - in a very comfortable lounge area complete with open fire.

I chose not to eat at the hotel - the only reason being I had a budget and I was alone......it does seem a romantic getaway hotel rather than for the 1 night one traveller like myself! And the dinner finished at 8pm, which for me was too early.

I have one tiny gripe.....I would have loved to have stayed for breakfast as I am sure it would have been amazing - but this was only served from 8.30am - and I needed to be on the road for 7.30am. I couldn't even order a breakfast hamper as these were also only served from 8.30am. I am sure that had I asked the staff could have arranged something for me for earlier than 8.30am, but as I was too comfy in my amazing bed during the evening to even move !

I would go again - and take my other half!!

Great hotel.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Dispensary - lovely room overlooking the hills to the front - I sadly didn't see...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Barnsley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

stayed last night in the secret garden room, hotel immaculate and hosts very welcoming, room was fantastice with everything you could have wanted plus a bit more. Hot tub clean and welcoming and a great nights sleep... faultless apart from we didnt surface in time for breakfast! :-)

Thanks for a great stay - mark byram

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

had a very nice weekend break. The evening meal was lovely and the staff are very friendly. Ashmount house sits a row of other houses and has extensive land and great views to the rear which is set back from the road side. There's some very nice pubs in the village. We stayed in number 21 the hide away spar. It's nice and comfortable whirlpool bath, hot tub and shower. The hot tub is in doors so spot on given the heavy rain while we were there. For and extra £10 it was well worth getting breakfast in bed. All in all a very nice hotel. Some of the paint work in the room could do with a touch up which is the only reason why I've not given this hotel 5 stars.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Ashmount Country House? Share your experiences!