“Wedding!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Bradford
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Wedding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

I attended my brothers wedding here, the wedding coordinator as brilliant! I haven't been to a wedding since that has been so organised and well run! Timings was brilliant! Food and atmospher great! Everyone went well out there way to ensure we had a great day!
Only down point is that the mens toilet by the princes ball room is smelly and makes the corridor smell of wee! Nice!
But overall 5 star!

• Stayed July 2012
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Alex,

I am very grateful to you for your review after attending your brother’s wedding at the hotel. Your feedback regarding Denise, who co-ordinated your brother’s wedding, is particularly pleasing and I will ensure she is thanked personally. I will also offer my thanks to the Head Chef and the Operations team who took care of the wedding food and service delivery.

Thank you most sincerely for having taken the time and trouble to write your review, and as you are obviously local to us here in Bradford it will be a pleasure to welcome you once again very soon.

With grateful thanks and best regards

Gary Peacock

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was fantastic, the rooms were fab, the service was great, the location was epic right smack in the middle of shopping central :) the only thing I have a problem with was the food menu.. Breakfast were excellent but evening meals were repetitive and boring. But if you didn't have to eat there for more than 3 days you would be happy. I would most defo stay again :) :)

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Bluandfluffy,

Many thanks indeed for your very kind comments following your recent stay. I’ll mention your comments both regarding Dinner and Breakfast to our Head Chef who, I am sure, will take on board your constructive feedback.

I hope it’s not too long before we are able to welcome you back to the hotel.

In the meantime thank you once again

Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

As I live locally I would not normally opt to stay in Bradford City Centre, however I was unable to get a babysitter for Valentines night so I booked Midland Hotel for the 16th Feb on the basis it was ranked number three on Trip Advisor and it was hosting a Valentines Dinner Dance. My first few dealings with the hotel were over the telephone and I found the staff to be engaged, friendly and helpful. On arrival to the hotel my wife and I were there before check-in time but thought we would try our luck with free parking at the hotel – I spoke with reception and they were obliging. Later on when we checked in we were given a glass of wine. At this point my opinion of the hotel couldn’t have been any higher. We had an executive room which was big, comfy and traditional decour but with a wall mounted flat screen TV. Downside was the view from the room was a building and a bus stop – the hotel is next to a train station but I couldn’t see or hear any trains, to be honest we didn’t get disturbed by any form noise from inside or outside the hotel throughout our stay. This is a lovely old fashioned building – the residents bar has an open fire, the reception is like a massive front lounge and the dining areas are all high restaurant standards. The Valentines Dinner Dance was a very pleasant occasion with a live band and efficient waiter service – there are certainly no problems with a lack of staffing. Breakfast in the morning was freshly cooked to order with also a continental buffet with included fresh slices of pineapple and kiwi fruit. Again the service and staff were impeccable. Check out was quick and easy. If you don’t have the kids and you want to stay in Bradford City Centre then this hotel is definitely the place to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Chowny,

Thank you most sincerely for your very comprehensive review following your stay over last weekend for the Valentines Dinner Dance.

I am grateful that you noticed, and were very complimentary about the level of service, food and the overall guest experience that you had throughout your stay and during the Dinner dance. I will pass on your comments to all the staff whom I am sure will be thrilled. It is particularly pleasing when one of our guests openly recommends the hotel to other travellers and for that I thank you.

It is very rewarding for us all when our customers give us such positive feedback and it reinforces our beliefs in the journey that we are on; that is to be recognised as one of the best hotels in the region.

I hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future, but in the meantime thank you once again.

Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a 2 night stay at the Midland. Once again the food and staff were very welcoming. Even offering to send coffee up to our room as soon as we arrived. We had room 114 which was adequate although a little warm, even though radiators off and a humming noise that started around 7am but wasn't a major problem.Last time had room 145 which was much bigger and quieter and should have requested this again. Robes and slippers available in the room. Evening meal was very good with plenty of choice and served efficiently. Breakfasts, plenty of fresh fruit, juices, cheeses, meats, pastries and also cooked breakfasts. Hotel itself was very quiet as there didn't seem to be many guests which was quite surprising as it is by far the best hotel in Bradford. Location is in town centre, with a car park for guests and railway station very close by that takes you to Ilkley, Skipton etc. in a short time. Will definitely be staying at this lovely grand hotel for a third time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Susan C,

I am delighted to have read you review, particularly as you have been so kind and returned to the hotel for the second time after your first visit last summer. It is essential that we maintain a consistent improvement in the overall service and guest experience, and I am very grateful for your kind feedback. I will look into the maintenance issue regarding the humming noise.

I will ensure that I have the pleasure of meeting you on your next visit to the Midland Hotel. In the meantime may I thank you once again for taking the time and trouble to post such a favourable review.

Warmest Regards

Kidderminster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

had a family room which was really big (had 2 double beds) lovely hotel only problem was the room was very hot and couldnt switch the heating off.
breakfast was including which was nice.
location is right in the town centre.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Carl0s77

Thank you for your time in reviewing the hotel following your recent visit. Clear concise and please accept my sincere thanks. Apologies in regards to the heating, the old system does take a while to cool down, and as we’ve had such cold weather recently we’ve had to keep the system on and high almost 24 hours a day.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Kind Regards

Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Just back from a great weekend uni reunion (30 years on!) at this hotel- from start to finish, from booking to checking out, the staff were attentive and friendly. It is right next to Forster Square Station in the city centre so conveniently located. We had an Executive Room- huge room and huge bathroom, both spotless. Value for money too- As we booked four rooms the hotel gave us a good rate, booking directly with the hotel. Sympathetically restored keeping the old station memorabilia etc and large function rooms. My husband said he'd definitely book the Midland if he were to come to the area on business. All our party loved it. The breakfast was included and a wide range of continental/cooked to order and fresh fruit available. We also sat in the cosy bar by the fire on our return from a night out and ate from the bar menu for lunch on Saturday- great value for money. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Moot,
Thank you most sincerely for your very generous appraisal of the hotel following your recent stay.

I appreciate your overview of the hotel and its facilities, we feel very proud and privileged to have such history and tradition in our hotel and throughout the company customer service ethos.

I will pass on your very kind comments to all the staff, who continuously strive for excellence, and they appreciate the recognition of their commitment to the hotel.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel at some future date, but in the meantime thank you very much for your review.

Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

I came north for work +decided to stay here.

Its a building with lots of character - just look at the restaurant ceiling - wow!

It's a very spacious building +has the usual bars +free parking or literally next door to the station but no noise.

WiFi everywhere +free!

Easy walking distance to shops, museums, pubs etc.

The service is remarkable, with
particular thanks to Rose for excellent customer service +local information :-)

Breakfast a good choice, and lovely salmon++++

Overall nothing at alk to fault!

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Madkelt,

Thank you for your recent review on the hotel which was all encompassing and extremely complimentary.

I hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel once again very soon.

In the meantime thank you once again

Gary Peacock

Been to Midland Hotel? Share your experiences!