“Great location.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Arundel
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Great location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We booked this with friends on a travelzoo deal which was exceptional value. We arrived early and helpful receptionist gave us parking voucher so we could leave car and walk around pretty town. Our rooms in courtyard annexe were large and adequately furnished but felt a bit bare and lacking in character. Bed seemed small for size of room but everything was clean and comfortable. However heating did not seem to be on and room was chilly. Dinner menu gave us a good choice and food was well cooked and ample portions. Offer included a bottle of wine per room that we were able to take into dinner which was a bonus. The hotel is a bit tired in places but the location could not be better and all the staff were helpful and friendly. A bargain at the price we paid. I would stay again on a similar deal.

Stayed October 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Chesterfield
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We booked under the Buyagift scheme so did not expect a brilliant room, but were surprised how shabby the annexe room was with very battered furniture. It was clean and the water in the bathroom was piping hot, but the soft mattress gave us backache. We were asked if we wanted to book for dinner, but decided to wait until we had sampled a breakfast. Breakfast was reasonable though the automatic hot drinks machine broke down on both days and the dining room was very depressing with no window views. There were no dinner menus we could see in reception, the rooms or on line so we asked the receptionist who showed us the menu placed in a very unobtrusive and low light area in small print. Staff were helpful and fortunately there were many good eating places close by.

Room Tip: Do not expect much from the annexe rooms.
Beckenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I stayed here for one Friday night to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We chose the Norfolk Arms as it is centrally located in Arundel village. However, we were also pleased with the hotel itself not just the excellent location.

Upon arrival we found a reasonably large car park at the back of the hotel, and we were given a sign to display on the dashboard to indicate we were patrons of the hotel.
When checking in and out, the staff were friendly and helpful.

The room itself was adequate, although dated. The furniture was very old (period, I think some people would call it), but generally the facilities were good. The shower wasn't very powerful and I was glad I didn't need to wash my hair. During the night there was a lot of creaking floors due to the age of the building, and I didn't sleep as well as I could have. But overall we had a good night.

There was a wide selection for breakfast; croissants, bread for toasting, cereal, yoghurt etc. and the option of a cooked breakfast which you could select the items you wanted rather than just being given the standard breakfast, e.g. no black pudding for me, an extra sausage for my husband. The gentleman waiting on us was more than happy to help with any special requests.

Kent, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Lovely hotel, very friendly staff, beautiful rooms, great breakfast. Cannot find fault with this hotel, its central to everything in Arundel and very comfortable. The pubs nearby are great, friendly and if you are lucky you will get a live band on a Saturday night. We will visit again.

Room Tip: All are lovely.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have just spent two nights at the Norfolk Arms Hotel. Yes, the hotel is a bit tired and does need some refurbishment which I understand is all in hand, however you cannot fault the charm of the place. I am pleased it is a listed building as it will not be turned into a modern, no character shell of a hotel. The staff are some of the best I have come across, from the warm welcome when we arrived from the receptionist to the waitress in the breakfast room. I was there for the Candlelight festival and the hotel was fairly full but most people I spoke to during my stay were full of compliments about the hotel and the general good feeling generated by all the staff. I would without doubt recommend the hotel.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Norfolk Arms is a delightful, grand old coaching inn right in the centre of Arundel. It is a great location with good off-road parking. Of course as an old building there is an element of tired tradition about it. We had a room in the annex which was not the most comfortable but overall the stay met my expectations. Friendly staff and a good breakfast.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The staff were so obliging and friendly, which made for a relaxing stay, but the bathrooms do need a makeover. We had a Christmas meal, which was not up to scratch and the house wine was not the best I've had for the price. Could do better. The breakfast was fine. The lounges were really great, with log fires and comfortable furniture. A good atmosphere.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Been to Norfolk Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!