“Definitely The Great Victoria!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Great Victoria Hotel

You added Great Victoria Hotel to your Saves list
Great Victoria Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   39 Bridge Street, Bradford BD1 1JX, England (Formerly Victoria Hotel)   |
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Bradford
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Definitely The Great Victoria!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

This might be a bit of an unusual review for this site but I'm not sure where else to put the review. Our Daughter & her husband booked the Victoria for their wedding on Saturday 28th May. All the run up to the wedding the satff were super. We had several meals there to test it out and everything was excellent. Alot of our guests stayed over for the wedding and it was excellent value for money. The staff were very attentive and everything ran like clockwork.
Perhaps one thing, if you are staying at the hotel and not part of a wedding party or someone who goes to bed early, perhaps ask for a room well away from the function room as there seems to be little sound proofing for the rooms directly above the dance floor, as one of our cousins discovered! Others in our party who were further away couldn't hear the disco at all.
The rooms are very comfortable and the breakfast is very good. The way the hotel has been modernised is lovely and yet in the main function room, there is still the original oak panalling.
It makes an excellent city centre venue and an excellent place to stay. We will stay there again for definite.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
VictoriaManager, Manager at Great Victoria Hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post your comment. We are very pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed stay in our hotel. What’s more it is a real delight to hear that your daughter’s wedding was up to your expectations and all your guests enjoyed time in our hotel on such a special day.
On occasions that we have functions at the hotel, e.g. weddings, we try our best to allocate all guest bedrooms on the other side of the hotel to minimize noise from the function.
We would like to thank you once again for your feed back and we look forward to welcome you and your family back to the Great Victoria Hotel.

Anna Krucinska

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

Booked this hotel only two weeks before my family and I were due to go away after our original booking at another hotel fell through so had no real expectations but on the whole I was pleasantly surprised.

The Great Victoria is a grand Victorian building overlooking the Bradford Interchange bus and railway stations right in the centre of the city. The group which owns it have obviously spent a lot of money to modernise the hotel and my room was large and nicely furnished. There was free wi-fi available but the TVs had not been upgraded to Freeview sets yet. Great location as you can jump on a bus or train to anywhere in Yorkshire which is what we did most days and you're right next door to a cinema and leisure complex which is where most of the restaurants in the area seemed to be situated.

The staff were helpful enough and the breakfasts were pretty decent too. Most of the people staying were businessmen so the hotel was pretty quiet during the week. It was only on the Friday night that a new crop of rowdier guests arrived which was a shame. Overall though this is a nice place to stay in Bradford.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Many Thanks for your review regarding your recent stay at Great Victoria. We are pleased to hear that you had a pleasant time and look forward to welcoming you back again.

Kind Regards,

Dundee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Myself and some family members stated here when in the area to attend a wedding. The hotel is conveniently located across the road from the station. The public areas were modern and clean. Check in was efficient. My wife and I stayed on the 4th Floor. The room itself was let down by having only a velux window and was quite small particulary given the cost of £125 per night but the bathroom was brilliant - just as big as the room with a wet room with twin showers. A common complaint amongst our group was that the rooms were very hot.

There's a decent bar in the hotel - which had the added advantage of serving guests late. Breakfast was of a reasnable standard. The waiting staff were particualry good.

If I had the misfortune to be staying in Bradford again I'd certainly serioulsy consdier this hotel

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post your comments. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and look forward to welcome you back at Great Victoria.

Plymouth, Devon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

A lovely old building in an excellent location with pleasant, clean, comfortable rooms. The superb staff were friendly, polite, professional, immaculately dressed, and extremely helpful.

I had an evening meal in the restaurant. The food was superbly well cooked, presented, absolutely delicious, and very reasonably priced.

I have a fractured spine and when I booked (online) I requested either a soft mattress or a duvet on the mattress for extra cushioning. I was delighted to discover that the hotel's standard mattress was the most comfortable I had slept on in any hotel (UK or abroad) for as many years back as I can remember. Ever, probably.

All in all, the Great Victoria Hotel exceeded my expectations by miles! I look forward to my return trip there in a few months' time with great anticipation.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your comments. It is great pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. If you will have any other special request please book directly with our reservation team on your next time you wish to stay with us. We look forward to welcome you back.

Cambridge
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011 via mobile

I stayed here on business for one night. Check in was quick, room comfortable with good facilities. I ordered room service which was fast and food was pretty good.

I was allocated a room on the first floor overlooking the main road and local pub!!

Even on a week day evening the noise was unbearable. The carry on from the drunks standing outside the pub and the constant traffic on the main road lasted approximately 4 hours. It felt like they were in the bathroom it was that loud.

Either ask for a room overlooking
the law courts, take ear plugs or have a sleepless night!

• Stayed June 2011
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your feedback regarding your stay at Great Victoria.
We are sorry to hear that your stay was not fully satisfying. We are city centre hotel located next to railway station so unfortunately noise is a factor which is out of our control. However on your next stay please put your request for quiet side of the hotel and we make sure you will have a good night sleep.
Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcome you back in future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

I stayed here with my husband in August 2010 and we returned in October 2010. The rooms are boutique style, with modern luxury fittings. We were very pleasantly suprised to find such a plush hotel in Bradford. I'd definately recommend staying here, the rooms were lovely - very clean and well presented. Bathrooms were ensuite, luxury fittings and complimentary toiletries. We didn't eat in the restaurant, so I can't comment on the food. The staff were very polite and helpful.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post comments on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to hear that you had enjoyable stay at our hotel. We look forward to welcome you back in future.

Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

The Hotel was recomended to me some time ago, but I kept going to the 'chain' hotels instead. Took a gamble and it was well worth it. Just a lovely modern/homely place to stay. My room was clean, service was nice and the food....well delicious! Really comfortable bar in the evening with free internet access which was helpful, and not forgetting the free parking. I would definatley go back again, well worth the money. Shame there wasnt more to do in Bradford in the evening.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Been to Great Victoria Hotel? Share your experiences!