“Excellent value; a bit remote but easy access and parking” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Campanile Bradford

You added Campanile Bradford to your Saves list
Campanile Bradford
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 Roydsdale Way | Euroway Industrial Estate, Bradford BD4 6SA, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
ADDITIONAL £7 DISCOUNT
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Bradford
Peterborough, England
“Excellent value; a bit remote but easy access and parking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed on the Sunday night of a bank holiday weekend and the hotel was extremely quiet and was obviously running on a skeleton crew. We just happened to arrive as the receptionist was attending the bar area, so we had to go and find her, but the service was excellent.

The hotel is on an industrial/trading estate and is obviously aimed more at business customers, but it is easily accessible from the M62/M606 and has ample car parking. The route to it is a little obscure, despite it being visible from the M606 - so make sure you have directions or a satnav to find it quickly.

The hotel is remote from the City centre and shops/restaurants. However, the City is not too far by car, and there are some eating places within a few minutes' drive. There is a bar and restaurant on site which serves straightforward meals. I would say the pricing was fair for the convenience.

Breakfast was buffet style, but a surprisingly large group had arrived (despite the hotel being virtually empty!) at the time we chose and the continental buffet was soon depleted, despite being quickly restocked by the kitchen. We had booked for a full cooked breakfast, which would normally have been a buffet too, but due to small number of guests, was cooked to order. The sausages and bacon weren't the best quality, but were hot and well-cooked. At half the price of nearby hotels the breakfast was perfectly acceptable.

The room was very clean, and a good size. Separate toilet and bathroom. Excellent shower - hot and powerful. The bed was very comfortable. Limited TV channels but enough for a short stay.

All we needed was a comfortable room for a night's stay at a good price, and that's exactly what we received. No frills, good value.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Campanile B, General Manager at Campanile Bradford, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear you had a good stay with us.

I am pleased to hear you thought we were reasonably priced and that my team provided a high standard of customer service. We do our best to make sure every guest leaves a happy guest

Noreen Gregory

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Exeter, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed here on the 26-5-13 and have to say it was just a mother version of a travel lodge really, very clean and tidy, when we checked in the man behind the desk didn't even tell us where our rooms was tho easy to find(not the point). It was bed n breakfast and evening meal, b,f was nice and plenty to pick from, the beds for me n hubby were to soft for us, the evening meal was ok but told we had a choice yeah pie or chill but only one veg and the next night pie again but put spuds in it or pork again with only one veg not even apple sauce!, not brilliant really but it was food. The hotel was a far way out so you defo need to drive everywhere, location not good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to read that you were not disappointed with your choice of hotel

My team and I do everything we can to drive really good customer service, so every guests leaves with the thought of coming back

I have taken on your board your comments regarding food choice and my head chef will be looking at variety for groups going forward

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Having no itv bbc or e4 spoilt my visit as was here 5 nights. Wifi constantly off/ on barely working also. No pool as trip advisor suggests. Food average very limited choice. Bad location if dont drive 2 mile walk to even a small shop apart from greggs. Staff really nice and friendly tho and rooms nice, clean and good size .

• Stayed May 2013
Campanile B, General Manager at Campanile Bradford, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I was saddened to read your stay was not up to your expectations.

I have taken on board your comments about WIFI and TV signal. I am working with engineers to increase the coverage and overall signal on site.

I hope this has not put you off from using us and hope we can welcome you back soon

Lake in the Hills, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

On first arriving we drove into an industrial estate which felt a little odd, but once inside the hotel all was fine. The room was nice and clean with a reasonably comfortable bed.

It was nice to have a bar and restaurant in the hotel but the food and drink were very overpriced! But to make up for this the waitstaff were very helpful and observant of our needs.

TV was fuzzy on most channels.
Wifi seemed to work well for me.

I would stay here again because of the cleanliness and price of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Campanile B, General Manager at Campanile Bradford, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear you had a great stay with us.

I am pleased to hear you thought my rooms were of a high standard and that my team took good care of you. I am proud to be able to pass on such lovely feedback to my team - thank you

Wirral
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Exterior: Soviet Block Russian
Interior: Thatcher'esq 1980's Council Housing

Appearances apart this is a decent budget business traveller hotel, rooms are some of the largest I've stayed in, and much more importantly the room and bathroom were clean...Properly clean, not some luddite spraying some cleaning foam on the bathroom mirror and cleaning a porthole circle in the middle, the whole room had been vacuumed, properly wiped down and felt like what you would except if you did it yourself. The reception area and the bar/restaurant looked clean too and was quite inviting, the receptionist was also well presented and friendly and as I only paid £22 for the night, I could not really complain, overall this was a surprisingly good hotel. The car park is vast so parking should never be a problem, it is on a trading estate, so you will have to travel into Bradford for food choice, for which I would recommend Zouk on Leeds Road.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Good points
Rooms are spacious and clean. Beds comfortable.
Bad points
Awful wifi, which is slow and keeps tripping out. Poor tv reception in rooms. Location not great but a short drive from the City.

• Stayed April 2013
Campanile B, General Manager at Campanile Bradford, responded to this review, April 19, 2013

Newbury, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed here for a convention at Easter. The hotel is clean with most amenties you'd want. The Desk staff were very helpful and friendly. Camapanile tries to be a shade above the 'basic' hotels, but doesn't quite make it (beds are far more comfortable in a Premier Inn for example). However it has an onsite restaurant with good portions and good quality food. The apparently handmade sauce for my fish and chips lifted it out of the ordinary. The waitress was wonderful and made a great fuss of the birthday boy in our party. On the downside, 16 people in the restaurant was far too much for them and they closed it to other residents! Be warned if the hotel is full!

The location is a shame. I was woken very early one morning by loud refridgerated lorries moving around on the surrounding industral esate. Due to the location, we'd probably only stay here again if absolutely necessary.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Campanile B, General Manager at Campanile Bradford, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Guest

I have taken on board your comments about your dining experience. As the majority of the people staying with us that weekend were attending the convention booked on a bed and breakfast package as food is supplied at the convention, we were not expecting to pick up any dinner reservations. We did under staff on this occasion which has now become a learning curve. We do normally have sufficient staffing levels on as my team and I do everything we can to drive really good customer service, so every guests leaves with the thought of coming back

I hope you enjoyed your weekend at the convention and w e look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Noreen Gregory

Been to Campanile Bradford? Share your experiences!