“good staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bradford Hotel

You added Bradford Hotel to your Saves list
Bradford Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hall Ings Road, Bradford BD1 5SH, England (Formerly Hilton Bradford)   |
Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Bradford
London, United Kingdom
“good staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

I stay at the Bradford hotel often due to business, yes the hotel is in need of some work done but the staff are a credit to the company, from the freindky check in to the lovely clean rooms, bit disappointed to see someone complain about dirty bedding I on the other hand have never seen this always fresh and clean nothing is too much for the cleaners, there is this little one who is so friendly and chatty but forgot her name, the breakfast is one of the best I have had, I am always treated like a friend when am here which is lovely for the lonely single traveller

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Leeds, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

This was the worst hotel stay that we have ever endured. The hotel room was grubby and old, but when we pulled back the sheets we found blood on the undersheet and one pillowcase! We immediately complained to reception, and were moved to a smaller room in the smoking section of the hotel. This room was equally grubby. The paper that we had ordered for the next morning didn't turn up and the reception staff had no idea what had happened to it. Breakfast was mediocre but I was told I would have to pay for a cappuccino if I wanted one.
The next morning we met a duty manager who had no power to offer any compensation and she could not contact a manager until the next morning by e-mail. We had to pay the bill in full, for this appalling experience and we have not yet heard from a manager. In light of current global events, if going somebody else's blood on hotel sheets is extremely dangerous and the hotel management don't seem to be taking customer safety seriously.

• Stayed December 2014
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I stayed for one night and found service very good. The room was clean, spacioys, free wifi, tv and goid comfortable bed. Toiletries and towels all good staff very obliging if you need more tea\coffee supplies for room. Had dinner in restaurant but found food average- don't think I'd be nominating chef for masterchef- eg cheesecake stodgy and base thick and hard to break. Breakfast was also average as not fan of heatlamp buffets prefer fresh cooked to order. Some staff at breakfast could have been a bit more cheerful. Overall would stay again but eat out. I liked 12noon checkout that was good.

Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Liversedge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed on business with a function in the hotel the same evening. Staff were great and helpful and professional. Rooms adequate but a little tired, very clean though and comfy bed. Food was only OK but it was a large function and service and staff were good and efficient.
All in all a good hotel but not a fantastic hotel. A little investment would go a long way and hopefully if Bradford picks up with the new developments then more guests equals a better hotel.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Swindon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Bradford Hotel is a modern block =tending to the 'brutalist' style of architecture and a very plain and cold looking reception area

The rooms however are very good, with all amenities and the buffet breakfast is standard

However, the great assets of the hotel are its closeness to Bradford Interchange station only 2 minutes away and being on the edge of the city centre plus the price. Where else would one find an executive room in a good hotel plus breakfast for £80 and friendly and helpful staff

Super value and highly recommended

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Wakefield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here for one night ahead of a Christmas party also taking place at the hotel. Welcomed by name at the reception desk and processed quickly. This use to be the Hilton Bradford until May 2014 and though they didn't invest for several years, the new owners haven't either yet which is badly needed.

I had a booked a deluxe room which should have offered bathrobe, slippers, wine, snacks and water. On arriving into the room, not only did it have a fantastic view of the bins none of those items were in the room.

I made a quick call and a friendly member of staff came up with some water and a small bottle of wine. The view didn't concern me though I was regretting not moving at 7am the next morning when the glass collection lorry came and made lots of noise.

The rooms here are pretty basic. The walls were heavily marked and the carpet had dirty marks too, it was generally clean though. The bathroom was cold and it took a while to get the water temperature in the shower up to actually.....warm!

Sadly the Christmas party wasn't up to much and the food pretty poor but probably a case of the hotel taking on too much as the hotel was full of Christmas parties.

Next morning I checked out thinking I wouldn't return, better places to stay in Bradford to be honest and though this hotel is centrally located it badly needs some TLC in the rooms and the floors. Clearly money has been invested when it was a Hilton in the reception and dining areas, it is just needed now in the rest of the hotel.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Sale, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

... staff, cleanliness and beds brilliant...from the minute I walked in and saw the smiling ladies on reception I felt at home....I really would have to be very picky about the cleanliness...perhaps carpet stained a bit but other than that all was spotless..as I had asked for a room near to ground floor.I was given a room for disabled on first floor (even though I am not ) so had a walk in shower with plenty of red pull alarms...and enormous amount of space. Best power shower . The bed was amazingly comfy with plenty of pillows of differing thickness...outer windows will only open about 4 inches so if you are too hot, leave the inner window open .
The fire alarm did go off at teatime only to be told on entering reception it was a false alarm. but I was then given a cup of tea while waiting for the lift to be connected again...thanks to SUE CROWTHER....The Alhambra is about a five minute walk away and the rail station less distance.
The view from room 115 was brilliant..who needs a clock when you can see the wonderfully illuminated Town Hall clock whilst lying in bed...My two nights at THE BRADFORD were very nice except for one or two things...the noise from the radiators which starts about 5 am...I thought I was the only one to be disturbed by it but I see another trip advisor complained and two men at breakfast also complained..I really believed somebody was hitting the radiator somewhere with a hammer and my heating wasn't even ON....also in room 115 there was an adjoining door into the next room (locked) but I could hear EVERY WORD which was said by two elderly ladies....thank goodness they were not a young "vigorous" couple.... Breakfast was a nightmare on Sunday morning. I went down at 8 15 am to avoid a crowd...only to find the dining room packed with coach parties. getting a seat was almost impossible and once I found one I could not get to the buffet breakfast without planning my route round the (far too many) chairs and tables....the three staff were completely overwhelmed...different on Monday morning when there were only three of us in at 8.15.am...
food was good....except the sausage...had they been cooked ????? plates were VERY HOT......I cannot thank the staff enough they were the best I have EVER come across....I left feeling I knew them personally...thank you girls and boys....I still had a brilliant time whilst staying in Bradford....I can't say if there was WIFI because there were no guest notes in the bedroom.about anything...not fire escapes, room service, menus or anything....WHY????? even guest houses have those...Also when I asked for a latte coffee at breakfast I was told I might have to pay extra for that "as it's a different type of coffee" !!!!

Room Tip: I would suggest not room 115