“Can't fault it :) ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wellies Restaurant

Wellies Restaurant
Oldwick Farm West Stoke Road, Chichester PO18 9AA, England (Formerly Wellies Restaurant & Tea Rooms)
+44 1243 819007
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 189 Restaurants in Chichester
Cuisines: English, Bar, Bistro
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Beautiful barn conversion in rural setting offering breakfast, lunch and dinner, coffees, cakes, secluded decking, fully licensed, free parking. Locally sourced made from scratch quality food.
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
“Can't fault it :) ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I have visited Wellies several times and yet to find a flaw , Iv been with friends , family and with children , the staff are very friendly , approachable and welcoming. Not to mention the delicious menu ,
I was so shocked when leaving my review to see a very small amount of unfair comments "full of stable women smelling and boring conversation" I'm sorry is this anything to do with Wellies restaurant!?!? Very irrelevant ! A must try restaurant You won't be disappointed I for one can't wait for my next visit .

Cowplain, United Kingdom
“Second visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

This was my second visit to Wellies having previously enjoyed a full English breakfast which was the best I've had by the way. This visit my wife and I chose the roast as it was Sunday and we were not disappointed with the freshness,quality and provenance of the food. The service was great too nothing seemed to be too much trouble for the staff which is so welcoming compared to chain restaurants. I would recommend this restaurant completely my next visit will be in the evening.

Visited February 2014
west sussex
“Simple food,well done...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Lunch today,specials were bang on I had cod fillet and leek parcel wrapped with bacon with a melted cheddar topping,carrots broccoli,red cabbage and french beans,a glass of elderflower presse,large filter coffee to finish.
This is great cooking,nicely presented by unpretentious staff in a nice rural setting.Great value.
It is a working restaurant,not a romantic location,and probably not really child orientated.But it's in the middle of nowhere,in the middle of a recession and it was packed that tells you a lot.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Portsmouth
“Delicious lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

We booked for lunch, having heard this restaurant was very good. It is 'out in the sticks' but surprisingly easy to find, and we were early for our booking. Welcoming staff assured us this was no problem, and showed us to our table. We asked to move to another table (away from the door, on a bitterly cold day) and were offered another without question. The menu had a wide range - from light lunches and snacks to main meals - and we opted for a main course. This took a little while and this was encouraging, as it was freshly cooked. We had steak and kidney pudding, and steak and guinness pie - with a variety of beautifully cooked vegetables. They were both delicious, clearly home made, and very generous portions! Sadly we could not manage a dessert - no room left. Service was excellent, and clearly a lot of the customers were regulars, greeted warmly, and from a variety of age groups. Nice to see a bottle of lovely cold water provided at the table on request.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Portsmouth, England, United Kingdom
“Cup Cakes and Muffins to Die For!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Thank you so much Wellies for supplying the truly marvellous cup cakes and muffins for the launch of the all-new mazda 3 at Nyetimber Mazda, Chichester :-)

We truely love this place for a fabulous breakfasts and hospitality - you always make us very welcome, even though we always come in at the last minute.

New order coming in a mo. :-) x

• Visited December 2013