“Cheap hotel but needs a lick of paint” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Bradford
Telford, United Kingdom
“Cheap hotel but needs a lick of paint”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night on business and it's definitely gone downhill since I visited last year.
At check in the keycard they gave me didn't work & I had to go back to reception to get a replacement. Once inside the room, I was particularly disappointed as there were only 2 small spotlights working and the room was dingy. The TV was small with a poor picture and the double glazing didn't work properly as the street noise came through. The room was cold & even when I turned the heater up it made little difference as the heat went straight out the window.
The bed was comfortable.
Breakfast is really not that good, but as it's free I don't suppose I can complain too much.
The best thing about this hotel is that it's situated right next to a cinema, casino, bowling alley & 3 restaurants (Nandos, F&Bs and Pizza Hut).
Not much choice around the area, but not sure I'd stop here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
DeanLong, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bradford City Centre, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Whukev

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay.

I am sorry that you found your room disapointing, i can only assume that when you entered the room only the two bedside spotlights came on.
As you are aware the hotel is located in the city centre which does then mean that some rooms may get traffic noise at times. We do however have well over half of our rooms not facing the road so a quieter one can be requested on booking or check in.
The free hot breakfast overs a full range of cold items togeather with sausage, scrambled egg and beans, as you did not expand further on your comment about breakfast it is difficult for me to judge what you though was not good.

Dean Long

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This was my first visit to the Holiday Inn Express, Bradford. It is located within a leisure complex in Bradford City Centre (above a cinema - I think) but the warm welcome, the clean comfortable room and the friendly staff made for an enjoyable stay.

There is a short walk from the multi story car park (park on level 4) and when you reach the hotel lobby you need to take the lift to the second floor to check in at reception (there are rooms on floors 1, 2, 3 and 4).

Wifi is complimentary and is available throughout the hotel. There is a small bar and a relaxing seating area in the great room. The bar has a small selection of hot items in the evening (choice of pizza or curry) and as usual with Holiday Inn Express there is a complimentary breakfast.

I paid £35 for a double room which also had a sofa bed. My only gripe - they gave me a connecting room - one of my pet hates - but it didn't disturb me.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
DeanLong, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bradford City Centre, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear WB3

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I hope that you were or signed up to our priority club scheme to enable you to earn points that can be used for overnoght stay and much more.

The hotel is very pleased to offer free wifi to all our guests now.

I will pass on your comments to the team regarding their attirude, we do aim to offer a friendly welcome to all. and am pleased that you found our 21 day saver rate value for money, our best rates are our advance rates that must be booked and paid for either 21 or 5 days in advance of your stay.

I look foward to you staying with us again should you be in Bradford

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

The room was spacious & clean with a modern fresh look. You parking in the multi-storie car park then a short walk take the lift up to reception.

The location is excellent with plenty of restaurants less than minutes walk away, the cinema is next door which is handy if you are on a business trip with spare time. My room had a nice view of the cinema roof.

The only complaint would be they were out of bottled mineral water :-0 Overall a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Prehaps choose a room high up top away from all the noise in the square.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Jeddati

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I will pass on your comments to the housekeeping team regarding the room.

The hotels location is ideal for the city centre and the restaurants on the site such as Nandos do offer good choice

I am sorry that we did not have any water in stock which has surprised me so i will be looking into this

yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I booked this hotel for 1 night when we were visiting universities with our daughter. Parking was very easy and cheap, and check in was speedy with cheerful helpful staff, room was on the 4th floor although the lift was a bit confused about which floor it was stopping at. Room was very clean with 2 good sized beds.
We ate in Nandos which was very nice and there is a choice of other resturants adjacent to hotel.
We had had a busy day so didn't venture any further afield.
The beds were comfortable and although we thought the road noise may keep us awake this wasn't the case and we had a good nights sleep.
The breakfast which is complementary was quite adequate with sausage, beans and scrambled egg as the hot choice and plenty of cereals, fruit juice,toast, pastries and tea and coffee to fill up on. Overall I would stop here again if in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
DeanLong, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bradford City Centre, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Yorkshireroxylady

Thank you for taking the time out to review your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us and the hotel met with your needs.

The Leisure Exchnge does offer guests a good choice of restaurants and parking at reasonable rates all in very easy reach of the hotel on a plaza.

We look forward to welcoming you back if you are in the area , if you had more time you could take the opportunity to visit the city park or Bronte country

Rugby
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I stayed at this hotel several years ago and found it really useful as the location was perfect.

Originally I booked into the Premier Inn by accident. Luckily they called me to check I knew that there was no car park and that they had been open for only a few months. That's when I realised I'd booked into the wrong hotel. I cancelled the Premier Inn and booked into the Holiday Inn instead. Big mistake! The check-in was great but when I got to the room (321) there was a problem with the window frame. It was like the window was open. Lots of drafts and lots of noise! The traffic noise was awful. At 1am, I was close to checking out and driving 2 hours home. I could not get any sleep at all. Before going to bed, I decided to have a quick beer in the bar. They only sell low strength beer at high prices. The lager is only Becks Vier at 4% and for bitter it was Boddingtons at 3.5%. The only regular beer I could find was Perroni (5%) at an eye-watering £3.85 for a 330ml bottle! I guess that's why the bar was completely empty.

When I checked out very tired after no sleep due to the room noise, I complained about the window problem and they didn't seem to care, shruggling it off, but enjoying charging my card, so I'm assuming they expected it. If you are anything but a very heavy heavy sleeper do not stay here, or sleep in your car (at least it's free)

Was a great place to stay, but now if you live within 2 hours, GO HOME! You will regret staying here.

Room Tip: If your room was like mine, you are probably better off sleeping in your car
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Istate75

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.

I am sorry that you found the room required some maintanence. If you had reported this to reception we would have been able to move your room.
The hotel bar does offer a range of products and the prices are competitive with other outlets on the complex. It is not unusal for the hotel bar to be quiet at one in the morning most days due to the mix of clients that stay in the hotel.

Once again i am sorry that the hotel did not meet with your expectations on this occasion

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This was my husband's first trip to a hotel without me after 24years of marriage and he was very nervous! He was staying overnight waiting for our son and had a 7 hour trip up the M1 from Windsor. So, arriving exhausted, he was very pleasantly suprised. The room was spotless, large and the bed extremely comfortable. The en suite was large and the shower was perfect. All in all he had a great night's sleep and left feeling refreshed. Can't comment on breakfast because he didn't go down for it!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
DeanLong, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bradford City Centre, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear Tracy W

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.

I am pleased that we exceeded your expectations and we were able to provide a service that enabled your husband to have a restful night without you. The saying- Behind a good man there is always a good woman springs to mind.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel should you be travelling to bradford again

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed here with coach party weekend Very good clean rooms. Evening meal good, but was disappointed with the breakfast only scrambled egg sausage and beans. Have always found with these holiday express hotels you get a good evening meal or a great breakfast, never both.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Jf40

Thank you for taking the time to wirte a review on your recent stay.

I am pleased that you found the hotel meet your requirements following your stay with a coach tour. The Holiday Inn Express Brand offers a free full continental breakfast that includes Hot Items and i am sorry if this was not made clear to you by the agent you booked with.

Your comments regarding your room will be passed onto the housekeeping team

Dean Long

Been to Holiday Inn Express Bradford City Centre? Share your experiences!