“Excellent lunch time visit” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Pizza & Pasta, Tapas
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Excellent lunch time visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Visited pesto for lunch on Monday and it was great again. Great value for money, three dishes for £7.95. Enjoyed trying 6 dishes between the two of us. Staff very friendly. Sat by the wood burning fire. Did not want to leave. But had to go back to Work. Will be back

Bradford, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food & Service....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

My family and I celebrated my Birthday at Pesto (in the Park) on Thursday, although I have been before with a friend, I had never been in a group of 12 (including 3 small children). I had noticed a bad review, but as I love the location and ambience of the restaurant I was willing to take a chance. It really paid off, the Manager advised against the early bird due to the size of the party, we did not go for the large party menu as not everyone liked the choice, but instead all ordered from the main menu. We were not disappointed, the food was delicious and with such a wide variety there was something for everyone. The staff could not have been more accommodating, it was a lovely experience and I will definitely be returning.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Words have not been written yet to explain how bad the food is!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

I booked at pesto bradford for valentines night with my wife, we eat out at least three times a week and we have never eaten such crap food!!!!!!!!.
We was sat down to a set menu of which we didn't know about and should of been told at the time of booking (2 weeks earlier ). 4 courses of disgusting cold rubbish food, we couldn't get out of there fast enough !!!!!!.
I did inform the manager of how bad we thought it was and all he could say was, the restaurant has had a good night and it didn't matter what we thought!!!!!.
Avoid,avoid,avoid,avoid,avoid,avoid,avoid,avoid,avoid,avoid,avoid,avoid,avoid,avoid,avoid,avoid.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Emma P, Public Relations Manager at Pesto, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. Very sorry and disappointed to hear about your recent experience at Pesto and that it did not live up to our usual standards. Your feedback is very important to us so to enable us to look into your concerns please visit the feedback page on our website and we will look into the matter. Thank you.
Shipley, United Kingdom
“Lunch with a friend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

We visited this restaurant for the first time today (11/2/2014), we went with a friend, we were met with a very warm welcome and shown to a table beside a roaring fire, we were the only people in the place. The food gave us an option of main menu or tapas style, we went for the tapas style and ordered garlic mushrooms, calamari, Caesar salad , meatballs, two lasagnes, all arrived quickly and where appropriate were hot. We all enjoyed our dishes it is nice to have a choice of smaller dishes/portions, but good choices to tempt the appetite. We finished with a tiramasu, chocolate dish and Italian cheese & coffee. Total bill £44 for 3, not bad value, we would visit again, would be great to visit in the summer and sit out and enjoy the view.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Emma P, Public Relations Manager at Pesto, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you for your lovely review following your recent visit - and so glad to hear you enjoyed our concept and the variety of dishes on offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
England, United Kingdom
“Italian Delight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

I love italian food and I love tapas, so this was the best of both worlds for me. We were offered drinks at the bar as soon as we entered the building and chose a bottle of chardonnay which we asked to be put on the bill - no problem. We were taken to our table promptly and our order taken. There were 4 in our party and we chose a couple of starter garlic breads to share. We ordered 10 different mains dishes between us inc.fish,meat,pasta. Honestly, every single one was fabulous, but surprisingly a pasta dish stole the night. We all agreed the penne con pollo al dragoncello was the favourite one (pasta with chicken & mascarpone). We finished off by sharing 2 vanilla cheescakes, which were again, lovely and coffee/tea all round. We had 2 bottles of wine and a couple of other drinks and the total came to £96. I think less than £50 per couple was good value for the whole evening. My wife would have preferred to have been nearer the open fire on such a cold February night but that was a minor quibble.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your lovely review after your recent visit. Glad to hear you enjoyed your meal - especially the dragoncello! - and that you found the visit good value for money.

We hope to see you again soon!