“iMax Cinema” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 92 things to do in Bradford
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: The National Media Museum is a fabulous free museum in Bradford, West Yorkshire devoted to film, photography, TV, radio and the web. Filled with fun educational exhibitions, three cinema screens including the IMAX 3D cinema (charges apply) and galleries, the museum also hosts children's parties, sleepovers, and festivals covering animation, retro TV, and more.The National Media Museum is a fun day out in Bradford for the whole family.
“iMax Cinema”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I was in to see a 3D documentary in the iMax cinema inside the Media Museum. It was called "Born to be wild" I really enjoyed the 3D. It was something I never experimented before. Nothing to do with all the 3D films I have seen before. I really recommend it. I payed around 7 Pounds.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great day out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Me and my two boys had a fab time at the museum, for a start it is free so that's fab, there is lots to see and do, the boys spent a long time on the games floor where you can play on retro games they also loved being filmed doing the weather and the news! Kids absolutely love this. Well worth a visit.

Visited August 2013
Leeds
7 attraction reviews
“Jurrasic 3 D IMAX”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Went to see Jurassic Park in 3 D at the UK's biggest IMAX screen, decided to eat at the museum café the Pasta and Flat breads were delicious, try it and see

London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“Very good, great for kids!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I attended the museum on a Wednesday morning. Please check the museum site for opening/closing times! On the day we went it opened at 1000.

It's FREE to enter! Rare in these days! However a suggested donation of £2 is asked for and there's plenty of of places to donate.

It was quiet to start with and we got to walk around and enjoy everything without the place being over-run.

A lot of time and money has been poured into the museum and its displays were interesting and most were interactive.

My partner enjoyed the games room where he managed to okay on a spectrum; for those of you out there 'in the know' he was playing 'manic miner'. And he reverted back to being ten years old when he kept failing the level due to a pesky penguin, anyway...

Kids would no doubt love the place! We certainly did and we're adults (most of the time!).

There is a cafe, however we did not partake so I can't comment. There's also a shop, we had a look around and it was a bit pricey, however, there were some dr Who badges and bits for 75p- pocket money range!

Leeds
136 attraction reviews
“A brilliant experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

On a rainy and blustery Sunday afternoon my partner and I visited the museum but only to visit the IMAX cinema - we didn't know what was on but found out it was Jurassic Park in 3D. After having a nice cup of tea and scone in the cafe we decided to go and see the film as it had been years since we had seen it.What an experience, especially as we are in our 60's, and we both thoroughly enjoyed seeing it in 3D as the dinosaurs certainly came to life and the whole film had us both enthralled. A film for all the family albeit a little gruesome in parts!