I booked the Hilton as a present for my husband. I asked for little touches to be put into the room which was carried out.
When we checked in we were advised that the swimming pool was out of order as it was under repair, as was the sauna. They did offfer us free passes to the pool in Felpham but that was too far to travel when all we wanted was a relaxing break.
At check in I was told that there was an upgrade available. However, there was a function near to the suite available, and we were asked if we wanted it as there may be some noise. I asked to see both rooms and the reception and staff were very friendly and obliging. We had a look at the suite which happened to be the honeymoon suite which was spot on, and I had a look at the deluxe room which after seeing the suite, I was rather disappointed with. Had the upgrade not been available on this occasion I probably would have been disappointed with my stay.
In the rooms were free water, 2 small bottles of wine and tea and coffee facilities. There was also robes and slippers for your use.
The honeymoon suite was big. A living room area with a couple of sofas, a dressing room with a safe, ironing board etc. The bedroom and the bathroom with his and hers sinks, a shower and a free standing bath. Complimentary toiletries too. The little touches were lovely. There was also 2 TV's, one in the bedroom, one in the lounge. However you can tell the bed is a honeymoon one as it sank a little in the middle!
For the price you pay for the room, it would have been nice to see the net curtain without a hole in it, and the floor towels that weren't frayed, and nice clean grouting in the bathroom.
The staff we felt were exemplary. They couldn't do enough for us.
My husband and I went to the gym which was fairly small to hire tennis rackets and a ball to have a quick game of tennis. The hire was £1 a racket and 50p a ball. They had 2 tennis courts. After we finished we had a go on the putting green and then had a game of garden chess. At this point it would have been nice to go for a swim but we were too relaxed to travel to it.
We booked a table in the restaurant which was somewhat busy. The food was ok. I was expecting a very high standard so was rather disappointed with the outcome. Presentation was good but the quality of the preparation of the food wasn't quite there. they're not a Michelin standard just yet. The drinks were expensive. I had a small glass of wine and it cost me £6.20! I dread to think what a large glass would have cost me. The atmosphere in the restaurant was rather pleasant though and the waiters/waitresses were ok. Breakfast in the morning was a buffet style with tea/coffee brought over to your table. I would have preferred an ordered breakfast for my hot food, with the cold food as buffet given the price I paid for the hotel.
We were offered a fast checkout which we didn't need to use and our experience with check out was spot on again. The receptionists couldn't have done enough for us for our stay and it would be worth going back just for that experience.
We did use the spa on the Sunday but there was only 1 therapist on so my husband and I couldn't have treatments at the same time. The therapist was very nice and pretty good at her job. A bit of cleaning could have been done on the doors there though.
There are some internal decoration areas needed such as the corridor leading to the suite we stayed in, and even the spa had a window frame needing repairing. The carpets looked like they needed an update too.
If the hotel was to redecorate and improve the dining experience this would be an amazing place to stay. And if you are into golf, you can play a few holes too.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Avisford Park Hotel Arundel
- Hilton Avisford Park Hotel
- Hilton Avisford Park Arundel
- Hilton Arundel
- Arundel Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Avisford Park, Arundel, a grand Georgian manor house is set in 89 acres of beautiful Sussex parkland. There are excellent transport links to the hotel; proximity to London Gatwick Airport and Southampton Airport and rail links direct to London.The hotel has 140 well appointed bedrooms and an array of leisure facilities including indoor and outdoor (seasonal opening times) heated swimming pools, sauna, steam room, tennis courts, squash court, putting, croquet and beauty rooms offering a range of Elemis treatments and products.There are also various function rooms ideal for weddings, christenings and family gatherings or business events catering for 2 to 550. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hilton EMEA, Agoda, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Hilton Avisford Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.