“Disappointing” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Hebden Bridge, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

From the outside this buffet looks quite inviting. It's a different matter when you get in. You feel like you're on some sort of production line to get you in, take your money, and get you out as quickly as possible. No friendliness, no customer care, absolutely no feeling that you're a valued customer.

We decided to opt for the £6.50 (or thereabouts) deal which ends at 6pm on a Saturday. After that time the price rockets up to £12.50. We went in at 5.15pm and were warned that we'd have to finish by 6, otherwise we'd be charged the full price. Most Chinese buffets I have been to allow you to stay for a set time, sometimes having a 'happy hour' at a slightly higher price at the point where your stay might actually encroach on the higher price menu. Not so here. So we spent our time clockwatching, and trying to get our meal before the price nearly doubled. Not relaxing. Not what you need from a restaurant.

And then the food itself. I had some sort of chicken dish with reconstituted chicken - looking something like breast meat, it had a light open texture which bore no resemblance to any real chicken I have tasted. The fish in batter was soggy, pale and awful. A beef dish I had (with thin strips of beef) was chewy to say the least. The Swiss roll dessert was stale. Everything yelled out at you "This is low quality; this is being done on the cheap"

On the wall, a karaoke screen was blaring out loud music. The sing-along words underneath contained references that were quite offensive. Does a Chinese buffet really need loud rap music drowning any possible attempt at conversation?

One of my main judgments of a restaurant is to ask whether I would ever go back. The answer here is emphatically no. I have been conned once here. It won't happen again.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

never again will i go here. I have bever felt so poorly in my life.all the food tasted the same and was very cold. Day after i was very very poorly. The only good thing i can say was the staff was very polite

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bradford, United Kingdom
“The worst Chinese I can recall.........”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Diane & I visited after attending a performance at nearby St Georges Hall but swiftly wished we hadn't! The cuisine on offer was bland, cold & generally unnatractive. Given the wide number of eating options available nearby this place represents atrocious value for money and we won't be going there again.

Visited May 2013
“Not bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Have been here a couple of times, nothing amazing, nothing offensive either. One of these times I laughed until the wee rolled down my leg listening to a gaggle of drunk middle aged Chinese women caterwauling to Whitney Houston in a Karaoke room out the back!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Don't bother”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Nothing really good about it. Wouldn't go back or recommend. Service isn't bad, but the food is awful. Everything was cold.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere