“Disappointed Buffet @ Bradford” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #307 of 524 Restaurants in Bradford
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Bridlington, United Kingdom
“Disappointed Buffet @ Bradford”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Buffet @ Bradford is located in the centre of Bradford near to the Hilton Hotel. It is a buffet with a variety and numerous dishes to help yourself to eat hence buffet style.. However we visited it on Sunday and we were both disappointed by the quality and choice. Maybe for £8.50 all day Sunday price tag each we shouldn't complain but we won't be returning. The most enjoyable dish l found was the duck but nothing else was appealing. The vast majority of food was sat soggy in dishes kept warm looking very unappetitzing. The prawn toast was oozing and dripping in fat. Many of the dishes had incorrect labels and so you had to look very close to check what the dish was.The only positive aspect of our visit was however credit to Buffet @ Badford to the staff though who were all very efficient and prompt. Service was good pity about the food though.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Thame, United Kingdom
“A really lovely meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I had dinner there last night - what a wonderful selection of food, fish, vegetarian, meat, an absolutely fantastic choice. You could not have asked for more. The restaurant was splotless and the staff very friendly. It is a great shame I live several hundred miles away and really look forward to going there again. The dinner was £11.50 and covered everything you could eat.
Really good value. I would highly recommend it. I don't eat meat but I had a great choice of
food. Thank you for a really memorable meal.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bradford, United Kingdom
“All i cant eat”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I enjoy a good buffet from time to time, however at this resturant i couldnt eat much of the food, i dont know why it just wasnt that nice however i just eat what i could and enjoyed some of the banter with my friends.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Not as reliable as it has been in the past”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We are reasonably regular visitors here and decided to treat ourselves before visiting St Georges Hall.

We arrived at 5.30pm. I think this may have been where we made our mistake! Upon arrival the selection was not good for vegetarians. To add to this, the items weren't as well labelled as they usually are and so the vegetarian in our party was unsure about most of the items that were available as a starter.

Thankfully the main courses had a better selection. We also noticed this time that you can have a small stir fry made for you, with ingredients of your choosing. I have never noticed this before. However I also noticed that when people were wanting to have their stir fry cooked, there was nobody on the counter and they were having to search for staff. In fact this seemed to be the theme of the night. We went to the bar to order our drinks, as it was easier than trying to attract the attention of a member of staff.

We noticed that at around 6.30 a better selection of food started to come out of the kitchen. One of us realised that it was a different price from 6pm and assumed it was related to this. But, as you might have guessed, we were charged the higher price even though the freshly made dishes did not start coming out until we had finished. We never expected the cheaper price but if they are going to change the price at 6pm then it is not unreasonable to expect better choice in exchange for that higher price at the relevant time of 6pm rather than half an hour later.

It was still good value, and will always be good value if you have a long time to linger over your food as you can pace yourself and have little plates of food as often as you want. For my husband, who has about 12 plates of food each time we go here, it's excellent value. The drinks are always expensive and this time, the staff seemed to be away with the fairies!

However don't forget to ask for your student/OAP discount when you walk in, this will save you £1!! I am pleased to report that none of us were ill afterwards, and none of us had any complaints about poor hygiene or undercooked food.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Excellent.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I visited here for the first time about a week ago. The service was fantastic, the food , beautiful, and the choice absolutely fantastic, (especially for myself who does not eat meat but eats fish etc). I have never been partial to a chinese meal and have tried many which have disagreed with me. However, this was great , I will most definetley be visiting again!!

• Visited January 2013