“Consistently good food” 5 of 5 stars

+44 (0)1274 258025
Improve this listing
Ranked #124 of 524 Restaurants in Bradford
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Consistently good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I have been going to Zouk for nearly 6 years now and in light of some of some of the recent reviews I feel its high time to express my views.
Every time I have been to Zouk both myself and my wife have loved the food and we are made to feel especially welcome by the wonderful staff, the specials which are changed often enough to stay special are more often than not something which really appeals, and on the occasions that the specials are not what i want the menu is fantastic and there is a wide range of starters, curries including a good sea food menu.
all in all Zouk is one of the best curry houses I have been to and I would Highly recommend it to anyone, yes sometimes its loud (if you have 60/70 people in a room its going to be) and the comments regarding the slow service and food taking time, i'd rather have food that takes time (because its freshly cooked) rather than microwave food/pre made food which is shipped in (like other large curry house chains do).

If you are in 2 minds then I hope this sways your decision.

enjoy

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Bradford, United Kingdom
“Marvellous yet again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Went to Zouk's 7th birthday celebrations on 31-7-13 and had a wonderful evening.
The food was excellent and i loved the non-alcoholic cocktails.
Lots of choice for veggies and vegans- the onion bhajis were sublime.
Also, their dahl is fantastic- best I've ever had and I can't recreate it.
The staff were very busy but attentive. A very warm welcome was received.
Had not been to Zouk for a while and really glad I went.
Will be back!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oxford
“Delicious food let down by indifferent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Went for a late lunch here today and really enjoyed the food. We ordered the starter off the specials menu which was a delicious garlic and coriander grilled chicken and the chilli paneer. This was disappointing as it was not very spicy and the paneer hadn't really been cooked for long enough in the sauce. We shared the chicken steak as a main and it was delicious and for £12 the portion size was huge!
The waitress didn't bother to ask us whether our meal was okay, they saw we had a toddler with us and didn't offer a high chair, perhaps we should have asked as I later discovered some stashed away at the back of the restaurant.
It's also a bit cheeky to charge £2.50 for orange juice that was definitely not fresh.
Overall though, a positive experience!

Visited August 2013
“Great day out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely meal today but i loved the mocktails we had the food is better than akbars would go back again an experience it on the weekends an see what kind of service we will get because it was there average night thats why we got good service the decor is good its a good restaurant overall

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Disgusted!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Where do I begin? Absolutely appalled. Thought we'd celebrate a family members birthday since there'd been some good reviews about this place. 'Thank you for choosing Zouk Bradford, we are looking forward to seeing you on Wednesday, July 31, 2013' was the email received regarding the booking. We arrived to find out there was apparently no booking, since there was a huge party going on, completely unorganised! Not to mention how rude and appalling the staffs attitude was, have they ever heard of good customer service? I think not! Also why was the music so loud? whether or not it was a party, are you running a restaurant or a club? Disgusting customer service, and never had a chance to try the food which will have probably been just as bad as their attitude. Wouldn't recommend this place at all whether or not their food is nice their staff is dreadful!

• Visited July 2013