“Great pub food in a lovely setting.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 49 Restaurants in Arundel
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Whether you're after a quiet drink with friends or a meal with the family, The Swan is perfect for you. Our traditionally styled bar is open all day 'til 11pm (later on Fridays and Saturdays, and for hotel guests), serving outstanding Fuller's and Gales ales, a great range of spirits and wines, as well as soft drinks for the family. Don't forget to bring the dog too, as our bar is very pet friendly!Our restaurant serves up a great selection of pub favorites with a great deal of locally sourced produce being used, and our chefs use their creative flair with delicious daily changing specials! Food is served 12-3pm 6-9pm Monday to Friday, 12-9.30pm on Saturdays and 12-7pm on Sundays. Booking recommended.
Perth, Western Australia
“Great pub food in a lovely setting.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Swan Hotel and loved it.
The restaurant is very warm and cosy with an open fire and lovely décor.
There is an extensive range of lagers and ales on tap and also extensive wine list.
The meals were all good value and the staff very attentive and friendly.
The steak with pepper sauce was very tender and tasty, as was the steak and ale pie.
All in all great food in a very cosy setting.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Polish first
North Carolina
“Attentive service, good food, great convenience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed in Arundel for the first night of our UK trip. A review for the Swan House Hotel is posted separately, but wanted to post a review of the restaurant as well.

We were looking for a simple way to dine, with good food and minimal inconvenience, as we were tired from the overnight trip from the states. I am pleased to report that after having eaten lunch, dinner, and then breakfast the following morning at the Swan, our review is favorable.

Lunch for my wife was a pot of Earl Gray tea, and she ordered the Cornish sardines...biggest ones either of us has encountered, very tasty. I had the chicken club, the bread was so thick that it ended up being eaten as two open faced half sandwiches, and two sandwiches with bread top and bottom. Was delicious.

For dinner, my wife had a large glass of their pinot grigio (6 pounds), I had a Fuller's Bengal Lancer IPA (3.70 pounds), we shared a goat cheese bruchetta (4 pounds) which was very tasty. She had their haddock (10.85 pounds) , I had the Steal & Ale pie (12.95 pounds), both were nicely prepared and satisfying.

The waitstaff was very friendly and patient in explaining some menu issues typically not familiar to American visitors. The food was presented in a reasonably timely fashion, not too fast, not too slow, plenty of time to enjoy one's table companion and the meal.

We had been tempted by their pudding sampler for dessert, but were totally sated.

Breakfast is referenced under my review of the hotel itself.

Long story short, this is a nice place to have lunch or dinner, won't break the bank, and is particularly convenient if travels call for a stay in Arundel, particularly if staying at the hotel.

• Visited September 2013
“Lovely!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Lovely homely but modern pub, great staff and great beer and wine! Nice to just sit and watch the news and read a paper. Will be back! Thanks, Chris & Janet Farrell

• Visited August 2013
England
“Nice food, but service slow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We took my mother here for her birthday on a Saturday lunch time. The restaurant was busy, and nicely appointed with a relaxed atmosphere. We all ordered different food from a varied menu, which was nice. My only negative comment would be that the service was very slow, which was a real shame and we had to pay at the bar on our way out as we just couldn't flag down a waitress to our table!

• Visited August 2013
Florence, Arizona
“Excellent !!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

The beers and ciders were great! The male bartener/host was extraordinary!!!! Love him. Went back 8 times............. but he was only there on the weekends. I wish I knew his name..... Amazing.

Visited July 2013