“Glad I booked my accommodation at the last minute” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Model Farm Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bradford
Model Farm Bed & Breakfast
Toftshaw Lane | East Bierley, Bradford BD4 6QR, England   |
Ranked #4 of 13 Bradford B&B and Inns
London, England, United Kingdom
“Glad I booked my accommodation at the last minute”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

After 10 years leaving North Yorkshire, my wife and I decide to go back and take a look how things have changed. We planned this trip weeks ago and I, being a typical man, put the accommodation booking 'till the very last minute (the day before)... model farm was the top result when searching for Bradford BnB. Very luckily someone cancelled before us, and we got the last room available!
Getting there: Wasnt too difficult to find the place, but I would recommend to get there abit early (before night in) the area does get abit dark (not many street lights) making the search abit more difficult.
The room: We got a king size ensuite bedroom in the barn house. Very spacious room, all nicely decorated and fairly new. One thing tho, the power shower does get a bit tricky, mind you, when reading the instruction manual. *Top means botton and vice versa* you will know what i mean if you are lucky enough to get that room.
Breakfast: It IS really unforgettable, the very generous amount of foods and a wide range of selections. 6 different types of hot foods you can choose from (incl full english breakfast) and cold foods (from cereal to polish sausages / meats)

Room Tip: If you are lucky enough to get the king size ensuite room from the barn house, as i have mentioned b...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

96 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Wolverhampton England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Interesting place. Well equipped. Very nice staff. Exciting breakfast with cold meats fruit and fish as well as full English. Big bed. Toiletries and toothbrushes. Visited National Media Museum. Free. Excellent

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Bedford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I was looking for something a little different to the rather similar city-centre Bradford hotels.

Within just a few minutes from the M62, Model farm is a charming B&B with friendly and helpful staff. Think it is a real farm too judging from the farm shop on site. My room was well equipped and a good standard. Very good breakfast in the conservatory with views across the hills. Also, lots of free and easy parking, which you do not get in the city centre. Bed was a little soft for me but then I know that is what most people like. Rooms very clean and everything works.

There is no restaurant (of course being a B&B) but I would recommend a 20ish minute walk in the evening to the New Inn for a good pub meal, but they only serve until about 8 I think. Romana's also deliver pizza's and more in the evening.

Within 10 minutes I was into the office where I was working. Also ideal as a holiday or touring base too. Easy to get to Salts mill as well and other Bradford attractions.

I missed having a fresh brewed coffee too, but otherwise all good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We drove from Edinburgh to London. We planned to stop at the halfway. So we stayed at Model farm B&B,Bradford for a night of Sep 18, 2013. We found the B&B easily by using coordinate searching through GPS. We were so surprised that we were given a whole big 2-storey house with 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a large living room and a spacious, full-equipped kitchen instead of 3 bedrooms in barnhouse or farmhouse that we booked through booking.com for 7 adults with the budget price only 120 GBP per night include breakfast. The house was very large, comfortable, well-decorated and full-furnished. The owner let us use all rooms and all facilities of this house. We enjoyed cooking our dinner in the large kitchen. All 5 bedrooms were not large but very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was served in the lovely breakfast room with garden and farm views. The cooked full-English breakfast was excellent and delicious that made us feel full all day. Free wifi was strong signal all area in the house. The B&B has wide garden and large farm area. The owner was very nice and hospitality.
Another thing that we liked was that there was a big 24-hour department store called ASDA nearby the B&B only 15 minutes by car. We could buy everything there. We enjoyed staying at this B&B, so we surely recommend Model farm B&B to everyone.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
evesham
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This place was easy to find WITH A SAT NAV. Probably hard without. Where do I start. Room full of mismatched dusty furniture. Corridor smelt stale and of poor drains. Room in the barn area, with concrete steps leading up. Outside light not working, hazardous in the dark. Room door faulty lock, loose in the door frame. Sheet had two small orange stains on it. One flannel between two people. Could not use it, huge grey stain through the middle. (poor washing). Breakfast in a cold dirty conservatory. Cereal fruit and childrens banana yoghurts laid out in bowls on a side table, extensive range of foreign meats cheese slices and cold fish laid on large round tables for everyone to sit down and help themselves, could be a health hazard as the food had obviously been out of the fridge for some time. We were ok, being first to sit at the table, the couple that sit down next looked decidedly uncomfortable and had to help themselves to food from the same open plates. Cooked breakfast was small and of poor quality. Young foreign staff with poor command of the english language were not interested in our complaints and apart from checking in did not see a more mature owner?? or employee that might take comments seriously.

Room Tip: Do not stay unless you are a really broke student because my experience in youth hostels has been be...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

For my third week on the road working in Bradford (previous stay at Bradford Hilton and Great Victoria [Bradford]), I picked the Model Farm B&B based on many of the good TripAdvisor reviews.

The B&B was fairly easy to find and the welcome was very friendly and informative. I stayed in room 6 which is an ensuite Double. The room is in a separate building which one could drive up to or walk to (although the walk is uncovered, so you'd get wet if it rained). The room was peachy coloured with VERY high ceilings (looks like a barn conversion); a very comfortable bed; two chairs and table; dresser; etc. It has the power-shower in it but I did not think the show was especially powerful. The room itself was very well presented, if a little girly. The breakfasts (7am - 9am) were exceptional - yum!

Only a few gripes. The wifi did not seem to work all the time. I could connect but there was often no internet connection. The door keys are old fashioned and a bit fiddly. When you close the door it does not lock, so you have to manually lock it. As mentioned, the shower is not particularly powerful. The tv remote did not work properly. Program up and program down button caused the screen to go blank, so on had to press the numbered channel buttons.

That said, if felt rather sureal staying at the Model Farm B&B, in a nice way, so I'd recommend it and I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Paid £40 for double en suite the night before a big interview. Welcome was fantastic, and shown to my room very quickly.

The room was spotless and well kitted, with complimentary soaps, tea, biscuits, big TV etc.

Great night's sleep, and great breakfast, reminded me of Poland trips last year - slight mix up with my cooked breakfast, but very quickly sorted out.

Will definitely stay again if I get the job!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Model Farm Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!