“Amazing....” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Amazing....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

I recently visited Chino Thai for my daughters birthday meal. The service we received was excellent, the staff were really friendly and very helpful, again! It was good to see the dishes' temperature being checked and the buffet area being cleaned - unlike Buffet @ Bradford!! There was a good variety of food for a fantastic price. Not got a bad word to say about this restaurant, fab! Defo visiting again soon.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Bradford, United Kingdom
“Bring back old Chino..”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

The last time i went to ChinoThai was before the buffet moved upstairs. I use to love this restaurant because of their authentic chinese food and friendly service. The manager is also friendly and this hasn't changed.
First of all the service. Compared to my past visit this has changed, basing this on my personal view, i dont like people watching over you while you eat. I just didn't like the fact that the waiter that was there last time kept wondering round every minute. I know it's their job to clear the plates and clear it quickly but you should also give people chance to eat & finish what they're eating. The set up of the restaurant is not really convinient for a buffet, which i think suits more formal ala carte menu, which it was meant to be.
The quality of the food is still tasty for me but the quality and variety is just not the same anymore, which is ashame :(
They use to have an array of ingredients such as prawns, mussels etc. even during lunch buffet but they've seem to have stopped this. The soup I've recently had was tom yum soup which was nice but i prefer the hot&sour soup. The meat was also a bit dry such as the pork ribs and chicken, which may be due to the heat with the food not being checked every so often or replaced. I really do wish they put the prawns back on the menu and serve more variety again.
The atmosphere is still great and relaxing and a great place to socialize with friends.
Overall, i guess i've only given this restaurant a 2/5 this time due to the changes they've made. If these changes were made i really think people would adore chinothai all over again as i adored it back then.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Holmfirth, England, United Kingdom
“Rude and in-competent staff, poor service and food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

Visited Chino Thai on Saturday night as two couples prior to a show at St Georges Hall in Bradford.
The restaurant didnt seem busy when we walked upstairs and whilst the greeting was prompt this is where the problems started !!
We decided to go al la carte once we had a quick look at the buffet that was available as it didnt look too good. They chose to sit us in the buffet side of the restaurant, this wasnt a problem because we didnt know there was a divide.
Drink orders taken very quickly but then took about 15 mins to arrive with the wrong drinks.
Had to ask for the food order to be taken, had to ask where the starters where, they took approx 40 mins, had to ask twice for the main course which took 30 mins to arrive cold at the table which they hadnt cleared from the starters. The service here is very poor with young staff not even knowing what the different dishes are when they are brought to the table and the food was cold. Drinks came to the table when we asked if we could order, they were wrong on three occasions, nobody cared at all. The management are rude and dont deserve to take your money, this place needs shutting down. In a recession when money is not as free flowing as it once was, these people dont deserve a business that offers a service that you pay for. Never ever again and you shouldnt either.

• Visited November 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Bradford, England, United Kingdom
“Rude and discriminatory staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

My friends and I visited during the lunch buffet. I mentioned that I would not be eating since I had eaten prior. Upon leaving I will still charged for a meal. When I discussed this with the manager, she said that 'I have never said anything' and asked me 'if I spoke English' (English is my first language, but that's beside the point). She refused to refund my meal. Not only was she horribly rude and offensive, but my friends said the food was mediocre at best. My friends and I will NEVER be returning here again.

• Visited November 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Peterborough
“Upstairs Downstairs – Buffet moves upstairs, food quality goes down”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

I don’t think I’ve ever written a negative review so this is a first.
This is my second review of Chino Thai, the previous reviewed the a la carte, this one is on the buffet.
Unfortunately since their refurbishment the buffet as suffered in the same way as the a la carte (see previous review).
The buffet has now moved upstairs to the more plush restaurant, shared with a la carte dinners.
Ok here are my comments:
• Price is still the same, but there are less dishes! The web site states over 50, I highly doubt this (based on the evening I attended) and fear it relates to the time the buffet was downstairs
• Unlike “pre-refurb” there was no cook to order chef (guaranteed fresh food)
• Food was dry (over heat lamp exposure) and sauces had skin (apparent lack of turn-over of food)
• I counted at least 6 empty bowls in the buffet selection and 2 in the salad area (not sufficient attention by waiting staff)
• My empty bowls with food remnants were never cleared away from my table, a first in my experience of an “all you can eat”

When I went to pay I was asked the normal “was everything ok”, on expressing my disappointment with the decline, there was no further feedback and seemed to take the young lady by surprise. The only comment given was that the cook to order chef service was coming..

I really used to like this restaurant and thought both the a la carte and buffet provided excellent food. As I’ve now been to both I can quite simply say that I won’t be going back.
Shame..