“Good value - great staff” 4 of 5 stars

Premier Inn Arundel
Crossbush Lane | West Sussex, Arundel BN18 9PQ, England   |
Ranked #2 of 7 hotels in Arundel
Chicago, Illinois
“Good value - great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We rented 3 rooms for the family for 2 nights and found this Premier Inn to be great. Although a budget hotel, they gave 5 star service in making restaurant suggestions and reservations. The rooms are spotlessly clean and there is free parking. It is a walk into town so would recommend you drive into the city for dinner but it's an easy walk to castle and cathedral in the day. Great place to stay in Arundel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Daniel T, Team Leader at Premier Inn Arundel, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Thank you very much for your recent review on your stay at Arundel Premier Inn. I am pleased to hear that both the team and the hotel met your expectations and hope to welcome you back in the near future. Many Thanks.

176 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Vilanova i la Geltru, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Really nice, up to usual standards. Quiet, apart from the noisy door mechanisms, which means you hear doors slamming. We heard no noise from traffic or bell towers. Very comfy bed. Breakfast was nice. Can recommend.

Room Tip: Ours was overlooking the car park and it was fairly quiet, room 12.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Daniel T, Team Leader. at Premier Inn Arundel, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we are pleased to hear that we met your exectations and that you found the bed to be comfortable. I will pass your compliments regarding breakfast to the restaurant also. Once again thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Usual Premier Inn standard, room was clean and nice, staff were warm and welcoming, But if you do book this hotel, you are probably better off, phoning to make sure your not sleeping across from the Convent - Because you can here all the road traffic noise and also the Convent that has a bell, that goes off everyhour, not much fun at 03:30am in the morning

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Many thanks for taking the opportunity to leave us a review on your recent stay at Arundel Premier Inn, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and apologise that the convent bells had disturbed you. We hope to welcome you back to Arundel in the near future.
Southern California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We have not stayed yet.

Booked a room last December, their website says they had no record of the two reservations. The website "contact us" feature does not work,(I tried two different browsers) so I could not question that way.

So I had to make an expensive international call to find out that they indeed did have my two bookings.

Obviously they need to get into the 21st Century.

Room Tip: The reception clerk said all the rooms are the same size, they just charge more for more people, eve...
Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Arundel, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience when booking with us. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests find our website easy to navigate and make the booking process as simple as possible. We apologise if we have not me your expectations on this occasion. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Website team. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you to Premier Inn in the future.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I recently stayed at this Premier Inn at the end of June and thought that I needed to write a review on my recent stay here. The hotel is located on the corner of the road set back from the Beefeater Restaurant it is located facing fields with beautiful scenery and the sound of sheep in a morning! The general outside appearance of the hotel and Beefeater is fairly "poor" but don't let this deter you from staying. Upon entering the hotel I was immediately greeted by a young lady behind reception who was both friendly and knowledgeable. A young gentleman appeared from the back of reception who again immediately acknowledged me and my wife, he came along and started chatting to my 2 children and kept them entertained whilst we were being checked in, later on in the evening it became clear he was in fact the Manager of the hotel and was very interested in why we were in the area and if there was anything extra he could do for us. We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights and again was met by the same two people again the following morning we joked that they never went home. The warmth and compassion from these two people has guaranteed we will return in the future! The hotel was immaculate and both the staff and food in the adjacent restaurant was spot on. Thank you Premier Inn for a fantastic 1st stay in one of your chain.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Daniel T, Team Leader at Premier Inn Arundel, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the opportunity to leave us a review on your recent stay at Arundel Premier Inn. We are pleased to hear that the staff you encountered were all friendly and compassionate. Your compliments regarding the restaurant have also been passed on. We hope to welcome you back to Arundel Premier Inn in the near future. Once again thank you very much for the lovely comments.
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Stayed here to visit the area and catch up with family. The hotel looks less than promising from the outside but the room was clean and spacious and we were put at the back as I requested on my booking. Staff very friendly and helpful. No doubt the road was noisy but hardly PI fault. We didn't hear anything overnight but we did have the fan on which helped I am sure. Didn't have breakfast so can't comment on that. Overall, a very good experience but please tidy up the outside of the building - it is off putting. What I would say is it must be seriously irritating for the staff to have keep tidying up the car park when customers empty their work vans of accumulated rubbish straight out of the door which happened twice - both times cleared up quickly.

Room Tip: Ask for one at the back but they overlook the car park if you want to avoid the road.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on your recent visit to Arundel Premier Inn. We are pleased to hear that we were able to accommodate your request for a room at the back of the hotel. At Premier Inn we strive ourselves in offering clean, comfortable rooms at reasonable prices and your comments regarding the outside of the hotel has been noted. Once again thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
Bristol, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I spent a night here before a sales demonstration, arriving late after a long journey. The room was clean and comfortable, unfortunately a vent in the wall meant that I was able to hear every sound from outside.

Despite being at the back of the hotel, I was awoken repeatedly by passing cars. I was awoken (and kept awake for some time) at 05:00 by the dawn chorus. I was awoken at 07:30 (neary an hour earlier than I had intended to rise) by a nearby church bell, which then rang repeatedly until after I was up. Initially I blamed it all on the single-glazed sash window, it was only in daylight that I noticed the brick-sized hole in the wall.

When I met my boss at 08:45 for breakfast, the first thing he mentioned was having exactly the same problem with his own room (he also complained about his room being cold). As neither of us had had a good night's sleep, he requested a refund under Premier Inn's "No Quibble" guarantee. The staff quibbled and there was no refund.

Breakfast, at least, was the best that I've had at any Premier Inn.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Arundel, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a quiet stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured your comments has been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Been to Premier Inn Arundel? Share your experiences!