“Disappointing” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bradford Hotel

You added Bradford Hotel to your Saves list
Bradford Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hall Ings Road, Bradford BD1 5SH, England (Formerly Hilton Bradford)   |
Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Bradford
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Formerly the Hilton, this hotel in central Bradford did not live up to expectations. Our deluxe room was adequate but lacked basic things like literature regarding the hotel and information about the Bradford area. We had an early evening meal in the City 3 restaurant which was quite pricey and the floor around our table was covered in crumbs. Breakfast, buffet style, was disappointing and of poor quality. We would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Halifax
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I've just sat my M249 practical modern statistics exam in a wonderful function room at the Hilton, Bradford. I had a large table (big enough for at least 4 people) all to myself. The table was covered in a brilliant white tablecloth. All my examination papers, answer booklet, information papers and everything I needed was neatly laid out in front of me, ready to start my exam.

The room was large enough for a banquet, with a shuttered bar running down the left hand side. Tables were placed in rows on either side of the room, side on to the bar, with an aisle in between each row, and an even larger isle in the centre of the room. My table was at the back of the room, bang in the middle of the centre isle. The room was spacious and sitting at the back, I felt like queen of all I surveyed. It was a marvellous view with plenty of 'thinking' space in between all of the desks.

At the front of room stood a curtained stage, and in front of the stage, directly opposite me, the moderator sat, quietly moderating. It was such a peaceful and lovely atmosphere, like being on holiday. The pressure I anticipated from having taken previous exams just wasn't there.

What a wonderful experience. Thank you Hilton, Bradford.

Room Tip: Excellent location for conferences (or exams). Lovely front of house welcome and plenty of staff on...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

This is not a Hilton Hotel in any way shape or form. I was very disappointed.

Firstly I booked online and then a few days prior to my stay logged into my Hilton account (as a Hilton Honours Member) and was shown a message saying that the hotel would no longer be a Hilton from 23 May 14. Thank God.

I booked the trip as part of a birthday present for my 16 year old. We go away quiet a bit and I thought I would go for a Hilton as opposed to a Hampton - wrong decision.

Firstly after driving up from London we arrived at 2am. The man on duty was miserable to say the least. I asked how I would get into the car park and he said - its closed, sorry! (No advice on where to park at all!!) He asked for a card to hold expenses...never been asked this before as they have my card on file as I paid in advance. I agreed and asked for a receipt....this took 10 minutes to get as he was unable to print a copy receipt and was unable to use the photocopier! He was also very impolite as if I was putting him out for asking! I've also just realised that I did not get any kind of receipt from the hotel at all!

Anyhow got to the room and it was like a throw back to the 1980's. No air conditioning, very small room, out dated bathroom and far too warm! At 2am you don't really have the energy to complain so we stayed and did not say anything to the staff (although I doubt he would have cared).

We noticed that the shower was leaking into the bath and there were water stains, the grout was mouldy, the bed sheets were dirty and the bed not properly made, the carpet had stains on it - I am talking lots and lots of stains! And I was too scared to drink the water in the room as I did not know if it was complementary or I would be overcharged for it.

In the morning I had to ask where breakfast was served as I realised I had not been told the night before and most of the breakfast items were cold.

The only positive was that I had arranged for a present to be delivered on Saturday and this was kept downstairs for me until Sunday morning. Although the lady on reception struggled to work out how to physically give me the parcel!

In short this hotel is in need of an update and I am glad it is no longer being called a Hilton as it really isn't. If I was at a Hampton I would have asked for the refund under the 100% satisfaction policy as I was complete unsatisfied by the service, the amenities, the cleanliness of the room, the size of the lift, the staff responses and the cold breakfast.

If you were planning on staying here - don't go to Holiday Inn or Premier Inn as I am sure it would be better. Will not be returning :-(

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Bradford Hotel? Share your experiences!